NBA Thread

aujeff11

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Really can’t change it though. Defenders can’t just play loose because he’s still a dead eye shooter. 

And to be honest saying that Harden’s game  should be illegal undercuts his mastery of the game. He extrapolates maximum efficiency without breaking the rules. He puts opponents in foul trouble and the NBA has no defense for it because he’s still got a slick offensive game minus the flops. That’s ultra valuable. 

If anything his already stout shooting percentage would maybe get better if he didn’t have to concentrate on collecting fouls. 

You can and should change it.  It is unfair to the defender when a shooter jumps forward into the defender standing still and it's the defenders fault.  Just like a defender cannot slide forward into the shooter mid jump, a shooter should also not be able to jump forward into the defender.  Also should there be a rule to stop shooters from kicking/flaring out their legs to try and sell a trip.  

Regarding the hooking, go to 0:01 and 1:25:

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

it.  It is unfair to the defender when a shooter jumps forward into the defender standing still and it's the defenders fault

Guess where the natural momentum of a shooter takes him? That’s why you can’t legislate it?

25 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Also should there be a rule to stop shooters from kicking/flaring out their legs to try and sell a trip.  

See above. Some shooters kick out or flare when shooting also why is it that this has been done at times by others to draw fouls but only should be illegal because Harden is great at it? 

You’re basically trying to outlaw a lethal pump fake because if a player catches a defender with a pump fake and then jumps forward to grab the contact, by your opinion that’s illegal. 

Didnt even watch the videos. Save em for a Harden fan.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Guess where the natural momentum of a shooter takes him? That’s why you can’t legislate it?

Up?  :laugh:  Typically when you jump, it's up.  And you very well know shooters jump directly into the defender to get the call.  They will even jump sideways into the defender.  It is kind of funny to watch it.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re basically trying to outlaw a lethal pump fake because if a player catches a defender with a pump fake and then jumps forward to grab the contact, by your opinion that’s illegal. 

That is different.  A pump fake in basketball will get the defender to come crashing into the shooter.  I am talking about a defender just standing there and the shooter jumps into the defender.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Didnt even watch the videos. Save em for a Harden fan.

I am a Harden fan.  :Sing:  I follow all of my old OKC guys, with maybe the exception of KD and not because I dislike him (which I have no issue with him).  I just think these things need to go away and they are being discussed this off-season already for a rule change.

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Up?  :laugh:  Typically when you jump, it's up

You’ve never played basketball.  You jump up, but where does your momentum take you?

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

And you very well know shooters jump directly into the defender to get the call. 

Has been done for decades 

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That is different.  A pump fake in basketball will get the defender to come crashing into the shooter.  I am talking about a defender just standing there and the shooter jumps into the defender.

Yeah but the shooter jumps forward right? What did wade do to Marquis? He went and got the contact.

If a defender has his hand up and the shooter manipulates his shot to hit the hand, foul. That’s just smart. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You’ve never played basketball.  You jump up, but where does your momentum take you?  I actually did play, but I will fully admit I was not very good.  

Has been done for decades.  Not to the degree it is now.  Back in the "big boy years" no foul would be called.  Weren't you the one who posted the MJ video of all of that contact the had to play through for a bucket?

On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, aujeff11 said:

Yeah but the shooter jumps forward right? What did wade do to Marquis? He went and got the contact.  Shooters are training themselves to jump forward now because of the rules.  If you make the rule eliminating this (which it is being discussed) they will not jump forward.  For example, Russ jumps up, not forward in his shot. 

8c308da13d5cde50939814d2977e281e.gif

You see the same thing on a post up shot with most shooters diving to the basket and then stopping, going up and shooting.  Here is MJ doing it, and also jumping straight up:

8c308da13d5cde50939814d2977e281e.gif  8c308da13d5cde50939814d2977e281e.gif

If a defender has his hand up and the shooter manipulates his shot to hit the hand, foul. That’s just smart.  It is smart, but not what we are discussing.

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not to the degree it is now.  Back in the "big boy years" no foul would be called.  Weren't you the one who posted the MJ video of all of that contact the had to play through for a bucket?

