2017-2018 NHL Hockey Thread

wareagleguy

I started one of these last year and thought I'd give it a go again this year. 

Long time Penguins fan here (generally a fan of professional Pittsburgh team sports). 

But, I also like the Bruins (lived outside Boston for a short time) and I enjoy the Preds style of play, plus they are a more local team.

But, I pull for the Penguins first and foremost and above all others.

Interested to see who else are hockey fans and "who you got"?!

I think I’m one of the few that responded last year. I like: Flyers, Wings, and Bruins. I wouldn’t mind checking out a Preds game because they’re fairly close to home. 

9 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I think I’m one of the few that responded last year. I like: Flyers, Wings, and Bruins. I wouldn’t mind checking out a Preds game because they’re fairly close to home. 

Yeah, I'm thinking about going up to Nashville to catch one of their games. I wanted to go watch the the Pens play them, but it's the day of the UGA game, so not sure what I'll do.

1 hour ago, wareagleguy said:

Yeah, I'm thinking about going up to Nashville to catch one of their games. I wanted to go watch the the Pens play them, but it's the day of the UGA game, so not sure what I'll do.

After this past week I’d DVR AUburn and go the hockey game. 

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

After this past week I’d DVR AUburn and go the hockey game. 

Trust me, I have entertained the thought more than once since Saturday! 

• 7 months later...

Stanley Cup finals start tonight between 2 teams that have never won it.  One team in Vegas is in their inaugural season.  Should be a good series.  Tonight on NBC. Not much better than Finals Hockey. 

On 5/28/2018 at 10:24 AM, AUBwins said:

Stanley Cup finals start tonight between 2 teams that have never won it.  One team in Vegas is in their inaugural season.  Should be a good series.  Tonight on NBC. Not much better than Finals Hockey. 

Very true. I'm pulling for Vegas to win it. As a Pens fan, I still appreciate all MAF did for us on net and I just can't bring myself to root for the Caps! Though I won't be devastated if they win. 

On 6/4/2018 at 6:01 AM, wareagleguy said:

Very true. I'm pulling for Vegas to win it. As a Pens fan, I still appreciate all MAF did for us on net and I just can't bring myself to root for the Caps! Though I won't be devastated if they win. 

same here

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

same here

Not looking too good at the moment! The Great 8 may finally get his Cup. 

3 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Not looking too good at the moment! The Great 8 may finally get his Cup. 

I know but still would be great for Vegas to win...................oh well

Vegas back home may give them the mojo to get back on the winning track. I hope they can get this series to go 7. That would be must see TV. 

Congrats to the Caps, 43 years is a long time to wait, but now they have won the Cup. 

They answered every time.  They earned that cup.  OVECHKIN was ridiculous in game 5. That goal was slick. Really exciting game after a scoreless tie into the 2nd. Then 4 goals in the 2nd, 3 in 10 live mins, probably like 5 game mins. 

Crazy timing for the game clock to freeze in the last 2 mins.  I think Vegas got more time then they should have.  It would only have been a better match-up if it went 7

I really hate that the capitals won the cup.  I can't stand ovechkin and honestly think he's one of the most overrated players in the league.   Sure he can score, but that's all he does.  He's extremely lazy if he doesn't have the puck on his stick.  Might as well play with 4 on the ice if the opponent has the puck, because Ovechkin isn't going to do anything defensively to help anybody.      The only bright spot to the Capitals winning the cup (if there is one) is that the Penguins and cry baby Crosby didn't.  

8 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I really hate that the capitals won the cup.  I can't stand ovechkin and honestly think he's one of the most overrated players in the league.   Sure he can score, but that's all he does.  He's extremely lazy if he doesn't have the puck on his stick.  Might as well play with 4 on the ice if the opponent has the puck, because Ovechkin isn't going to do anything defensively to help anybody.      The only bright spot to the Capitals winning the cup (if there is one) is that the Penguins and cry baby Crosby didn't.  

:-\ sorry WT Pens are my second favorite team but oh well. Go Devils

Look for the photo or video of Ovechkin skating with the Stanley Cup.  There is a very attractive young lady wearing a white dress on the front row flashing her boobs.  I would post it but that is against the rules.  

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Look for the photo or video of Ovechkin skating with the Stanley Cup.  There is a very attractive young lady wearing a white dress on the front row flashing her boobs.  I would post it but that is against the rules.  

Wouldn't hurt my feeling if you PM me.......hint hint hint

Ovechkin played at a high level, I have to give him that. He's never been known for his defensive prowess, but, this year he put more work in. I think the challenge he got at the beginning of the year motivated him. Most thought the Caps would take a step back this year and some were pointing to Ovechkin's age. 

Again, as a Pens fan, I was pulling for Vegas, but they just ran out of magic. 

• 3 months later...

Tonight is the opening of the NHL season. Caps are blowing the doors off the Bruins, Rask looks bad in the 2nd period.

FYI, a Huntsville native, Nic Dowd, now plays for the Caps. You don’t see many guys from Alabama playing in the NHL. Kudos to him.

Archived