NBA Thread

aujeff11

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You think he was getting one before LeBron came back to the Cavs?

You think he was going to willingly stay in the Cleveland ****hole if the team would continue to draft eventual busts?

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK how you look at that article and think that was positive for Kyrie.

It’s not a positive for either player, and for the organization. Kyrie comes off as an alpha that never got his due. Lebron comes off as a players that cannot get his ass kissed enough, and that resulted in an early split of their super team. The organization comes off    as if Lebron’s friends are running the organization. 

I kinda feel for Lebron’s teammates at times though. When it’s all Lebron in the media, the players never get the credit that is due, and when Lebron is always controlling the ball movement, reserve players never develop rhythms, and can never trust not being yanked out too quickly. 

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Look 2 of his so called "work wives" as Savannah Brinson James calls them said all of that.

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. Really doesn’t make sense. 

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wait so you are saying you want Kyrie to not be a alpha and be a beta?

Lebron and Dwade were both alphas before Lebron went to South Beach and coexisted fine. Mutual understandings were made (I can imagine) that included more than “stop with the brand and trust Lebron.” 

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kd, Steph and Klay all work because they do not have that kyrie or kobe or mj mentality. They are betas.

They have won 3/4 championships and account for 3 MVPS, 2 Finals MVPS, and 5 scoring titles. Draymond isn’t a beta and he was the first to make the call to recruit KD. Your argument....that dog doesn’t hunt. 

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought you gravitated towards guys like Kyrie, Kobe and Mj?

I love me some Kobe and MJ. I’m certainly not a player-fan though. Those are the worst. 

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I love me some Kobe and MJ. I’m certainly not a player-fan though. Those are the worst. 

Ok you good now? Can we be done now? I let this go on way to long this time lol.  It never should of been drawn out like this.  You got your fix of arguing you frickin addict? Is that is enough to hold you over till the next time you feel a arguing spell coming over you?! JUST FYI. I hate arguing. I am not about that life. I just love bro-ing down with muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boys @McLoofus and @Tiger and having fun goofing off. So could you maybe find someone ELSE to torture?! I love watching people bicker not being involved in it. OK THANKS! that would be greaaaaaaaaaat! hahaha. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! as devin says WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

os.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

Proof that Wade was the alpha of alphas before Lebron. Enjoy 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Proof that Wade was the alpha of alphas before Lebron. Enjoy 

AWESOME!!!!! I always am willing to find any excuse to watch more Marquis Daniels highlights. LETS GO BABY!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN number 6!!!

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You got your fix of arguing you frickin addict? Is that is enough to hold you over till the next time you feel a arguing spell coming over you?!

I can say that I won’t ever turn down a good discussion. 

So could you maybe find someone ELSE to torture?

Hey, it’s a two way street. If you don’t want to dance with the devil at the witching hour, don’t. I’m not interested in tbe gifaholic  posting style and fandoms that read like it’s coming from 12 year old fanatics with braces and pimples on their face, but I read you loud and clear. Say no more. 

JUST FYI. I hate arguing. I am not about that life. I just love bro-ing down with muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boys

You make arguments way more taboo than what they are. Arguments are premises | conclusions. Nothing more. 

Edited by aujeff11

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I can say that I won’t ever turn down a good discussion. You 

Hey, it’s a two way street. If you don’t want to dance with the devil at the witching hour, don’t. I’m not interested in tbe gifaholic  posting style and fandoms that reads like it’s coming from a 12 year old fanatics with braces and pimples on their facf, but I read you loud and clear. Say no more. 

You make arguments way more taboo than what they are. Arguments are premises | conclusions. Nothing more. 

lol a good discussion?! with muhhhhhhhhhhh? That is not going to happen! There is literally EVERY. OTHER. PERSON. in here who fits that profile better than me. I know you want to take those lawyer skills that you have in your tool bag out for a better test run than going back and forth with me?! Step up to the big time! I am just the j.v. man! I am just here to get my gif on and make it sound like it is coming from a 12 year old fanatic with braces and pimples! haha. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol a good discussion?! with muhhhhhhhhhhh? That is not going to happen! There is literally EVERY. OTHER. PERSON. in here who fits that profile better than me.

This discussion is in tbe sparsely populated NBA thread in the NBA offseason at midnight.  I think you’re being little dramatic.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am just here to get my gif on and make it sound like it is coming from a 12 year old fanatic with braces and pimples! haha.

Yes you are. And it’s working.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AWESOME!!!!! I always am willing to find any excuse to watch more Marquis Daniels highlights. LETS GO BABY!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN number 6!!!

Daniels was in maybe 10 seconds of that six minute highlight video. But that is the thing about rooting for Marquis Daniels. It was exhausting not only waiting for him to play, but waiting for him to be a factor offensively. Royally sucked. 

• Sad 1

This discussion is in tbe sparsely populated NBA thread in the NBA offseason at midnight.  I think you’re being little dramatic.

Yes you are. And it’s working.

I AM ALWAYS dramatic! low key? WHATISTHAT???????????! lol

nap.gif

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I AM ALWAYS dramatic! low key? WHATISTHAT???????????! lol

nap.gif

You are certainly always dramatic. What is the cheerleader movie that came out about a decade ago with the “spirit fingers?” No offense( and I mean this,) but that’s exactly what you remind me of. Why didn’t you join the Texas A&M yell squad? You would’ve been tbe GOAT ?

