Now that we have (hopefully) calmed down

abw0004

Me either.   I want to see an announcement that Jay Jacobs has either resigned or been fired. That is the only thing that is going to make me feel better.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hire abw as our interim AD.

Walking in on the first day of the job:

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Walking in on the first day of the job:

tenor.gif

Ok, abw, interview question.  What would you do to right the ship in Auburn’s current situation?  Not just with football, but with athletics?  And your thoughts on the football coaching situation.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not really doing that.  But it is easy to remember those who only post to troll others.  At least the others gave their side of the argument like aujeff11 of why they heavily disagreed with me, which I completely respect.  And as you could see aujeff11 and I were having fun with it.  No need to be that way my man.  Never done anything to disrespect you, and never will.

You already have in your last two posts to me, but then self reflection isn't really your thing.  Self aggrandizement is.

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ok, abw, interview question.  What would you do to right the ship in Auburn’s current situation?  Not just with football, but with athletics?  And your thoughts on the football coaching situation.

3d514521572ec2d053453adb2e87a2b6ca4598d7

In all seriousness, if you were legitimately asking, feel free to PM me as I know my thoughts/suggestions may open another can of worms.

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

You already have in your last two posts to me, but then self reflection isn't really your thing.  Self aggrandizement is.

Please explain how those two posts were disrespectful?  I would love to hear that.  And how self-aggrandizement is my thing?  And how you weren't trolling?  If you can do that, I will concede.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

3d514521572ec2d053453adb2e87a2b6ca4598d7

In all seriousness, if you were legitimately asking, feel free to PM me as I know my thoughts/suggestions may open another can of worms.

Well, abw, you passed the first interview with this answer, you show a lot of promise.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Please explain how those two posts were disrespectful?  I would love to hear that.  And how self-aggrandizement is my thing?  And how you weren't trolling?  If you can do that, I will concede.

Read them again, you are smart enough to to figure it out, but not smart enough to concede I'm sure.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:59 AM, The Freak said:

You're so much a more loyal fan than the rest of us.

Here is your first post.  No substance, only trolling me.  Notice I did not respond to this.  I let it go, along with everyone else's posts.

3 hours ago, The Freak said:

Also, the most loyal person on the ship!

Notice anything similar to the post above?  Exact same.  You posted twice so someone would acknowledge you.  The post was also responding to a joke between me an aujeff11, and you weren't involved.

3 hours ago, The Freak said:

Keeping track of my posts does not increase your loyalty points.

Continuing to troll here.

37 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Now you are starting to up your insults.  Don't know why other than the fact that that is all you know how to do.

25 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Read them again, you are smart enough to to figure it out, but not smart enough to concede I'm sure.

Now that I challenged you for proof of the above comment, you could not come up with valid reasons or show me where your points are valid.  All you could muster is this, upping your insult even more to attack my intelligence.  But apparently I am smart enough to show you how to argue a side of an argument with facts to support the thesis.  Boom goes the dynamite.

I admit I made a mistake in my comments a few weeks ago that you are attempting to troll at.  I publicly apologized to those involved (you weren't one, yet you seem like you still need to be involved I might add), and I deleted those comments as I was embarrassed to where those comments led.  That is all I can do, out of respect for everyone on this forum to publicly to humble myself in the process.  I don't really know what else you could possibly want, unless this is just the person you truly are.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

You already said that once on this thread.  Were you not happy someone did not acknowledge your first post, so you had to repeat yourself?

There's your first insult.  I start numbering them.  That's [1].

But it is easy to remember those who only post to troll others.

Name calling [2].

At least the others gave their side of the argument like aujeff11 of why they heavily disagreed with me, which I completely respect.

Red herring

No need to be that way my man.

"my man" is condescending [3].

Never done anything to disrespect you, and never will.

Not true as shown above and with more to follow below.  (3 and counting)

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Now you are starting to up your insults.  Don't know why other than the fact that that is all you know how to do.

It was really just my opinion, based on your posts.  Especially the one you are "embarrassed" about.  You did double down in this thread about your fandom too.  ("all you know how to do" - [4])

Now that I challenged you for proof of the above comment, you could not come up with valid reasons or show me where your points are valid.

