The silence is deafening.

War to the Eagle

Do we have any RBs on the docket in this class? If GA is indeed going to have two 5* RBs committed not to mention JF, this pretty much confirms that we need a flashy (actual) offensive mind for HC. Frost is easily tops in that category, though even Kiffin could creep up IF FAU keeps winning.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Do we have any RBs on the docket in this class? If GA is indeed going to have two 5* RBs committed not to mention JF, this pretty much confirms that we need a flashy (actual) offensive mind for HC. Frost is easily tops in that category, though even Kiffin could creep up IF FAU keeps winning.

Whoever we get needs to be a dynamic personality and/or recruiter. Our 2 biggest rivals have that. If it is a defensive guy or offensive guy he needs to be able to win his fair share of head to head battles for the elite guys with bama and georgia. This is what I was most worried about with kirby. He has always been a great recruiter. And it is not like some of sabans assistants that were viewed as great recruiters just because they had bama on their shirt. Kirby would recruit great at a lot of places.

^I could be happy with Venables too.

It’s crazy that our recruiting class on 247 is currently ranked higher than UAT’s. Who knows how long that lasts.

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Do we have any RBs on the docket in this class?

We have two good RB prospects already committed. That info is available here in this forum.

And both of them are guys we really wanted. It's not like we settled or anything. Shivers and Martin are having HUGE senior seasons.

19 hours ago, AUwent said:

Did you actually look at all in the forum before going off on a rant?  We have 2 very good RBs committed.  They are the 2 RBs that we wanted and EVERYONE should be thrilled to have both.

19 hours ago, AUwent said:

^I could be happy with Venables too.

It’s crazy that our recruiting class on 247 is currently ranked higher than UAT’s. Who knows how long that lasts.

Can tell you 100% that Venables will not be the head coach at AU. His closet if full of skeletons. 

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can tell you 100% that Venables will not be the head coach at AU. His closet if full of skeletons. 

Don't leave us hanging like this, sir! Divulge these skeletons!

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ok. Who do YOU want.

On 10/27/2017 at 1:50 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

explain my dear friend!!!

On 10/27/2017 at 1:50 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Other than looking psychotic on the sidelines during the games what are the skeletons?  That man goes nuts on the sideline.  Is he mentally stable enough to be a head coach is the question.  I wanted him at first until I saw him out of his mind. 

43 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Other than looking psychotic on the sidelines during the games what are the skeletons?  That man goes nuts on the sideline.  Is he mentally stable enough to be a head coach is the question.  I wanted him at first until I saw him out of his mind. 

I have wanted him at AU since Roof was forced on Chiz

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I have wanted him at AU since Roof was forced on Chiz

That was for sure a debacle.  As I have stated earlier I want a defensive minded head coach.  That way he will leave the offense alone.  Plus I like their demeanor better.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:52 PM, NorthGATiger said:

That was for sure a debacle.  As I have stated earlier I want a defensive minded head coach.  That way he will leave the offense alone.  Plus I like their demeanor better.

I think i am in your camp now, after wanting an offensive-minded coach before. Agree with their demeanor, not Muschamp though; not convinced he knows what he's doing running a big time program.

On 10/27/2017 at 12:10 PM, lkeel75 said:

Did you actually look at all in the forum before going off on a rant?  We have 2 very good RBs committed.  They are the 2 RBs that we wanted and EVERYONE should be thrilled to have both.

Shivers is having a monster season, but I question that someone his size can come in and dominate the SEC. 

And there are some other RBs that EVERYONE wanted who are not 5'5/5'7-160/175. Dude is small. He may wind up being our best RB ever at Auburn, but the odds of that are as tiny as Shivers. 

Asa is an absolute STUD who has RB1 in his blood. Shivers, while he has the heart and talent, is not built to be a dominating RB in the SEC. He just isn't. That isn't a knock on him. He puts in the work and gets everything he can out of his body, but his frame is lacking. It isn't built to withstand the beating a RB1 will undergo in the SEC. 

has he gone against an SEC opponent for you to even say that about him?  no. did not think so!!  time will tell...the story..but,,  we do need to use our #2 Qb more or am I just alone in saying this obvious fact!!!!

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Shivers is having a monster season, but I question that someone his size can come in and dominate the SEC. 

And there are some other RBs that EVERYONE wanted who are not 5'5/5'7-160/175. Dude is small. He may wind up being our best RB ever at Auburn, but the odds of that are as tiny as Shivers. 

Asa is an absolute STUD who has RB1 in his blood. Shivers, while he has the heart and talent, is not built to be a dominating RB in the SEC. He just isn't. That isn't a knock on him. He puts in the work and gets everything he can out of his body, but his frame is lacking. It isn't built to withstand the beating a RB1 will undergo in the SEC. 

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Back in August, Shivers measured at 5' 7" and 185 lbs. He is far, far from tiny. You're underestimating his size and strength. 185 at 5'7" is more able to take a pounding than, say, K. Johnson at 6' 1, 210.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Back in August, Shivers measured at 5' 7" and 185 lbs. He is far, far from tiny. You're underestimating his size and strength. 185 at 5'7" is more able to take a pounding than, say, K. Johnson at 6' 1, 210.

For better or worse he sounds like about the same size as KMart.  Kinda small for a running back these days but we see guys like that here and there who do well.  Plus, he's got time to bulk up if needed but as noted, if he is indeed 185 at that height, he's likely pretty solid. 

It's all about density.   D=M/V   Without knowing his exact volume, I estimate his density to be within 5% of K Johnson's.  

Little Train was 5'6" 171 the interwebs are saying.  Shivers definitely has more size that L James did.

I think Shivers will become special at Auburn.  

When he hits a college weight program, Shivers is going to pack on 10 pounds or so. A guy that is slightly shorter than me at 190-200 pounds is really thick. I️ have no clue what he or Martin will develop into, but size won’t be the thing that prevents him from playing. Heck, as a high school senior, he’s almost as big as Darren Sproles (5’6”, 190 lbs.). The rule is that you want a bigger guy, but there are exceptions to every rule. 

On 11/7/2017 at 8:05 AM, Mikey said:

Same person you're responding to said that Will Hastings doesn't have separation speed. Of course, he's hardly alone among Auburn fans for making wildly inaccurate assessments based on perceived physical inadequacies. If a guy doesn't look like Bo, Cam or Sammie, he's too small, slow and weak. 

Anxious for Worm to get here and embarrass some folks. Very glad- and not surprised- that he and his family are still enthusiastic.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:14 AM, AU64 said:

For better or worse he sounds like about the same size as KMart.  Kinda small for a running back these days but we see guys like that here and there who do well.  Plus, he's got time to bulk up if needed but as noted, if he is indeed 185 at that height, he's likely pretty solid. 

He's not at all the same size or the same build as KMart.

Archived