My face hurts

NorthGATiger

Man have we been punched in the face this year.

Softball coaches son sleeping with players. AD covers it up. Losing the best Softball coach we have had maybe ever.

Gus just doing Gus.  Total laughingstock and embarrassment to Auburn.

Accusations of Tudors taking tests for players.

Basketball garbage right before what looked like a promising season coming up.

Gus being Gus again.  Gus can not, has not, and will not beat any team or defense that has athletes.  He beats teams we are better than and some of those are hard fought wins.

Kyle Davis rumored to be off the team.

Will someone please set this trash pile on fire so we can burn it to the ground and start all over again.  This time let's please select people who are the best candidates for the jobs and quit looking at only Auburn people or people with a past that included Auburn.  This has been killing us since Pat Dye retired.  Hire Jay cause he's one of us.  Hire Chizik cause he was a D-Coordinator here.  Hire Gus cause he was a O-Coordinator here.  Hire Lindsey because he used to work for Gus here. All of the talk I have seen is that we have zeroed in on Uconns AD because wait for it..........he used to work here.  Maybe we should have been more selective in hiring a President with a backbone that won't allow this Nepotism to continue happening again and again and again.  Auburn will not have sustained success until people are in place that care more about the University and hiring the right people in lieu of  letting a select few dictate that we only hire people we are comfortable with being able to manipulate and control.  This whole disaster is just a huge mess that is embarrassing to be a part of.  For all of the great things that make Auburn what it is they are overshadowed by complete bafoons running this corporation.  This has to end and end quickly.  As others have stated, if we continue to let the same idiots make the same stupid decisions over and over again then we will continue to be the ESPN and national hit piece.  And we deserve every bit of it. 

I respect your opinion but no that is what people with a losers mentality do.  Auburn Athletics is a business.  Like it or not Auburn is not a school anymore.  There are no smart business people who wait until the end of the year to correct disastrous problems that kill the business.  Make the changes now and stop the trauma.  What are we waiting to see?  A possible upset against Ugag or bama?  Do we really want to wait and see if Gus can beat the easy teams on our schedule and finish 8-4?  Do we really need to wait so that other coaches can finish their seasons?  No.  Fire Jay right now; that is a no brainer and it is completely justified.  Send Gus with him.  Get an interim for both positions.  I am so tired of the mentality of just bending over and hoping someone will do the right thing when the season is over.  I'm sore.  I have been in the tying my shoes position for way too long.  Someone please help me straighten back up!

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

the tudor issue is not really one. It wasn't a player on the team.

But anyway back to our program

No but it was a former player who came back to get his degree and it happened under the watch of our great leaders.  The fact that it is not a current player does not make it better for me.  It's not like I can tell the world hey we cheat but only with former players.

4 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

It has been clearly stated that the subject was a Past player that returned to finish his degree. It doesn’t affect Auburn sports at all.

5 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

And also because Tudor line ended with Elizabeth I.

WDE!

19 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

WDE!

Yes it did.  Sorry for the grammar error.

19 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

But I do agree on all your other points. It is just folks outside tend to take cheap shots at our program. I will admit  presently they don’t really need to make up extra.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy it was not a current player but it is another shot to the face nonetheless.

39 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Agree. But it is "tutor".

wde

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

All we can do is be patient and wait  until December.  But I am right there with you.

And even then it's STILL not a sure thing. 

Wait for what? Lightening in a bottle? I am so used to 8-4 that I would celebrate 9-3. I fear waiting will get us 7-5 though. Let's take the loss and make the changes needed to get us excited and hopeful going forward.

I'm not sure why we have to wait to do anything with JJ.  Unless directed by the law firm. ???

Gus should be gone the day after the iron bowl.  RG to interim coach in whatever crappy bowl we get.  

Start piling up resumes for potential head coaches and find an AD before Jan 1.  Find a head coach before signing day.  

Find a business guy with no immediate emotional ties to the university as AD.  

I have absolutely no inside information but I don't think anything (any decision) will happen until after the season. 

I understand your frustration.  I am frustrated too but I don't see where Auburn has anything to gain by firing a coach mid-season (short of a criminal action or some sort of moral issue).  It likely would not change the final win-loss record and I think it would reflect negatively on the program reputation. 

Just my two cents.  I've been wrong before.......

7 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

WDE!

...you beat me to it. It's tutor people.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I'm not sure why we have to wait to do anything with JJ.  Unless directed by the law firm. ???

Gus should be gone the day after the iron bowl.  RG to interim coach in whatever crappy bowl we get.  

Start piling up resumes for potential head coaches and find an AD before Jan 1.  Find a head coach before signing day.  

Find a business guy with no immediate emotional ties to the university as AD.  

Totally agree. They have already told JJ he is gone so they probably have already started the search for his replacement. Should be doable by Dec 1. Then  I agree,  fire Gus make Steele interim RG to DC. For the bowl. Coachingsearch  starts with new AD Dec 1 hire by Jan after bowl.

I don't mind if they let him coach the rest of the year as long as it's understood among those who will be making a coaching change that Gus will not be the coach here next year.

LSU fired Miles preemptively but they ended up with Orgeron. So them getting a jump on a coaching search yielded them literally nothing. I'm more concerned with Gus somehow winning himself off of the hot seat (LOL so unrealistic but there's a chance -- Lloyd Christmas style) because I don't care how much that saves recruiting it's clear Gus has hit his plateau. I'm not even worried about him doing well at another school with all his lessons learned here. He will want to call plays and he's a has-been in that department. Maybe he updates his O at his new school but he obviously doesn't think he needs to do that here after it's been crystal clear that he needs to do that to survive at AU.

Archived