NBA Thread

aujeff11

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Me and @Tiger favorite role player speaking the truth. There is plenty of title winning teams that hated each other. Hell Shaq and Kobe had a dang dynasty together and they despised each other. Rockets would be dumb to blow it up now with the Warriors out at least a year of title contention. This is their best chance to actually make the finals.

I will always show love to the shoe king PJ Tucker! He's from my hometown (as you know my loyalty to NC hoopers lolol) and I watched several of his games in high school so I will always go to bat for PJ! It was ridiculous he was in the middle of ACC country and didn't have a single offer from schools in the area.

Rockets should run it back IMO. But adding Jimmy Butler to the mix would just mean more tension...and I kinda wanna see that happen LOL. Not a fan of CP3s whiny BS and Harden's entire game is predicated on deceiving the refs which is infuriating because he's good enough not to have to use that garbage tactic so he can fail spectacularly as well. So I'm all for any type of incoming Rockets implosion. GIVE EM JIMMY BUCKETS!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I will always show love to the shoe king PJ Tucker! He's from my hometown (as you know my loyalty to NC hoopers lolol) and I watched several of his games in high school so I will always go to bat for PJ! It was ridiculous he was in the middle of ACC country and didn't have a single offer from schools in the area.

Rockets should run it back IMO. But adding Jimmy Butler to the mix would just mean more tension...and I kinda wanna see that happen LOL. Not a fan of CP3s whiny BS and Harden's entire game is predicated on deceiving the refs which is infuriating because he's good enough not to have to use that garbage tactic so he can fail spectacularly as well. So I'm all for any type of incoming Rockets implosion. GIVE EM JIMMY BUCKETS!

hahahahahaha the NBA is sports greatest soap opera and adding jimmy butler to a already dramatic team would be drama gold!!!!!! 2 of the biggest divas of the sport in cp3 and Butler. Add in Harden who will freeze them out of the offense and we got A FIREWORKS SHOW ALL SEASON LONG!!! WOOO!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

• Haha 1

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahahahaha the NBA is sports greatest soap opera and adding jimmy butler to a already dramatic team would be drama gold!!!!!! 2 of the biggest divas of the sport in cp3 and Butler. Add in Harden who will freeze them out of the offense and we got A FIREWORKS SHOW ALL SEASON LONG!!! WOOO!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

Lol I can't wait to see Jimmy explode when he's told to sit in the corner and shoot it if he's lucky enough to have Harden pass him the ball with 2 seconds left on the shot clock

Edited by Tiger
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Lol I can't wait to see Jimmy explode when he's told to sit in the corner and shoot it if he's lucky enough to have Harden pass him the ball with 2 seconds left of the shot clock

Can Jimmy make it THREE TEAMS where he killed their locker room?!?!?! LETS GO FOR A TRIFECTA!!!! I think this would be the worst one yet. Because he would not be the dominant ball handler and Harden is a lot better than him! He would lash out! lol. His touches would go down tremendously even from philly where they had a big 4.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

not a bad consolation prize. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lebron didn’t wear 23 well anyway. 

• Like 1

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

not a bad consolation prize. 

They will be better for swapping Kemba for Kyrie IMO

The Horford loss will be felt though

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can Jimmy make it THREE TEAMS where he killed their locker room?!?!?! LETS GO FOR A TRIFECTA!!!! I think this would be the worst one yet. Because he would not be the dominant ball handler and Harden is a lot better than him! He would lash out! lol. His touches would go down tremendously even from philly where they had a big 4.

He brought that on himself so I don't feel that bad.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Would love to get him back fro another year.  I also see rumors the Thunder are shopping Steven Adams around which is a shame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I agree about Kemba v Kyrie. There’s still talk about trading for Cappella or another big. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Kyrie is def the better player. But Kemba absolutely is a better fit. Kyrie was never ever going to mesh well in Stevens system. He is to much of a freelancer. What is funny is I do not think Kyrie is a fit for the Nets ball movement offense either! lmao. He keeps going to teams where he is a bad fit. He was at his best in TY Lue's ISO heavy offense where he could make em dance and do his thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He brought that on himself so I don't feel that bad.

Would love to get him back fro another year.  I also see rumors the Thunder are shopping Steven Adams around which is a shame.

It is necessary. Thunder have 2 top 7ish players. They should be a lot better than they are in the playoffs. Adams is just not a good fit for what works so well in todays game. He is a throwback player. He kills the spacing in the playoffs. Roberson back will make it even worse like we have talked about.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Kyrie is def the better player. But Kemba absolutely is a better fit. Kyrie was never ever going to mesh well in Stevens system. He is to much of a freelancer. What is funny is I do not think Kyrie is a fit for the Nets ball movement offense either! lmao. He keeps going to teams where he is a bad fit. He was at his best in TY Lue's ISO heavy offense where he could make em dance and do his thing.

