Now that we have (hopefully) calmed down

abw0004

31 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

If people here think Gus is stubborn wait until they get Chip Kelly... 

Surely the folks in charge down on The Plains are not stupid enough to hire that moron!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we have calmed down we can endure another 8-4 or 7-5 season with top 10 talent. We will lose to Georgia and Bama AGAIN like we always do with Malzahn. Probably also with a loss to TAMU. 

I'm so done with Malzahn and his mediocrity 

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Aside from being mad, off the bus, and not taking it anymore, what magic island of established or up and coming, program building coaches (that only we know about)  are we going to go to to replace Gus with? Just within the sec, most (literally) fan bases are doing exactly the same ranting about firing their coach and AD now.  Today. There may be no year in recent memory that's even close to the number of searches that will be going on than this one at end of season. I'm not saying the current situation is acceptable, just that a lot of being successful is about timing.  Bad can get much, much worse.

Otherwise, we could start out by demanding chip Kelly (the new j gruden) and end up groveling for lane kiffin 

I'm OK with taking a chance on somebody. 

After all, it's now been long enough for us to know what we have with Gus.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'm OK with taking a chance on somebody. 

After all, it's been long enough now for us to know what we have with Gus.

As am I, as long as Jay Jacobs is not the AD and making the hire.  

wde

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

What I am about to say is not excusing the game and what happened.  Like in anything I do, I try to sit back and look at the whole turn of events after time has passed where cooler heads will prevail.  I have found that speaking in the midst of emotion can only lead to bad/embarrassing things.  None of these things individually made Auburn lose, or even as a collective, but they are worth noting.

I will start off by saying the LSU game did hurt.  It was painful to watch after such a strong start.  There were a few things I noticed from the game I think we do need to consider.

One thing I am starting to notice is LSU's respect for opposing teams.  I always knew their fans were nasty, and was not a place to take your children for a game.  For me it started with the Florida debacle last year.  This year during the game LSU was unwilling to let Auburn do what they needed to do to cool off our players.  Auburn was sitting in over 100 heat, while LSU's bench was in 80 degree weather.  Major difference.  On top of that, LSU has never let Auburn bring their cooled benches.  With that, many players were overheating, and had to come off the field due to cramps.

Injuries were a major issues.  On defense, I believe on of the main issues was the breakdown in communication.  The two leaders on defense for communication were Tre Williams and Tray Matthews.  One did not play, and the other got injured.  This lead to communication mishaps.  Our center, Casey Dunn, also went down, who controls all of the calls for the offensive line.  We got hurt in the areas we really could not afford to lose.

The kick return was a big issue for me with the block in the back on Eli Stove that was never called.  That play was the momentum changer.  If that was called, the score may have ended up the same still, but who knows.

Our receivers just simply could not catch anything in the second half, or get any separation.  Stidham did all he could do and threw really pretty balls to the guys.  I don't really know what went wrong there.

I was disappointed in Aubie trolling LSU (and Ole Miss), essentially stooping to their level.  It is not like Aubie to do that.  And as we know it backfired big time.  Disappointed for sure.

Lastly, I want to address the fans as a whole.  I know this loss was frustrating.  It hurt big time.  But we need to stay away from attacking the players like some have done.  We also need to stay away from people like Heath Evans who uses Auburn for his personal gain.  He did this same thing in 2012.  I am very happy to see Nosa Eguae call him out this morning.  I agreed with everything he said.  I see many people blame Gus for the play calling when the last few weeks it was a consensus agreement that Chip Lindsey was calling the plays.  I did not agree with all of the play calling, but we have the coordinators to get this back on track.  We are 5-2, not 2-5.

We lost, and it is time to look ahead to Arkansas.  The world has not ended, just like it didn't after Clemson.  What those players need right now is for us to rally around them, not tear them apart.  I hope this gets through to at least one person.  Thank you.

Some of the things you say are true and I have no problem with you saying them. I have rightly been accused of being a Sunshine Pumper.  There is nothing wrong with being a Sunshine Pumper but even Sunshine Pumpers need to have a point where they can see that the sun is no longer shining.

After our first three games this year I got off the Gus Bus but after the SEC season I started to believe Gus was changing and I mentioned before the LSU game I was close to getting back on the Gus Bus I gave him credit for the turnaround on Defense because he hired Muschamp and Steele,I have him credit for our recruiting,  I gave him an allowance as Stidham had not played in over a year and was obviously Rusty.  At that time I said I was thinking about getting back on the bus unless we lost to LSU. The reason was we have more talent than LSU, LSU was and is bad this year, and we were firing on all cylinders and as far as I was concerned there would be no excuse to lose to LSU.

