Now that we have (hopefully) calmed down

abw0004

31 minutes ago, keesler said:

After 5 years, I refuse to blame the heat/weather conditions, injuries, communication mishaps, poor officiating, WRs lack of execution & having game changing drops, and I damn sure refuse to throw Aubie's troll job into the bag of excuses that may have caused AU to give up a 20 pt lead against a team that has a buffoon for a HC.

For the record I wasn't blaming Aubie on the outcome.  It was just one of the observations that I wanted to express.  Again, I was not inferring it to the performance of the team, it was a separate issue.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Different words are used to describe different coaches in the SEC.  Muschamp is "Intense" Saban is a "Perfectionist" Derek Mason is "High Energy" Kirby Smart is "Aggressive", Gus Malzahn is "Stubborn" and "Paranoid". 

Also I am not saying Gus is a bad coach.  He isn't.  He recruits extremely well.  Has put together a stellar defensive staff.  The off the field issues are minor and few.  However, Gus IS an 8-4 football coach.  He is being paid to be a 10-2 football coach at least.  Gus still thinks he is a 12-2 guy.  He sales recruits on that too. But after this season Gus will be 8-4 yet again. 

I think that was well put.

The bottom line is Gus is single handedly bulldozing this program to the ground.  The history, the tradition all being tarnished by an egotistical idiot.  The players have enough talent to play with anyone.  The problem is the hot head maniac known as Malzahn.  He’s caused nothing but problems and is the worst kind of cancer this program could ever have.  Posts like this mean well but come across misguided, no one is not not supporting the players.  There is a fine line between supporting them and not supporting the idiot in charge. 

3 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

what did Aubie do? He is always excellent in his performance and its always more than 60 minutes, its like 4 hours every game.

Just as an aside, there is more than one person working as Aubie in every game.  Extremely hard to get that honor too.  The try-outs are extremely competitive.  But like I sad above I was not group Aubie with the team's performance, it was a separate issue I wanted to mention.

If you were legitimately asking what he did, he dressed up as a Trojan for the LSU game, and as a Left Shark during the Ole Miss game after the game ended.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

what did Aubie do? He is always excellent in his performance and its always more than 60 minutes, its like 4 hours every game.

He was donning "Troy Trojans" gear and prowling the sidelines.....no different than back over 2 decades ago Aubie was smoking a Cuban in Baton Rouge with a sign "Smoke 'em if you got 'em" and our players smoked cigars at LSU mid-field.  Of course that was after an actual win in BR.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Offensive coordinators and their schemes have a very short shelf life in the SEC...4 years tops.  An OC has to constantly adjust, if not reinvent themselves to maintain an advantage in this league.  We made a dumb hire and should've known we'd only get 2 or 3 decent years out of it.  His concepts were great 7 years ago...but it was never going to last.  We need to move on ASAP.

Exactly. We are running in place offensively. We hire offensive coaches who have limited experience who, no matter what the situation is, dust off the same play book when the going gets tough. The QB shuffle last year opened my eyes...WDE-open! 

Surely the trend of no second half offense in our loses the last three years would be evidence enough.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Just as an aside, there is more than one person working as Aubie in every game.  Extremely hard to get that honor too.  The try-outs are extremely competitive.  But like I sad above I was not group Aubie with the team's performance, it was a separate issue I wanted to mention.

If you were legitimately asking what he did, he dressed up as a Trojan for the LSU game, and as a Left Shark during the Ole Miss game after the game ended.

yeah I knew there was more than one, they all do an excellent job

The Trojan was like poking Mike the Tiger with a stick, probably won't end well

9 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Different words are used to describe different coaches in the SEC.  Muschamp is "Intense" Saban is a "Perfectionist" Derek Mason is "High Energy" Kirby Smart is "Aggressive", Gus Malzahn is "Stubborn" and "Paranoid". 

Also I am not saying Gus is a bad coach.  He isn't.  He recruits extremely well.  Has put together a stellar defensive staff.  The off the field issues are minor and few.  However, Gus IS an 8-4 football coach.  He is being paid to be a 10-2 football coach at least.  Gus still thinks he is a 12-2 guy.  He sales recruits on that too. But after this season Gus will be 8-4 yet again. 

