The silence is deafening.

War to the Eagle

After Saturday it seems like recruiting talk is on hold. All the assets are frozen, nobody's shopping for groceries (as Bill King would say), no one knows what to do or say. The AD is a potential mess, and Gus and everyone else's jobs seem to be in limbo.

Translation: the silence is deafening. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of this past weekend, I believe that remaining prospects are going elsewhere. We will be lucky to attract any big time players without changes at the top. We may even lose a few of the ones we already have on board. We will probably finish out by adding low three star or two star players (not that they can't be potentially good players for us). However that would require a better head coach.

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

After Saturday it seems like recruiting talk is on hold. All the assets are frozen, nobody's shopping for groceries (as Bill King would say), no one knows what to do or say. The AD is a potential mess, and Gus and everyone else's jobs seem to be in limbo.

Translation: the silence is deafening. 

We picked up a big one Saturday morning. (Coynis Miller) That's not long enough ago for the silence to get deafening.

Dont you understand the vast majority of people who post on here dont care they just want someone fired and they dont care when or how or why or even who the replacement will be. They dont believe anyone could possibly want to come to Auburn as a recruit since they are protesting their own university. It is very sad indeed.

On 10/16/2017 at 9:38 PM, BJCrawford said:

Does anyone remember what recruiting was after 2012 season? I don’t think we’ve ever dropped to settling for 2 stars that I remember.

Trooper was retained through the coaching transition to help hold on to most of the class.

Recruiting is going to be touch and go this season. Things are just too unstable now with the program. Gus could shock the world and finish strong and things continue to chug along. Or he'll flame out and everything is up for grabs. Or he'll do like he has done every year he has been coach here except for one and do just enough to eek out another year and we'll be having the same conversation next year when things are touch and go.

His was on the hot seat and negative recruiting was rampant and look at the 2016 class rankings! Don’t see this year down but maybe a few spots—12-14th

On 10/18/2017 at 6:32 AM, AUDevil said:

Trooper was retained through the coaching transition to help hold on to most of the class.

Yep, he was workin' the phones like a mad man.

On 10/18/2017 at 8:40 AM, augolf1716 said:

Lots of negative cruitin going on but..................

damn, been a long time since i heard that....brings back some memories....kinda' lets me know my days are growing short,too

12 hours ago, doverstutts said:

damn, been a long time since i heard that....brings back some memories....kinda' lets me know my days are growing short,too

Nobody has a bigger musical vault that Golf. He still has a tape of the Bedrock Rockers performing live.;)

I think it is time for everyone to remove head(A) from butt (B) and let's get back on the recruiting trail. 

we are Auburn, this is not the first time in our lives that we will be disappointed and needless to say it will not be the last, but this is life it is going to happen.

But beating up the coaches at the expense of recruits (for the next 4 years) is not wise. we still have shots at a few great athletes and we need everyone pulling the rope in the same direction. 

Gus will be our coach next year unless he quits, because Arkansas, TN and Ole Miss are looking for coaches and to add another would be an insane move from a pure numbers standpoint, Unless some great coach announces " I want to come to Auburn" (not likely). 

The first move this year should be to terminate Jacobs, too many bad vibes to mention. 

Second - get Gus the assistants back on the trail of recruiting. If anyone speaks to Gus tell him to get his head out of his butt and let Chip call the plays. Chip remove your head and open this offense up, have checkdowns when you have deep passes, do be an idiot. Give Stidham somewhere easy to throw the ball on every play, we had this in high school 35 years ago, not rocket science. 

Third  - Beat TA&M and GA, and Ala A&M. 

Fourth- No more negative nancy's - get positive, stay positive and prepare for the unexpected as it will come!!!!!!!!!!!!

War DAMN Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                     Roos 78

PS - Two years ago I spent 92 days in hospital and almost died 5 times, I hope the Good Lord did not leave me here to see the whining and B****** of my fellow alumni. It took a lot of hard work just to live, it took a positive attitude, playing through pain and no negative thoughts, even when Dr's were willing to give up. One said I could kill you if I do this procedure, but I told himyou can also save my life if you do it right. Well with the help of the Good Lord he did it perfectly and so far I am still here. 

