McClain

NorthGATiger

Does anyone have any info on McClain?  Is he in the doghouse, is he missing?  I saw his picture on a milk carton today.  How does a kid with his measurables not see the field?  There is not a LB on any team that can match up with him in the slot or at TE.  I think both he and NCM have a picture of D. Craig pasted to there dart board. 

Dude is 6'-2" 230 pounds and runs like a damn deer.  I would play him at WR even if he lost both arms

4 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Does anyone have any info on McClain?  Is he in the doghouse, is he missing?  I saw his picture on a milk carton today.  How does a kid with his measurables not see the field?  There is not a LB on any team that can match up with him in the slot or at TE.  I think both he and NCM have a picture of D. Craig pasted to there dart board. 

He's playing a lot on special teams.  However our special teams are horrible.  

In my opinion we have never (under Gus) played, used, given touches, etc. to many guys who deserved to play or at least given a chance.  Many have transferred out.  There will be a few more transfers after this season unless something happens at the top. 

29 minutes ago, around4ever said:

In my opinion we have never (under Gus) played, used, given touches, etc. to many guys who deserved to play or at least given a chance.  Many have transferred out.  There will be a few more transfers after this season unless something happens at the top. 

Yep!  The lack of imagination on offense leaves these kids nowhere to play under Gus.  That is why they leave.  Ugag plays Sony and Chubb but still finds ways to get Swift tons of carries every week.  We run the healthiest horse into the ground while the others just watch.  All the workouts, all the practices, all the demands that are placed on a football player both mentally and physically and they just get to watch as we grind the hell out of 1 back per game.  Isn't it amazing how all of these other programs have freshman and sophomores who can block and play but we can't get them on the field because the other team has bigger players.  Stanton Truitt must of had hands of stone because he couldn't even see the field returning kicks.  Instead we have the same RB we grind the hell out of back there.  The one player I won't blame this staff for leaving is Roc Thomas.  He has not blown it up where is he now.  Our lack of playing time for our best recruits under Gus is and will be used against us in recruiting and it should.  It would be sooooooooooooooo easy to convince any WR not to come here.  Why would any great HS QB or WR ever come to play for Gus?  He has proven over and over again that he retards their development.  If you play those positions and want to go pro then Gus is a career killer.  They run more sophisticated stuff in HS.  Ugag has Sony, Chubb, Holyfield, and Swift and they have Zamir White and probably Cook coming in.  That is pretty amazing.  The #1 QB coming in with a freshman 5* and a Sophomore 5* ahead of him.  The beatings will continue unfortunately. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

McClain is the seam, slant and up the middle type of receiver.   So that should answer your question.

No doubt.  That says it all right there.  Son you are playing the I receiver.  Do what coach.  The I receiver.  I've never heard of that coach.  Son the I receiver runs seams, slants and exploits the middle of the field.  Got it coach.  Why do they call it the I receiver.  Well son the I stands for imaginary.

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

Why do they call it the I receiver.  Well son the I stands for imaginary.

Gus "because 'I' never use them!"

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

It boggles the mind. Not one pass to him. Not one. Some games, nothing towards NCM either. 

Gus Malzahn is an indian word for Mule.

14 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Gus Malzahn is an indian word for Mule.

I thought it was the direct translation in German

16 hours ago, around4ever said:

I agree.  I've lost count of the number of times that a relatively new player has a good game and Gus makes a statement saying that "we need to to get him more involved.", only for said player to fade into obscurity to never be heard from until a transfer is announced. 

Makes me want to jump off a bridge!

15 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

It boggles the mind. Not one pass to him. Not one. Some games, nothing towards NCM either. 

I'd have to think Chip Lindsey plays a large part in this as well. 

Archived