Then we started out great and our better talent and better game plan proved how much better we were. Than we did the unthinkable we went into a shell. 17 runs up the middle on first down while watching our lead evaporate. If Chip called all 17 Gus could have forced him to change he is the head coach. Than he finally brings Barrett in and runs the play he always runs when Barret comes in and we get stuffed for a loss.  We had to work hard to lose this game.  Last game against Ole Miss big lead than go into a shell. I have seen this to many times.  That is why I believe we need a change. 

I love your calm demeanor and your positive outlook but as I said earlier sometime you have to realize the sun is no longer shining.

6 hours ago, autigersj said:

This post is hard to read... ABW are you secretly WarBlogle?? lol

HAHAHAHA!!!! I have my issues with ABW but NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is a worse Auburn "fan" than war blogle!!!! That dude wanted to keep chizik after 2012. He is a disgrace to Auburn imo. 

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

What I am about to say is not excusing the game and what happened.  Like in anything I do, I try to sit back and look at the whole turn of events after time has passed where cooler heads will prevail.  I have found that speaking in the midst of emotion can only lead to bad/embarrassing things.  None of these things individually made Auburn lose, or even as a collective, but they are worth noting.

I will start off by saying the LSU game did hurt.  It was painful to watch after such a strong start.  There were a few things I noticed from the game I think we do need to consider.

One thing I am starting to notice is LSU's respect for opposing teams.  I always knew their fans were nasty, and was not a place to take your children for a game.  For me it started with the Florida debacle last year.  This year during the game LSU was unwilling to let Auburn do what they needed to do to cool off our players.  Auburn was sitting in over 100 heat, while LSU's bench was in 80 degree weather.  Major difference.  On top of that, LSU has never let Auburn bring their cooled benches.  With that, many players were overheating, and had to come off the field due to cramps.

Injuries were a major issues.  On defense, I believe on of the main issues was the breakdown in communication.  The two leaders on defense for communication were Tre Williams and Tray Matthews.  One did not play, and the other got injured.  This lead to communication mishaps.  Our center, Casey Dunn, also went down, who controls all of the calls for the offensive line.  We got hurt in the areas we really could not afford to lose.

The kick return was a big issue for me with the block in the back on Eli Stove that was never called.  That play was the momentum changer.  If that was called, the score may have ended up the same still, but who knows.

Our receivers just simply could not catch anything in the second half, or get any separation.  Stidham did all he could do and threw really pretty balls to the guys.  I don't really know what went wrong there.

I was disappointed in Aubie trolling LSU (and Ole Miss), essentially stooping to their level.  It is not like Aubie to do that.  And as we know it backfired big time.  Disappointed for sure.

Lastly, I want to address the fans as a whole.  I know this loss was frustrating.  It hurt big time.  But we need to stay away from attacking the players like some have done.  We also need to stay away from people like Heath Evans who uses Auburn for his personal gain.  He did this same thing in 2012.  I am very happy to see Nosa Eguae call him out this morning.  I agreed with everything he said.  I see many people blame Gus for the play calling when the last few weeks it was a consensus agreement that Chip Lindsey was calling the plays.  I did not agree with all of the play calling, but we have the coordinators to get this back on track.  We are 5-2, not 2-5.

We lost, and it is time to look ahead to Arkansas.  The world has not ended, just like it didn't after Clemson.  What those players need right now is for us to rally around them, not tear them apart.  I hope this gets through to at least one person.  Thank you.

You were disappointed in our mascot holding up freaking corn dogs. Even LSU fans found that funny...that’s all I took away from this post . The 18 faceplams prettymuch says it all

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Four things:

1) I want whatever the OP is taking.  That's gotta be some real good stuff.

2) With all of the problems on the field Saturday, you're worried about freaking AUBIE?!  Dude, priorities.  It's a damn mascot.

3) Yeah, we're 5-2.  We should be 7-0.  Offensive play calling is the only thing stopping that from being the case right now.

4)  You couldn't be more wrong about their fans.  I didn't pay for food or drinks all day.  Those people put Auburn's pre-game tailgating scene and hospitality to shame.

should we be worried with how IN LOVE you are with Red Stick and LSU?! lol mercy man!!! You have been pumping sunshine about them going on over a week now!! 

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

should we be worried with how IN LOVE you are with Red Stick and LSU?! lol mercy man!!! You have been pumping sunshine about them going on over a week now!! 

No.  He is just not buying into "woe is us, everyone is mean to AU, refs cheat only against AU, it was too hot on our sideline against when we played LSU, etc" as a a reason for being pussified offended or excuse making.

wde

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

No.  He is just not buying into "woe is us, everyone is mean to AU, refs cheat only against AU, it was too hot on our sideline against when we played LSU, etc" as a a reason for being pussified offended or excuse making.

wde

lol no no no. I am talking about everything OUTSIDE the game. He has been talking up LSU fans like they are some of the nicest fans in the sec. When mine and most others experiences I have heard point to anything but. IMO the pups and lsu have the worst fans in the sec. (Not counting west vance of course.)