My point is everything is not going to work, but a positive attitude and desire to be better than you are will take you a long way down life's road. NOW GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Roos said:

I think it is time for everyone to remove head(A) from butt (B) and let's get back on the recruiting trail. 

we are Auburn, this is not the first time in our lives that we will be disappointed and needless to say it will not be the last, but this is life it is going to happen.

But beating up the coaches at the expense of recruits (for the next 4 years) is not wise. we still have shots at a few great athletes and we need everyone pulling the rope in the same direction. 

Gus will be our coach next year unless he quits, because Arkansas, TN and Ole Miss are looking for coaches and to add another would be an insane move from a pure numbers standpoint, Unless some great coach announces " I want to come to Auburn" (not likely). 

The first move this year should be to terminate Jacobs, too many bad vibes to mention. 

Second - get Gus the assistants back on the trail of recruiting. If anyone speaks to Gus tell him to get his head out of his butt and let Chip call the plays. Chip remove your head and open this offense up, have checkdowns when you have deep passes, do be an idiot. Give Stidham somewhere easy to throw the ball on every play, we had this in high school 35 years ago, not rocket science. 

Fourth- No more negative nancy's - get positive, stay positive and prepare for the unexpected as it will come!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - Two years ago I spent 92 days in hospital and almost died 5 times, I hope the Good Lord did not leave me here to see the whining and B****** of my fellow alumni. It took a lot of hard work just to live, it took a positive attitude, playing through pain and no negative thoughts, even when Dr's were willing to give up. One said I could kill you if I do this procedure, but I told himyou can also save my life if you do it right. Well with the help of the Good Lord he did it perfectly and so far I am still here. 

My point is everything is not going to work, but a positive attitude and desire to be better than you are will take you a long way down life's road. NOW GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot the meds today?

Yeah I did but I have seen all the complaining I need, 

Time to move on......................oops medicine time

We will be fine and will have our usual top 15 class. This is Auburn and not MSU, OM, KY, Arky, Mizzou, Vandy, USC.  We will have likely 9-12 4-star players mixed in with 7-10 3-Stars, and a few 2-Star players. We might get 1 or 2 5-Star players regardless of the coaching staff.

No, I am withholding any sunshine pumping till the end of the season. If we win out then yes, I will pump my fair share of sunshine. Winning at least the TAMU and bammer will be darn near close enough. TAMU & Uga wins with a loss to the turds in a close one will likely get Gus back another year to see what he can do.  I give him going to Arky about a 10-15% chance. Arky will likely go after someone like Matt Campbell or maybe Dino Babers.

I am not in any way happy at the moment with Gus or JJ. I hope a year from now we all will be in a happy mood watching our tigers do what they should be doing like being 8-0 or 7-1.

It’s also coming up on the end of their high school seasons. Some of them are worried about playoffs and finishing up the season. Recruiting slows down for us around this time usually. 

On 10/24/2017 at 9:01 PM, Roos said:

Zero sarcasm: This might be the best post of all time. War Eagle.

On 10/24/2017 at 8:01 PM, Roos said:

NONE of those jobs are better than Auburn. not even close. We will get who we want out of the sec jobs open before any of those schools.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

NONE of those jobs are better than Auburn. not even close. We will get who we want out of the sec jobs open before any of those schools.

Unless we wait too long to start  interviewing....hence the JJ transition.  

I really believe (if we replace Gus), we will make a splash with a few recruits on the fence.  If not, another year of Gus being on the hot seat and our rivals out-recruiting us.    The fence sitters will go elsewhere.   

I hope I am wrong.  I would choose Auburn, but I am biased I think.  Yeah, probably.  

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Unless we wait too long to start  interviewing....hence the JJ transition.  

I really believe (if we replace Gus), we will make a splash with a few recruits on the fence.  If not, another year of Gus being on the hot seat and our rivals out-recruiting us.    The fence sitters will go elsewhere.   

I hope I am wrong.  I would choose Auburn, but I am biased I think.  Yeah, probably.  

THE WORST thing we can do is keep Gus just because a new AD is not in place. If he has to go then so be it. Nothing worse than a lame duck coach. If he goes 0 for 8 the last 4 years vs georgia and bama which is what losses to them this november will do he should be fired the next day. 

Archived