Tuberville Comments on LSU game

AUApostle

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Tuberville isn't going to throw a fellow coach under the bus unless he really has some personal dislike for him.

I agree. Plus, Gus was good to his son. 

But what he said is true, in the SEC you need either a good passing game or running QB to go with a good running game.

Tommy is right. I don't think he knows enough about Gus' stubborn tendencies to throw him under the bus, not that he'd do that as a professional either. But until proven otherwise nothing changes... We beat the bottomdwellers with pure talent and lose to the upper echelon due to inflexibility

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but when I saw the passing stats I understand why we lost the game.

This is why Tubby is no longer coach at AU or anywhere else. He never took losing a game he shouldn’t as a big deal. Thought he should have one or two mulligans per year.  2004 saved him or he would have been gone sooner. It was not his coaching that got us 2004, just the loads of talent in that group. 4 first rounders in that group.

People seem to forget what an average coach Tuberville was at Auburn.  Besides the 2004 season, his inconsistency with getting his team ready on game day was frustrating.  He would win against team he wasn’t supposed to, and follow it up by losing to a cupcake the next weekend.  The only difference between Gus and Tubs is that Gus can’t seem to win one game he is not supposed to.  Auburn was content with average with Tubs, they’re still content with average with Gus.  Some things never change.

Tuberville wasn’t glowing with praise last week over the offense though. I specifically remember him saying that because we had become such a big play offense, he was essentially worried that we would find lot of problems if we had to grind out drives once we met good defenses that could take the big play away. 

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Somebody should've pulled a Tuberville on Gus on the sideline

I was really young but I remember when he used to light into Roderick Hood all the time. 

42 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Tuberville wasn’t glowing with praise last week over the offense though. I specifically remember him saying that because we had become such a big play offense, he was essentially worried that we would find lot of problems if we had to grind out drives once we met good defenses that could take the big play away. 

Throughout Gus' time at Auburn, his offense has not fared particularly well against good defenses with someone other Cam Newton or Nick Marshall taking snaps.

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

That's the book on Gus in general. Take the big play away and force him to call more than 4 plays in a drive and he will eventually outsmart himself and do something brainless.

They should just say screw it and script the whole game and see what happens. :laugh: Can't possibly be worse .

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I watched the UGA game Saturday night and it was sad to see how they take advantage of the intermediary passing game.  So many quick slants and outs, post patterns over the middle and square ins.  I wish we would use the pass for 8-10 yards at the time versus throwing it 40 yards downfield every time.  

Archived