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

To be fair, I had an LSU fan tell me I'd fit in well with them while we were sharing a beer at 9 am.  My Auburn friend said the same, but I'm not leaving.  My heart is and always will be AU, but I'm absolutely in love with (and really jealous of) the party they throw.  There's just nothing else like it that I've experienced besides maybe Ole Miss.  And it's a lot more fun to talk about than the head dork roaming our sidelines.

And I'm only talking about my experiences.  It's all I have to go on, which have all been phenomenal down there.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol no no no. I am talking about everything OUTSIDE the game. He has been talking up LSU fans like they are some of the nicest fans in the sec. When mine and most others experiences I have heard point to anything but. IMO the pups and lsu have the worst fans in the sec. (Not counting west vance of course.)

One other thing to add.  I saw exactly one total jackass on Saturday among fans.  He was wearing orange and blue.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

One other thing to add.  I saw exactly one total jackass on Saturday among fans.  He was wearing orange and blue.

you just have completely different experiences in Red Stick from the ones I have heard and that I have experienced. I will NEVER go back to athens or baton rouge. Their fans are scum (imo of course). But hey man glad you had a good time! lol. Not every experience is created equal!

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

You were disappointed in our mascot holding up freaking corn dogs. Even LSU fans found that funny...that’s all I took away from this post . The 18 faceplams prettymuch says it all

Agreed.  There is no such thing as karma and God doesn't care who wins football games.  People that are attracted to Auburn are more culturally conservative then some of our rivals but that doesn't make us better in any way.  Our primary rival is the exception to the rule in behavior for fans not the norm.  We, along with many of other fan bases in the conference are pretty much the same.  

Sorry DAG not directed at you I just didn't want to copy the OP and have it pasted another time in this thread.

We have top 10 talent across the board.  We have the one of the highest paid head coaches and coaching staffs in the country.  We should atleast expect to go .500 against our primary rivals.  That would be UF, LSU, UGA, UT, aTm, and bama.   The others in the conference we should play at a minimum historically about .850 against.  That probably puts you around 9-3 each year on average.  

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

You know what's funny?  There are actually LSU tailgates with giant signs and banners that say "Corn Dog Nation" hanging.  They've embraced the whole thing and made it a joke and part of their fandom.

7 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Maybe he feels that since he has written a book on his stellar offensive schemes, he canno deviate from it?

Seams like if he would evolve his OFFENSE it would open up for volume 2.

3 hours ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Now that we have calmed down we can endure another 8-4 or 7-5 season with top 10 talent. We will lose to Georgia and Bama AGAIN like we always do with Malzahn. Probably also with a loss to TAMU. 

I'm so done with Malzahn and his mediocrity 

.......And retain Malzahn. They take us fans as a joke and don't truly care or else they would have gotten rid of him anyway. If we didn't go on that 2013 run this would have happened a long time ago. Gift and a curse.

Does he realize that CGM just broke a record...Top 10 teams have won 209 straight games when leading an opponent by 20 or more points. Auburn lost the 210th game Saturday against LSU.

I am hoping for the best the rest of the season. But I would fire Gus today if I were running the ad. I can't defend him after Saturday. That was completely unacceptable. There were plays on defense that could have won the game for us but the defense didn't lose it. There were a couple of drops that might have won it had they been caught. But we should have won by 24-30 points it was offense coaching that lost. Had we won 23- 21 I would feel almost as bad as I do now. 

8 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

LMAO.....so you start in again with the "I am a better fan, because yada, yada, yada".  You need to drop that crap.

wde

In all fairness he (Abw) was responding to a poster (eagle eye)that claimed he is such a better fan than him (abw) that "fake" fans like him (Abw) should be "run right out of the system". What he (Abw) said is not even in the same hemisphere of what Eagle eye said in regards of claiming to be a better fan. I don't agree with his assessment but the personal attacks aren't needed. 

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

In all fairness he (Abw) was responding to a poster (eagle eye)that claimed he is such a better fan than him (abw) that "fake" fans like him (Abw) should be "run right out of the system". What he (Abw) said is not even in the same hemisphere of what Eagle eye said in regards of claiming to be a better fan. I don't agree with his assessment but the personal attacks aren't needed. 

he responded that way to ABW because ABW constantly talks about how good of a fan he is! That is why.

8 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

LMAO.....so you start in again with the "I am a better fan, because yada, yada, yada".  You need to drop that crap.

wde

Totally didn’t realize that the OP is the same poster that said he/she was more than loyal than the rest of us. Thanks 

Archived