Edited by aujeff11
  • Thanks 1

You are certainly always dramatic. What is rbe cheerleader movie that came out about a decade ago with the “spirit fingers?” No offense, but that’s exactly what you remind me of. Why didn’t you join Texas A&Myell squad? You would’ve been tbe GOAT ?

Did you want a gif? I think you are crying out for a gif! That is what I took from this exchange! Well the heart wants what the heart wants. Who for me is it to stand in the way. HERE YA GO!!!! 

we.gif

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Did you want a gif? I think you are crying out for a gif! That is what I took from this exchange! Well the heart wants what the heart wants. Who for me is it to stand in the way. HERE YA GO!!!! 

we.gif

Man, she nailed that move like Delonte West and Gloria James. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Man, she nailed that move like Delonte West and Gloria James. ?

As much as I love LeBron I DESSSSSSSPIIIIIIIIIIIISE Gloria. There are so many words I want to say about her that are not appropriate for a family site.  WEEEEEEELP have a good weekend 11. I will be getting my redneck on tomorrow. Have fun doing city slicker things haha.

dw.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Kyrie hated Bron’s guts. What great leadership, Bron...

@GwillMac6 @aubearcat

Kyrie definitely wants to be the main man on whatever team he plays for. I read a blurb somewhere saying he wants to go to the Knicks in 2019. I sure hope Boston holds onto Scary Terry and Smart. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Kyrie definitely wants to be the main man on whatever team he plays for. I read a blurb somewhere saying he wants to go to the Knicks in 2019. I sure hope Boston holds onto Scary Terry and Smart. 

They need to hold on to Kyrie. I’m not really sure what to expect out of Rozier. He kinda bursted onto the scene when nobody was expecting it, so we don’t know how high his ceiling is or even if he is a one year wonder.

Pretty slick deal, G-Will. Don’t EVER say I never helped a player-fan brother out. 

Deadspin:

Devin Booker—Devin Booker—is set to become one of the highest-paid players in the NBA, after agreeing to a max contract extension with the Phoenix Suns. In a move that makes Sacramento’s $78 million offer sheet to Zach LaVine look downright frugal by comparison, the Suns will pay Booker a whopping $158 million over five seasons, starting with the 2019-2020 season.

Listen. If you’re a Devin Booker believer, you are definitionally so walled-off to the persuasive powers of, you know, facts that none of this is likely to get through, but here it is: the Suns have never won more than 24 games in any season of Booker’s career; last season, his third in the NBA, they won 21 games and were the worst team in the NBA; the Suns have finished in the bottom 10 in the NBA in offensive efficiency in every season of Booker’s career; they’ve also finished in the bottom five in defensive efficiency in every season of Booker’s career. It’s amazing to think that the Suns organization feels like anyone on its roster these last few seasons deserves to be paid literally as much as they are allowed to pay a player.

But it gets worse! Last season the Suns had the worst net rating in the NBA, at minus-9.7. Hilariously, their net rating was actually worse with their supposed max player on the floor, and the Suns were about 0.7 points per hundred possessions better with Booker off the floor. Yes, there’s a lot of hidden context there, but remember this wasn’t a choice between keeping Devin Booker and, I dunno, chasing him off into the desert with pitchforks. It was the choice between extending him now, without sharing any of the risk that’s supposed to serve as incentive for an early extension, versus waiting just one more season to see if Booker can, you know, play anything like winning basketball, before offering him the moon and stars. If they were going to pay him like the centerpiece of a good team, it would’ve been sensible to wait until the most recent example didn’t show him making his already putrid team marginally worse.

A significant part of that effect came down to Booker being an excruciatingly bad defensive player—the Suns were two full points per hundred possessions better defensively when Booker was on the bench last season. For the third year running, Booker ranked in the bottom five percent of all NBA players in ESPN’s defensive real plus-minusAccording to Basketball Reference, Booker’s three-year minus-2.5 defensive box plus-minus is worse than all but 25 players who’ve played at least 600 total minutes since 2015 (just so you know, fringe and/or former NBA players like Kobi Simmons and [gulp] Andrea Bargnani are on this list). Booker isn’t just a bad defender; he’s one of the very worst defensive players in the sport.

Still, Booker is a remarkably prolific scorer for such a young player, and, anyway, someone was going to throw a max offer sheet at him next summer, and almost nothing that could conceivably happen next season would’ve changed that. And there’s no rule that says Booker can’t someday become the devastating engine of an actually good offense, while being successfully hidden defensively. Kyrie Irving was also once a putrid defensive player with a track record of putting up the emptiest of scoring numbers on completely busted and hopeless lottery teams, before LeBron James came along and transformed the entire Cavaliers organization.

ADVERTISEMENT

This has been a fascinating offseason. LeBron James joined the Lakers. Paul George turned down a chance to play in his hometown, with LeBron James, in order to stay in Oklahoma City. DeMarcus Cousins joined the Golden State Warriors on a one-year deal worth peanuts. And Devin Booker signed a contract worth as much in annual salary as Kevin Actual Durant will make on his new deal with the Warriors. What a crazy time.

OddsShark 

?@OddsShark 

Updated odds on what team Carmelo Anthony will be on at the start of the 2018-19 season (@BovadaOfficial): 

Rockets -140 
Lakers +275 
Heat +850 
Clippers +1100 
Raptors +1200 
Celtics +1500 
Wizards +1500 
Hawks +1600 
Nets +1600 
Knicks +2500 

12:38 PM - Jul 9, 2018

Luc M’bah Moute signs a one year deal with the Clippers. Houston has now lost him and Ariza. They will replace that defense with Melo. Hope they enjoyed their run. 

• Like 1