NBA Thread

aujeff11

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Great get for them for the price they are getting him for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Great get for them for the price they are getting him for.

Yep. Can’t beat that discount. Carmelo, a guy that will be in the basketball HOF one day. With that said, some humor:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I guess Cavs finally decided to go all in on K Love. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I guess Cavs finally decided to go all in on K Love. 

Or they will just trade him midseason like the clippers did this past season after they inked blake griffin to a new extension! haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Didn't even know VC still played. Geez, his dunk contest win was my junior or senior year in high school. 

• Haha 1

Didn't even know VC still played. Geez, his dunk contest win was my junior or senior year in high school. 

Because of him extending his career so much he really has positioned himself nicely in some key statistical cats of all time. He is 22nd all time in points scored ahead of bigger names like Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor, Allen Iverson, Clyde Drexler, Larry Bird, Barkley etc. He is 8th all time in 3 pointers made for a career. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Because of him extending his career so much he really has positioned himself nicely in some key statistical cats of all time. He is 22nd all time in points scored ahead of bigger names like Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor, Allen Iverson, Clyde Drexler, Larry Bird, Barkley etc. He is 8th all time in 3 pointers made for a career. 

And he still has the most electric, collaborative dunk contest performance of all time.  There were better dunks, but best overall performance every round.  No one had performed those dunks before him.  Just love watching.  So I posted since it may have been before your time haha.  

• Haha 1

I admit I dont follow basketball as closely as I did when Drexler and Terry Porter were lighting things up.......Vince Carter still in the league just blew my mind..........to the wayback machine Mr. Peabody?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

And he still has the most electric, collaborative dunk contest performance of all time.  There were better dunks, but best overall performance every round.  No one had performed those dunks before him.  Just love watching.  So I posted since it may have been before your time haha.  

haha ouch. before my time?!!? how young do you think I am? OH RIGHT!!!! I  do post with the over the top energy like a 6th grader lol. GOT IT! MUHHH BAD!!!!!!......  I am almost 29. I def remember it. I think he is the second best contest dunker ever behind Zach Lavine. THE BEST DUNK EVER WAS HIM OVER FREDRIC WEISS IN THE 2000 OLYMPICS THOUGH!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha ouch. before my time?!!? how young do you think I am? OH RIGHT!!!! I post like a 6th grader lol. GOT IT! I am almost 29. I def remember it. I think he is the second best contest dunker ever behind Zach Lavine. THE BEST DUNK EVER WAS HIM OVER FREDRIC WEISS IN THE 2000 OLYMPICS THOUGH!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Haha.  I just knew you were younger than me. You are right though.  Poster-ing a 7 foot behemoth like that is just plain ridiculous.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Haha.  I just knew you were younger than me. You are right though.  Poster-ing a 7 foot behemoth like that is just plain ridiculous.  

I think he was drafted by the knicks but I dunno if he ever played a game in the NBA. IN THE OLYMPICS!!! JUST INCREDIBLE!!!! that only thing that ruined it was vinces hair. I STILL do not get that. He has never had hair before or since that haha like WHY?!??!

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think he was drafted by the knicks but I dunno if he ever played a game in the NBA. IN THE OLYMPICS!!! JUST INCREDIBLE!!!! that only thing that ruined it was vinces hair. I STILL do not get that. He has never had hair before or since that haha like WHY?!??!

He didn't want anyone to recognize the dude from the dunk contest.  I guess it worked cuz if I saw Vince coming with that vertical, I would not stand there for the charge lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

He didn't want anyone to recognize the dude from the dunk contest.  I guess it worked cuz if I saw Vince coming with that vertical, I would not stand there for the charge lol. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOUCHE!!!!!! your best thoughts and observations are always the late night variety.

• Thanks 1

@AUBwins bama could never!!!!!!!!! lol

18 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Totally agree.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@AUBwins bama could never!!!!!!!!! lol

Haha. I can see it now titled "The Weave", produced by Sexton, Lacy, Minkah, and Richardson. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Haha. I can see it now titled "The Weave", produced by Sexton, Lacy, Minkah, and Richardson. 

Lololol I spit out my cherry Dr Pepper!!! That is gold.

• Haha 1

For the record, cherry Dr pepper is my favorite cola.