NBA Thread

aujeff11

Draft Week! Lets goooo

Crazy weekend in the NBA. Lakers did the right thing. Their window is now. Like right now. With the Warriors taking a year off from being the unstoppable force every team in the league should be playing for this coming season. They're going for it and it's going to be interesting to see how Lebron plays with another big man. I hope AD doesn't become a Kevin Love/Bosh version of himself where he's just kinda shooting perimeter shots and that's it.

Pelicans are going to be the most fun NBA League Pass team next year.

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Tiger said:

Draft Week! Lets goooo

Crazy weekend in the NBA. Lakers did the right thing. Their window is now. Like right now. With the Warriors taking a year off from being the unstoppable force every team in the league should be playing for this coming season. They're going for it and it's going to be interesting to see how Lebron plays with another big man. I hope AD doesn't become a Kevin Love/Bosh version of himself where he's just kinda shooting perimeter shots and that's it.

Pelicans are going to be the most fun NBA League Pass team next year.

The thing that will be different is first AD is better than those dudes. BUT most importantly is AD will not be the third option. He will be at worst second. Honestly He is going to be the first option. Maybe not the first year but def in year 2. AD is the guy Bron has chosen to give the keys to the kingdom too and finally give up his alpha dog role. It does not hurt he will be 35 in december also! lol. That is sooooooo old in NBA years! hahaha.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The thing that will be different is first AD is better than those dudes. BUT most importantly is AD will not be the third option. He will be at worst second. Honestly He is going to be the first option. Maybe not the first year but def in year 2. AD is the guy Bron has chosen to give the keys to the kingdom too and finally give up his alpha dog role. It does not hurt he will be 35 in december also! lol. That is sooooooo old in NBA years! hahaha.

Good points. I'm not saying it won't be a great pairing. We just haven't seen Lebron not neuter, in a way, an All Star caliber big man yet. Totally agree AD is on a compleeetely different level though. He's like a potential GOAT to be honest. That's how good he is and can be. And I also agree that AD will transition to be the new #1 option as Lebron starts to get older.

I just think offensively, since Lebron operates in the space of both PG and PF, in the past it kind of left those positions as watered down versions of themselves. Like Lonzo, for example, was a terrible fit because it was redundant to have him and Lebron on the court together offensively. Or when Bosh and Love became corner 3 shooters because Lebron needs the areas of the floor that they previously worked in to attack and create. I'm very interested to see how Lebron plays with such a freak talent like AD. To your point about AD being the 1st or 2nd option at worst I think we may be able to see a different story with Lebron + a big. Both Bosh and Love had to let Wade/Kyrie get theirs before seeing opportunities.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Good points. I'm not saying it won't be a great pairing. We just haven't seen Lebron not neuter, in a way, an All Star caliber big man yet. Totally agree AD is on a compleeetely different level though. He's like a potential GOAT to be honest. That's how good he is and can be. And I also agree that AD will transition to be the new #1 option as Lebron starts to get older.

I just think offensively, since Lebron operates in the space of both PG and PF, in the past it kind of left those positions as watered down versions of themselves. Like Lonzo, for example, was a terrible fit because it was redundant to have him and Lebron on the court together offensively. Or when Bosh and Love became corner 3 shooters because Lebron needs the areas of the floor that they previously worked in to attack and create. I'm very interested to see how Lebron plays with such a freak talent like AD. To your point about AD being the 1st or 2nd option at worst I think we may be able to see a different story with Lebron + a big. Both Bosh and Love had to let Wade/Kyrie get theirs before seeing opportunities.

There is just a huge difference in even being a third option over a second option. Kyrie still got his (and even averaged a career high in points in 2017. More ppg than he did by himself in CLE or in boston.) and even Wade as he was getting older and declining was still able to average over 20 ppg most years with Bron. But the third option is just too many less touches to make a huge dent in the points per game department. Bosh was one of the best options you can ask for as a third wheel. Much Better than Kevin Love because he was a beast on defense and was a rim protector. Even in game 7 in 2013 when the Heat beat the spurs to go back to back he may of scored 0 points but he was still able to play incredible defense and get some crucial boards. To me on a championship caliber team those guys are perfectly situated in their roles as the third wheel. 

BUT YES DUDE!!!!!! I cannot wait to see AD on the big stage. Dude has the third highest PER in history and has had some absolute monster seasons and postseasons. He is so freakishly talented that a lot of people still do not know how good this guy is and even can be. He has not come close to reaching his ceiling. I can legit see him as being a 1 on a championship contender. He is that damn talented and good. His upside is staggering!!! Like you said there is no telling how great he can be!!! His skill set is perfect for the modern NBA. A big who can dribble AND shoot?! PERFECT. Plus he is a elite defender and rim protector. ONCE AGAIN TIGER IS EN FUEGO AND HAS HIS FINGER ON THE PULSE!!!!! Score another W in the win column for EL TIGRE!!!!!!! hahahaa WOOO!!! LETS GOOO!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

WOOOO!!!!!!!! Latest Mock Draft has our boy CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMA back in the first round. Going 27th to the Nets. I DO NOT CARE WHERE HE GOES!!! I just want him to be a First Round draft pick! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAY BAAAY!!!!!!!

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Edited by GwillMac6

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oh well. Start over and build around Tatum and Brown. Make sure the first rounders are pieces that work with the talent those two have. 

• Thanks 1

I see the Lakers are now trying to unload even more players to create enough space to sign another major player.  I think they are creating even more of a mess for themselves.  You need more than three players to win it all.  The Warriors could not do it with 5 this year.  The Lakers are trying to buy second round picks which is also confusing because you will just have these three players plus rookies as your team?