Could even be 7-5. Where I thought we did have an advantage over atm, now seeing that Gus has not in fact learned his lesson about letting his coordinators coach without his interference, I honestly believe that we now have about a 50/50 chance of beating them. Just depends on whether Sumlin or Gus proves to be the more inept coach.

1 hour ago, msza said:

Some people want Gus out, some want him to stay. Can we compromise and let him coach the first half of games, then bring on a closer HC for the second half? ^-^ Cuz we'd probably win a championship every year . . .

So simple...why didn't Gus think of that?

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Could even be 7-5. Where I thought we did have an advantage over atm, now seeing that Gus has not in fact learned his lesson about letting his coordinators coach without his interference, I honestly believe that we now have about a 50/50 chance of beating them. Just depends on whether Sumlin or Gus proves to be the more inept coach.

I  do analysis for a living.  I do research and make assessments about what is likely to happen in the future based on what has happened in the past.  In the past Kevin Sumlin starts the season off strong.  The his teams collapse the second half of the season.  Thats happened four years in a row.  So it is likely to happen again.  Gus goes 8-4.

4 minutes ago, autigersj said:

He doesn't know how to adjust....

Please tell me Justin is not just now figuring this out. It has been obvious for several years now.

7 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I  do analysis for a living.  I do research and make assessments about what is likely to happen in the future based on what has happened in the past.

Are you an actuary?  Just curious as that describes an actuary in the insurance business.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Are you an actuary?  Just curious as that describes an actuary in the insurance business.

No.  Although I did look into that a couple years ago.

11 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I  do analysis for a living.  I do research and make assessments about what is likely to happen in the future based on what has happened in the past.  In the past Kevin Sumlin starts the season off strong.  The his teams collapse the second half of the season.  Thats happened four years in a row.  So it is likely to happen again.  Gus goes 8-4.

You could very well be right about atm game, but at this point it doesn't really matter b/c unless a miracle happens and Gus gives up the headset between now and the UGA game, no way we beat them or Bama and Gus is gone anyway. He needed at least 10 wins to stay this year in my opinion.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

You could very well be right about atm game, but at this point it doesn't really matter b/c unless a miracle happens and Gus gives up the headset between now and the UGA game, no way we beat them or Bama and Gus is gone anyway. He needed at least 10 wins to stay this year in my opinion.

agreed

Elite ineptness and cowardice from Gus.

Add that to the trust issues I already had.

I'll continue to support the players, even if that means they transfer.

AD, OC/DC, retain them or fire them, I do not care.

It's just time for Gus to go.

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Anything less than an SEC west title was failure and he’s more than on his way to delivering unparalleled failure

I was more agreeing with the part of there is no way he beats uga or bama.

Aside from being mad, off the bus, and not taking it anymore, what magic island of established or up and coming, program building coaches (that only we know about)  are we going to go to to replace Gus with? Just within the sec, most (literally) fan bases are doing exactly the same ranting about firing their coach and AD now.  Today. There may be no year in recent memory that's even close to the number of searches that will be going on than this one at end of season. I'm not saying the current situation is acceptable, just that a lot of being successful is about timing.  Bad can get much, much worse.

Otherwise, we could start out by demanding chip Kelly (the new j gruden) and end up groveling for lane kiffin 

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Aside from being mad, off the bus, and not taking it anymore, what magic island of established or up and coming, program building coaches (that only we know about)  are we going to go to to replace Gus with? Just within the sec, most (literally) fan bases are doing exactly the same ranting about firing their coach and AD now.  Today. There may be no year in recent memory that's even close to the number of searches that will be going on than this one at end of season. I'm not saying the current situation is acceptable, just that a lot of being successful is about timing.  Bad can get much, much worse.

Otherwise, we could start out by demanding chip Kelly (the new j gruden) and end up groveling for lane kiffin 

Personally I say we let bygoes be bygones and hire Mullen.  Frost at Central Florida is also  a possibbilty.

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

In other words, a coaches market. I've heard that from several sources. Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, etc. are all possible competition. More top 25 schools in the market for new coaches likely this year. Well have to wait and see of course.

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

59 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If people here think Gus is stubborn wait until they get Chip Kelly... 

Archived