I believe that lack of proof has now been rectified above with the pointed out name calling, condescension, etc.

All you could muster is this, upping your insult even more to attack my intelligence.  But apparently I am smart enough to show you how to argue a side of an argument with facts to support the thesis.  Boom goes the dynamite.

Here you explain how smart you are (with an inference of my lack of ability - condescending again [5]).  Goes with your claims of how successful your business is and how big a fan you are.  Hence the self aggrandizing comment from me.  Boom indeed.

I admit I made a mistake in my comments a few weeks ago that you are attempting to troll at.

Attempting? [6]

I publicly apologized to those involved (you weren't one, yet you seem like you still need to be involved I might add), and I deleted those comments as I was embarrassed to where those comments led.

I am not sure why you think your posts are directed at only one or a few people.  They're not.  Anyone who reads them is involved and will be as long as the post remains in place.  Anyone can join or leave the conversation at any time... sometimes years later.  I happened to read it shortly after you posted it.  I just can't help remembering really ridiculous posts and poking fun at them as opportunities present themselves.  I will admit I have overused a few in the past, the loyalty one is getting there too.  Especially since you made it into mutiquote responses.  Sheesh, take all the fun out of it.

That is all I can do, out of respect for everyone on this forum to publicly to humble myself in the process.  I don't really know what else you could possibly want, unless this is just the person you truly are.

Humble really isn't your thing and I don't want anything else from you.  Especially not another thread like this one.

... and .... "unless this is just the person you truly are" [7]

I was finally calmer until I heard Orgeron say in an interview today (uh right before he plays ole miss) that he never really wanted to be at ole miss. Now you say how does this relate to Auburn???? We let this total baffoon beat us...... I think Barfield could have beaten this moron.

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

There's your first insult.  I start numbering them.  That's [1].  

Name calling [2].

Red herring

"my man" is condescending [3].

Not true as shown above and with more to follow below.  (3 and counting)

It was really just my opinion, based on your posts.  Especially the one you are "embarrassed" about.  You did double down in this thread about your fandom too.  ("all you know how to do" - [4])

I believe that lack of proof has now been rectified above with the pointed out name calling, condescension, etc.

Here you explain how smart you are (with an inference of my lack of ability - condescending again [5]).  Goes with your claims of how successful your business is and how big a fan you are.  Hence the self aggrandizing comment from me.  Boom indeed.

Attempting? [6]

I am not sure why you think your posts are directed at only one or a few people.  They're not.  Anyone who reads them is involved and will be as long as the post remains in place.  Anyone can join or leave the conversation at any time... sometimes years later.  I happened to read it shortly after you posted it.  I just can't help remembering really ridiculous posts and poking fun at them as opportunities present themselves.  I will admit I have overused a few in the past, the loyalty one is getting there too.  Especially since you made it into mutiquote responses.  Sheesh, take all the fun out of it.

Humble really isn't your thing and I don't want anything else from you.  Especially not another thread like this one.

... and .... "unless this is just the person you truly are" [7]

Now we are getting somewhere. This is the first time you have made a post where you bring substance to the conversation.  

All of this was in reaction to your trolling of me (you admit you are doing), which I had every right to defend myself.  As an FYI, when I say "my man" that was not meant to be an insult or condescension.  For reference, I say "how's it going my man" a lot to people.

I actually never called you any names, just saying you were trolling people.

The smart comment was in reference to you not bringing facts to the table and insulting my intelligence which makes no sense.

You didn't seem like you were just "having fun" with those comments.  You were very direct with what you said with no indication otherwise.  It is also easy to understand why I would take it the way I did.  I have had homophobic slurs thrown at me in this thread, among other things so it is hard to tell who is serious and who is having fun.

Humble actually is a thing for me considering I am willing to admit mistakes and concede to others when their argument makes more sense.  I also have only mentioned my business twice, once being that argument and the other explaining how I use it for my charity.

However, I am more than happy to shake hands with you and walk away.  I never enjoy arguments with any Auburn fan since we are on the same team.  That is why I originally let your first comment go.  I do have a lot more respect for you with your detailed response to me explaining your side and I do see how my first response could have been taken the wrong way (no sarcasm).  If you wish to discuss further or want further clarification you can always PM me.

Archived