NBA Thread

aujeff11

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

Don't like him but people having stuff to say about him being his son's fan is pitiful

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!??! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I thought you just did not like his fans and not the player himself?!??! That is what you told me and @Tiger?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US!??!? haha. WELP got to go to the ER to get this knife removed from muhhhhhhhhhh back. BRB!!!! lmao.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!??! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I thought you just did not like his fans and not the player himself?!??! That is what you told me and @Tiger?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US!??!? haha. WELP got to go to the ER to get this knife removed from muhhhhhhhhhh back. BRB!!!! lmao.

Man I like different phases. I couldn't stand Miami LeBron but I loved the first stint with the Cavs LeBron. I'm sort of feeling Lakers LeBron though

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man I like different phases. I couldn't stand Miami LeBron but I loved the first stint LeBron. I'm sort of feeling Lakers LeBron though

Lol FAIR!!! That makes sense. I can get on board with that. Miami LeBron is my least favorite LeBron even though that is when he was at his absolute peak playing wise. I just HATED the pieces around him. Only ones I really liked were Bosh, Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and Shane Battier. They were to boring of a team for my taste. They were a defensive juggernaut which is not my thing. They left a lot to be desired when it comes to my preferences offensively. Just not sexy enough offensively for what I like to watch.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Kawhi should NOT be all decade first team imo. Everyone just over reacting to this past season. His decade averages (which are his career averages of course) are still only 17, 6 and 2. @Tiger like me and you talked about. He when it is all said and done will have the toughest career to judge about where his place in history is. The averages and counting stats are just not there. His playoffs stats are a bit better. 19,7 and 2.  

rttr.jpg

melo.png

rww.png

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kawhi should NOT be all decade first team imo. Everyone just over reacting to this past season. His decade averages (which are his career averages of course) are still only 17, 6 and 2. @Tiger like me and you talked about. He when it is all said and done will have the toughest career to judge about where his place in history is. The averages and counting stats are just not there. His playoffs stats are a big better. 19,7 and 2. 

rttr.jpg

melo.png

rww.png

I agree as far as the all decade team

• Like 2

MarJon Beauchamp is following in Darius Bazley’s footsteps.

Before the first day of his senior year in high school, the 6-foot-6 Class of 2020 wing announced on Thursday that he will be skipping out on college, instead opting to spend the 2020-21 season training on his own to prepare for the 2021 NBA Draft.

“I’m genuinely humbled by all the interest and offers I received by some great schools,” MarJon said in a statement released by Chameleon BX, the company he will be training with. “Although they were tough to turn down, I believe the Chameleon BX program provides the kind of personalized attention I need to get my body and game properly prepared for pursuing my dream of a career in the NBA.”

Bazley was the first player to do this voluntarily*. A former Syracuse commit, he decided to skip college altogether, initially hoping to head to the G League before making the (correct) decision to sit out, train and prepare for the 2019 draft. He was a first round pick as a result. Mitchell Robinson did the same, but that was after he enrolled at Western Kentucky, then left, then tried to transfer before re-enrolling and – spoiler alert – leaving again, all within the span of a few weeks during the summer of 2017. He spent the 2017-18 season working out on his own as well before eventually being picked in the second round by the Knicks. He was, however, a first round talent with red flags that scared a few teams off of giving him a guaranteed contract as a rookie.

*(There were plenty of rumors that Bazley wasn’t going to be eligible at Syracuse – this happens with every player that decides to skip college, and it’s not always true – and while his initial goal was to play in the G League, he quickly realized he would get manhandled as an 18 year old in that league. Hence the asterisk.)

Which brings us back to Beauchamp, who is a back-end top 25 prospect in the class.

An athletic and fairly skilled wing, Beauchamp has the kind of tools (length, versatility, positional size, etc. ) and skillset that makes him an intriguing longterm prospect. He’s a slasher that has shown glimpses of having playmaking ability and is an improving shooter. The problem is that he weighs all of 175 pounds, and that is where this decision becomes interesting.

Beauchamp will be training with Chameleon BX, which is a company that was founded by Frank Matrisciano. If that name sounds familiar, it should. He was profiled by all the major media outlets years ago when he was using unusual methods to workout Blake Griffin. He spent a couple of years as the trainer for the Memphis Tigers. And he does all of this while refusing to be photographed showing his face. He’s an odd dude, but the workouts that he puts his clients through will improve their body.

“Frank Matrisciano’s proven ability to transform athletes, combined with the skills training provided by his accomplished NBA coaching staff is simply a far better option for MarJon than a one-and-done year at college, or any of the other paths we considered before making our decision,” MarJon’s father, JonMarc Beauchamp, said.

As it stands, Beauchamp projects as a second round pick. There is plenty of time for that to change, but don’t expect this to become a trend based off of his success. Most in the basketball world believe that the 2022 NBA Draft will be the first where high school players are allowed to make themselves eligible, which means that the kids that would be following Beauchamp’s lead will be able to head straight to the league.

Mostly, this is just a kid and his family making the decision to skip college, and with a year between now and then, there is still room for change.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/08/01/top-25-prospect-marjon-beauchamp-to-skip-college-train-for-nba-draft/

8 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Not the NBA, but too crazy to not post.

Nice double whammy....

congrats DJ! 🤣

Not the NBA, but too crazy to not post.

Wow 🤣

Not the NBA, but too crazy not to post.

Guys can actually test positive in a pregnancy test.  But not for good reasons.  It typically means you have testicular cancer.  That is actually what I thought unless Cooper admitted to using his girlfriends's urine.

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to NBA Thread

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

Daaaaamn Boogie just can't catch a break

That might be a career whether he accepts it or not. 

• Sad 2

• ellitor changed the title to All Things NBA Thread

• ellitor changed the title to NBA Thread
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope Russ kills it this season.  Just take it easy on the OKC team.  We already have conceded defeat to the top 8 teams.  :laugh:  Seriously, I am rooting for this guy harder than any other.

• 2 weeks later...

@GwillMac6 😈 ☘️☘️☘️

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

21 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

This sounds pretty dumb. So if you're fouled on a 3 pointer and you make 1 FT and get 3 points? I get that they're toying with things but this one ain't gonna make it to the league

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

This sounds pretty dumb. So if you're fouled on a 3 pointer and you make 1 FT and get 3 points? I get that they're toying with things but this one ain't gonna make it to the league

Could be helpful for the big men who can't shoot threes but are decent free throw shooters.  Just set your big man on the three and trap a defender to send him to the stripe.  It could be genius if you do it right.

• 2 weeks later...

The emotions.  :'(I wish you nothing but the best and hope you get a championship!  :clap:  Will always be a part of the Thunder.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 11:44 AM, Tiger said:

Go one step further in this ridiculousness and just let one foul count as all 6 fouls. Or if you're fouled on a slam dunk then just go ahead and count it as three. Good Lord stop messing with sports if it's not safety related. 

• Haha 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Really happy he is wearing Celtic green.