What is worse: 2012 or wasting talent

GwillMac6

I personally think it is always way way more painful when you see how much ridiculously talent we are and yet we are headed towards ANOTHER 7-5 or 8-4 regular season under gus. 14 was honestly one of the best offenses ever assembled at AU (albeit combined with arguably the worst defense ever) and we went 8-5. This year is even worse. We are absolutely top to bottom on BOTH sides of the ball loaded with imo the most complete roster since 04 and yet Malzahns coaching is bringing us back to the pack and we are in store for another mediocre season. At least in 2012 I know we were just terrible across the board. We just did not have the talent and I knew in any sec game we just did not have a chance. It is way more frustrating to continue in the gus era to lose to less talented or  equal talented teams than us and continue to GIVE GAMES AWAY simply on coaching. 2015 and 2016 Georgia games will haunt me for years where there was absolutely NO WAY we should of lost those games but gus is going to gus.

Wasting talent, and its not even close.  The unfortunate reality is we're having to compete with UGA, UA, UF, LSU in recuriting and that's hard to do. They have home-grown talent, and a more prominent national brand. We're getting much better, but we have to win to sustain it. So yes, this is so much worse because we're loaded with players and everyone sees the giant elephant in the room which is an inept HC.

Wasting talent.  Why would talent want to keep coming to a program that does not like to overachieve? 

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Wasting talent.  Why would talent want to keep coming to a program that does not like to overachieve? 

Heck, under Gus our program is not even simply achieving.  If Gus could have this talent to simply achieve we would likely be undefeated right now.  Overachieving are what coaches like Saban, Dabo and Meyer do consistently.

wde

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I personally think it is always way way more painful when you see how much ridiculously talent we are and yet we are headed towards ANOTHER 7-5 or 8-4 regular season under gus. 14 was honestly one of the best offenses ever assembled at AU (albeit combined with arguably the worst defense ever) and we went 8-5. This year is even worse. We are absolutely top to bottom on BOTH sides of the ball loaded with imo the most complete roster since 04 and yet Malzahns coaching is bringing us back to the pack and we are in store for another mediocre season. At least in 2012 I know we were just terrible across the board. We just did not have the talent and I knew in any sec game we just did not have a chance. It is way more frustrating to continue in the gus era to lose to less talented or  equal talented teams than us and continue to GIVE GAMES AWAY simply on coaching. 2015 and 2016 Georgia games will haunt me for years where there was absolutely NO WAY we should of lost those games but gus is going to gus.

Exactly. We knew 2012 was going to be a mess, and the season went deservedly so. 

2014 and 2017–the potential of this team was sky high, and it’s totally uncalled for our players and fans. 

The lack of accountability is extremely infuriating.

I will say 2012 only because Chizik completely lost the team that year. No one had anyone's back and the team was imploding from within. That might happen this year, but as long as they players keep giving 100%, I will stick with 2012 being the worst season. 

Wasting talent is by far the worst. Like I said in another thread, Bear Bryant said he could take your team and beat his. I fully believe Gus could take Bama's team and lose to his own. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Wasting talent is by far the worst. Like I said in another thread, Bear Bryant said he could take your team and beat his. I fully believe Gus could take Bama's team and lose to his own. 

Heck, if Saban, Dabo or even Kirby were coaching this team, we would be undefeated.

wde

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I will say 2012 only because Chizik completely lost the team that year. No one had anyone's back and the team was imploding from within. That might happen this year, but as long as they players keep giving 100%, I will stick with 2012 being the worst season. 

Don’t speak too soon, I can see this repeating itself given the way this situation is unfolding. Gus is already shutting down the media to the assistant coaches and I can see by the players like KJ coming back today trying to retract what he said yesterday that players may soon be off limits also. I can see this getting ugly quick if we lose at Arky this week.

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Heck, if Saban, Dabo or even Kirby were coaching this team, we would be undefeated.

wde

Exactly. Some people try to knock on saban and say he’s not a great coach, he just out-talents everyone else. Even though it’s not true, I’d take a big cup of that right now.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Exactly. Some people try to knock on saban and say he’s not a great coach, he just out-talents everyone else. Even though it’s not true, I’d take a big cup of that right now.

Absolutely! You give Gus all the teams that Saban has had on his run and he STILL will manage to lose 2 or 3 each season.

10 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Syracuse says WASSSUPPPPP!!!! 

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Don’t speak too soon, I can see this repeating itself given the way this situation is unfolding. Gus is already shutting down the media to the assistant coaches and I can see by the players like KJ coming back today trying to retract what he said yesterday that players may soon be off limits also. I can see this getting ugly quick if we lose at Arky this week.

Agree. I could definitely see that happening. I REALLY hope Gus shows more spirit and enthusiasm/anger with the players than he does with the media. 

This is worse. I was talking about this exact issue with some of my friends today. In 2012 I had accepted it and lowered my expectations.. This is just infuriating to see all this talent be wasted. Our offense could explode with some coherent play calling. 

12 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Of course, Dabo has lost only 10 games in six years and in the last two years played for a national championship and won a national championship, so they may extend a little grace towards him for this loss! :big:

Remember 2010 was a big senior and junior class. We had a lot of young inexperienced kids playing in 2012. Today we have almost as many veteran players as we did in 2010 that was why a lot of pundits thought we would make a run.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember 2010 was a big senior and junior class. We had a lot of young inexperienced kids playing in 2012. Today we have almost as many veteran players as we did in 2010 that was why a lot of pundits thought we would make a run.

Which is a good reason to cut him loose now. We surely cannot do worse. Bring Borges into the mix and finish out the year with the coordinators.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep, if I recall this was suppose to be the “no excuses” year.

• WarTiger changed the title to What is worse: 2012 or wasting talent
9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Of course, Dabo has lost only 10 games in six years and in the last two years played for a national championship and won a national championship, so they may extend a little grace towards him for this loss! :big:

Someone just trying to be a clown. If Gus had a record anywhere near what Dabo has had the last couple of years then nobody would be doubting him. Problem is that Gus does this all the time.

Wasting talent . If Gus wants to suck that is his choice but he is ruining the future chances of some of these young men

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Someone just trying to be a clown. If Gus had a record anywhere near what Dabo has had the last couple of years then nobody would be doubting him. Problem is that Gus does this all the time.

I know, I was just piggybacking onto what you said to further accentuate how far apart we are from what Clemson’s got going.

45 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Again, every coach has a hiccup. You are missing the point wassssupp.

wde

Archived