NBA Thread

aujeff11

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

But who really cares? Great players want to play with great players. It's how today's NBA is. Draymond called KD from the parking lot right after they lost to the Cavs in the finals after giving up a 3-1 lead. Nobody considers him a beta. He's the leader/heart and soul of the GSW team. I'd guess most of the heavyweight names talk to one another about these things.

You are correct that nobody cares that GS recruited KD. I’ve never understood that. What is wrong is the totality of the blame landed on KD when he was the recruited player and only 1/2 of the two sides. With that said, now that KD has won two straight championships, people are lightening up on the hate on him. 

So, Rondo for Randle. I suppose the Lakers are in now or never mode. 

11 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

So, Rondo for Randle. I suppose the Lakers are in now or never mode. 

They cannot do anything without Kawhi or a second star. Until now they just want to be interesting, tread water and maybe be a low playoff seed. Next summer is when they will try to really get a second star. All of these signings are 1 year deals. Randle wanted to get close to a max offer and that def is not in the Lakers long term plans for a player of his caliber.

Edited by GwillMac6

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They cannot do anything without Kawhi or a second star. Until now they just want to be interesting, tread water and maybe be a low playoff seed. Next summer is when they will try to really get a second star. All of these signings are 1 year deals. Randle wanted to get close to a max offer and that def is not in the Lakers long term plans for a player of his caliber.

If Lebron can stay healthy, his 3rd or 4th year could potentially/probably be a finals run. It’d be awesome/nostalgic to see the Celtics get about 19th or 20th banner on them. 

@GwillMac6, thoughts on where Randle lands? He may not be an all star but he’s definitely an above average player. Boston can’t afford him but my second tier team, San Antonio should probably make a run at him. 

Just now, aubearcat said:

@GwillMac6, thoughts on where Randle lands? He may not be an all star but he’s definitely an above average player. Boston can’t afford him but my second tier team, San Antonio should probably make a run at him. 

That is a great question fam! Not a clue since very few teams do not have the cap space! there is not a big market for him. He may have to take a 1 year deal and wait till FA next season when a lot more teams will have money. What do you think?

that was fast lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

that was fast lol

They have a good team if Boogie stays. I’ve been out of pocket all day if news of him leaving have already broke. 

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

that was fast lol

Also, that’s what she said. 

I see that Rondo is gone. Not as good of a team but still pretty stout if Boogie stays.

Edited by aujeff11

They already have a really good team with Jrue, Mirotic who WAS A BEAST in the playoffs, randle and AD. Boogie would be the cherry on top. Not a lot of teams with cap space left. Nola can get him for cheap to.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They already have a really good team with Jrue, Mirotic who WAS A BEAST in the playoffs, randle and AD. Boogie would be the cherry on top. Not a lot of teams with cap space left. Nola can get him for cheap to.

They were a beast last year. Interesting enough, both Davis and the  Pels played their best basketball without Boogie. Rondo was a beast last year in the playoffs as well. 

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They were a beast last year. Interesting enough, both Davis and the  Pels played their best basketball without Boogie. Rondo was a beast last year in the playoffs as well. 

PLAYOFF RONDO was revived the last 2 years with the bulls before he got hurt and the Pels for sure.

• Like 1

SMFH.............

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SMFH.............

Wow...

David Stern is sorely missed.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

Boogie is a fake tough guy sell out? Who knew? Lol ? How can they have any respect for themselves??? I mean c’mon

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Boogie is a fake tough guy sell out? Who knew? Lol ? How can they have any respect for themselves??? I mean c’mon

He’s definitely an upgrade for their front court. Pachulia is trash and McGee was average at best. 

32 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Boogie is a fake tough guy

He doesn’t deserve his nickname anymore. 

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It is and it's the straw that broke the camel's back for me.