Agree he's a better individual player. IMO Kemba isn't a head case and he's also a much better fit as you said. I think it's freaking hilarious that the Nets were backing off of Kyrie if he didn't bring KD with him. I wonder how Kyrie took that since he fancies himself as some championship leader that nobody wants to follow LOL

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Agree he's a better individual player. IMO Kemba isn't a head case and he's also a much better fit as you said. I think it's freaking hilarious that the Nets were backing off of Kyrie if he didn't bring KD with him. I wonder how Kyrie took that since he fancies himself as some championship leader that nobody wants to follow LOL

HAHAHHHHA WHAT SUCKS about kyrie is what makes him so great!!!! He is a unbelievable sidekick and ONE OF THE VERY BEST number 2's on a title team we have seen. I WILL NEVER forget that mesmerizing performance of 41 points in game 5 at oracle to extend the series in 2016. He is so unbelievably confident in his abilities (as he should dude is a playoff scoring machine) that he just cannot see clearly that he works so much better and his talents are maximized next to a true franchise player. Kyrie is one of the clearest examples of a guy who can shine on the bigget stage but also cannot be a number 1 option on a title team. 

flat.jpg

r.jpg

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHHHHA WHAT SUCKS about kyrie is what makes him so great!!!! He is a unbelievable sidekick and ONE OF THE VERY BEST number 2's on a title team we have seen. I WILL NEVER forget that mesmerizing performance of 41 points in game 5 at oracle to extend the series in 2016. He is so unbelievably confident in his abilities (as he should dude is a playoff scoring machine) that he just cannot see clearly that he works so much better and his talents are maximized next to a true franchise player. Kyrie is one of the clearest examples of a guy who can shine on the bigget stage but also cannot be a number 1 option on a title team. 

flat.jpg

r.jpg

I 100% agree that he's an eliiiiiite #2 option. And man when he gets cooking there is nobody in the league like him. Handles and ability to get to the rack and finish is unparalleled and it's so fun to watch.

But he carries himself like a #1 and apparently expects everyone to respect that when he is a career loser who thought he was bigger than Lebron and forced his way out of Cleveland. I know you're a Kyrie guy and always have been but I've grown to dislike him more and more over the years. Hasn't won anything pre-Lebron or post-Lebron. In fact, his team is better when he's not on the floor (playoff run last year) and Cleveland didn't need him to win the east last season either lolol

I can just imagine the convos Jaylen Brown, actually an intelligent guy, and Kyrie had. It wasn't all that surprising that the dumb guy who considers himself the smartest in the room butted heads with the actual smartest guy in the room as was being reported throughout the season

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I 100% agree that he's an eliiiiiite #2 option. And man when he gets cooking there is nobody in the league like him. Handles and ability to get to the rack and finish is unparalleled and it's so fun to watch.

But he carries himself like a #1 and apparently expects everyone to respect that when he is a career loser who thought he was bigger than Lebron and forced his way out of Cleveland. I know you're a Kyrie guy and always have been but I've grown to dislike him more and more over the years. Hasn't won anything pre-Lebron or post-Lebron. In fact, his team is better when he's not on the floor (playoff run last year) and Cleveland didn't need him to win the east last season either lolol

I can just imagine the convos Jaylen Brown, actually an intelligent guy, and Kyrie had. It wasn't all that surprising that the dumb guy who considers himself the smartest in the room butted heads with the actual smartest guy in the room as was being reported throughout the season

BAHAHHHHHHA GOT DAMN TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have to end his life like that?!??!?! I agree on everything you said. It was like once he got that title with cle he wanted out immediately! People forget he wanted to be traded after 2016 when they won it all!!! He is just  extremely odd dude. He is another guy that will rub every locker room the wrong way that he goes too. But teams will always take a chance because of exactly what you said!!!!

gf.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

BAHAHHHHHHA GOT DAMN TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have to end his life like that?!??!?! I agree on everything you said. It was like once he got that title with cle he wanted out immediately! People forget he wanted to be traded after 2016 when they won it all!!! He is just  extremely odd dude. He is another guy that will rub every locker room the wrong way that he goes too. But teams will always take a chance because of exactly what you said!!!!

gf.gif

hahaha yeah he is definitely an odd, but extremely skilled, dude. Him, Jimmy Butler, and CP3 all deserve each other!! 

• Haha 1