Yeah and I admit that Harden is the first to use the refs as a primary tool in his arsenal. But even then fouls were still fouls, just called less. 

19 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Shooters are training themselves to jump forward now because of the rules.

No bro. They train themselves to shoot and maybe land in front of wherethey were very young. Especially if they don’t have the strength to shoot from long distance. 

Stephen-Curry-Shooting-Jump-Shot52.gif

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It is smart, but not what we are discussing.

So how are the defenders fouling while standing still? 

We are only discussing him jumping into others? You know he gets a lot of fouls after the step back? 

Yeah and I admit that Harden is the first to use the refs as a primary tool in his arsenal. But even then fouls were still fouls, just called less. 

No bro. They train themselves to shoot and maybe land in front of wherethey were very young. Especially if they don’t have the strength to shoot from long distance. 

So how are the defenders fouling while standing still? 

We are only discussing him jumping into others? You know he gets a lot of fouls after the step back? 

Well if you watched the videos I took the time to find for you, you would know what I have been referring to.  However, I found a video that perfectly sums up my whole argument on what Harden is doing.  It is less than 2 minutes so please watch it.  It perfectly shows how Harden is altering his stance to flop a foul.  Not illegal, so kudos to him.  But it reasons why a rule needs to prevent it because Harden can also blow out his Achilles doing this:

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well if you watched the videos I took the time to find for you, you would know what I have been referring to.  However, I found a video that perfectly sums up my whole argument on what Harden is doing.  It is less than 2 minutes so please watch it.  It perfectly shows how Harden is altering his stance to flop a foul.  Not illegal, so kudos to him.  But it reasons why a rule needs to prevent it because Harden can also blow out his Achilles doing this:

So altering the stance to flop ready should be made illegal?  Are you not tired of judgement call fouls? I’m not going to pretend that the league is trying to preserve his Achilles either. They’re going to try to make whatever they can illegal because Harden can make a fool of the refs despite playing within the letter of the law. That’s why I don’t see how they can change what he’s doing. 

But it’s all good. Agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

They will even jump sideways into the defender.  It is kind of funny to watch it.

Story time!!!! This part Reminds me of HS. I’ll be in the hallway and I’ll see a friend walking and I’ll just walk right next to them without them seeing me and then jump at them from the side while pretending like I’m shooting. 

Before they are like “WTF are you doing Jeff!!” I’ll yell “And One!!!!”

And then they laugh. 

lol

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/andre-iguodala-orthopedic-surgeon-call-warriors-handling-of-kevin-durants-calf-injury-into-serious-question/

Andre Iguodala and a doctor’s warning before game 5 sharing how pathetic GS’s organization.is.

Me and @Tiger favorite role player speaking the truth. There is plenty of title winning teams that hated each other. Hell Shaq and Kobe had a dang dynasty together and they despised each other. Rockets would be dumb to blow it up now with the Warriors out at least a year of title contention. This is their best chance to actually make the finals.

• Like 1

Josh Schrock,NBC Sports BayArea 13 hours ago 

For the first time since 2011, Steph Curry won't be joining Klay Thompson on the hardwood. Instead, Thompson will be sharing a court with a different king -- LeBron James.

Don't worry, Klay hasn't made his free-agency decision yet.

The Warriors star reportedly has accepted a role alongside the Lakers star in the upcoming film "Space Jam 2," along with Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard and Diana Taurasi.

A number of NBA stars, including Curry, reportedly turned down the opportunity to be in the film. The Warriors star admits he and producer Ryan Coogler discussed it, but they ultimately couldn't make it work.

"I know LeBron and Ryan Coogler are going to be doing amazing things. It's going to be awesome," Curry told The New York Times' Sopan Deb. "Part of it was in terms of things that I had going on. It was just the timing, to be honest. Not being able to commit. And I know Ryan really well. We had a lot of conversations about it."

Coogler, an Oakland native, is a huge Warriors fan, making it difficult for Steph to say no to the project.

"He's at every playoff game," Curry said, adding, "Obviously, that's hard to turn down. The guy does amazing work."

Steph won't have to watch out for the Monstars this summer, which is good news for the banged-up Warriors, who can ill-afford to have another star to go down with an injury -- real or imagined.

• Like 1