NBA Thread

aujeff11

NBA season starts tonight.  

The best time of the year is upon us sports fans: MLB playoffs, the NFL and CFB are in full swing, and the NBA will now fill the mid-week gap. 

Lets discuss potential NBA champions other than Golden State, bicker about super teams, trashtalk Lebron groupies, and hug it all out in the end.

Edited by aujeff11

☘️ Looking for that 18th banner. The Spurs will still be top 3 or 4 in the West. 

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

☘️ Looking for that 18th banner. The Spurs will still be top 3 or 4 in the West. 

Speaking of the Celtics,  Kyrie Irvin plays LeBron and the Cavs tonight. Yes Please. 

• Like 1

Gordon Hayward is more than likely out for the season after a brutal injury just 6 minutes into his C’s career. 

Major Eastern Conference implications already.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gordon Hayward is more than likely out for the season after a brutal injury just 6 minutes into his C’s career. 

Major Eastern Conference implications already.

Indeed

:sad2:

• Sad 1

I really like The Jet. His analysis seems more informed than either Barkley or O’Neal. 

• 1 month later...

Rockets look foreal this year. Harden playing like an mvp and CP3 too. Do they go all the way or does the NBA have other plans?*wink wink* *nudge nudge* 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Rockets look foreal this year. Harden playing like an mvp and CP3 too. Do they go all the way or does the NBA have other plans?*wink wink* *nudge nudge* 

CP3 has proven to be an excellent addition so far. Something that OKC cannot say about their new guys. 

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

CP3 has proven to be an excellent addition so far. Something that OKC cannot say about their new guys. 

Smh yes I have been rooting for them but it's hard. OKC is screwed... I really want CP3 to get a ring. They got the offense and defense. James doesn't have to do it all... Same for CP3. I think the powers that be will control whatever happens as always. Golden State more than likely wins again...KD is a lowlife. 

38 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Smh yes I have been rooting for them but it's hard. OKC is screwed... I really want CP3 to get a ring. They got the offense and defense. James doesn't have to do it all... Same for CP3. I think the powers that be will control whatever happens as always. Golden State more than likely wins again...KD is a lowlife. 

Golden State is very beatable. They play entitled and not very hungry for success. I don’t get the KD hate though. Are you hating on the MVP Giancarlo Stanton going to the same Yankees team that was one win short of the WS?  I have more of a problem with Draymond Green.

Edited by aujeff11

55 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Golden State is very beatable. They play entitled and not very hungry for success. I don’t get the KD hate though. Are you hating on the MVP Giancarlo Stanton going to the same Yankees team that was one win short of the WS?  I have more of a problem with Draymond Green.

I don't follow baseball like that...Did the Yankees beat them in the playoffs? I don't like that he went a team that beat him and didn't give Russ a heads up. Then there's the whole super team thing...GSW goes to another level in the playoffs and they are dang near unstoppable. Some calls in the one game that the cavs won in the finals was suspect and it took them making a gaudy amount of threes. Hopefully it can at least be interesting in the playoffs.

Edited by WFE12

28 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Did the Yankees beat them in the playoffs?

No. Though in regards to KD, KD and OKC were up 3-1 before the comeback. It’s not like KD was scared shitless during the series and went running to daddy. I think KD’s move was more of finding a better place to achieve his own personal goals a lot easier than running away from his enemy. He was a free agent; he had as much freedom to choose where he wanted to go as any other free agent. Circumstances do not change that. 

In Stanton’s case, he was the MVP that bolted for the wealthiest and one of the strongest teams in the league with his signature. The Yanks essentially are a super team now with him and Judge. The Yankees already led Major League Baseball in HRs and were only second to the Astros before adding the 59 HR slugger. 

As far as the KD- RW dynamic, I can understand why RW would be upset but he’s got to remember that it’s still a business. KD has said the right things regarding the two since the split , and really, it’s time for both to move on. Last season, RW became triple-double king and won MVP while KD won finals MVP.  Really it is a win-win for everybody as neither would’ve earned their awards if both were still at OKC. 

Edited by aujeff11

• 1 month later...

Man it freaking sucks seeing Demarcus Cousins tear his Achilles. He was headed for a playoff appearance and one of his best seasons. Pelicans needed one more solid wing and they would make noise in the playoffs and give the Warriors a tough time.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:14 PM, WFE12 said:

Man it freaking sucks seeing Demarcus Cousins tear his Achilles. He was headed for a playoff appearance and one of his best seasons. Pelicans needed one more solid wing and they would make noise in the playoffs and give the Warriors a tough time.

I saw the injury live. That injury will hurt the Pels, but realistically their guard play isn’t up to par for the playoffs environment.

I’m calling it now, the dubs aren’t winning the championship.

All Star game notes: To make sure the ASG is competitive, the players on winning team between team LeBron and Team Steph collects 100,000 each. I guess the NBA wised up after seeing such a NFL Pro Bowl flop.

Edited by aujeff11

no talk of the blake griffin trade?! FAIL!!!!!!!! lol 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

no talk of the blake griffin trade?! FAIL!!!!!!!! lol 

There’s like zero NBA fans on this board. I feel like a misfit and an outcast all in one. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

There’s like zero NBA fans on this board. I feel like a misfit and an outcast all in one. 

southern middle age to old white men not liking the nba?! UN HEARD OF! haha

Really not that much to discuss imo. He’s a top 20  or so player and both teams are middling at best. It’s not nearly the shakeup trade of Kyrie for Thomas. It’s just a meh. Biggest part of the equation is that Griffin is probably the best player to come through the organization via the draft since...

As a side note, I believe, right now, the Celtics is the only Eastern Conference team that can run with the West. They still have the option to add a maximum veteran because of the exception given because of Hayward’s injury. 

21 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Really not that much to discuss imo. He’s a top 20  or so player and both teams are middling at best. It’s not nearly the shakeup trade of Kyrie for Thomas. It’s just a meh. Biggest part of the equation is that Griffin is probably the best player to come through the organization via the draft since...

Agreed. Not much will change for Detroit. He will sell more jerseys but Detroit isn’t a destination city and Griffin won’t be able to attract star FA’s.

7 hours ago, aubearcat said:

As a side note, I believe, right now, the Celtics is the only Eastern Conference team that can run with the West. They still have the option to add a maximum veteran because of the exception given because of Hayward’s injury. 

I’m not a Lebron fan but I respect his ability to be able to make it to the finals and compete. They always have a shot.

22 hours ago, aubearcat said:

lol no no no!!!! it is a big freaking deal because it came out of nowhere!!! nba is the gift that keeps on giving!!! that NFL trade with alex smith is about the high water mark for nfl trades. They are a snooze compared to the nba trades. Nba is just a lot more fun and exciting league to discuss. NFL is like a cbs procedural episode. Same ish every freaking season. The NBA has so many new and different plot twists and turns.