NBA Thread

aujeff11

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Those are decent sized moves. No sports season sucks.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Raptors are the new favorites for Kawhi. 

This is so random. Also I wonder who the Raps would be willing to part with to get Kawhi

48 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This is so random

I agree. I think it’s more or less a sign that nobody really knows what is in Leonard’s noggin. 

• Like 1

I think they are just the new favorites to TRADE for him for next season. I would be shocked if he re signed there.

Chicago is building something nice.

Dunn-Lavine-Jabari-Lauri-Wendell... Looks promising IMO. Defensively not that great, but lots of talent.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2018 at 12:31 PM, Tiger said:

Chicago is building something nice.

Dunn-Lavine-Jabari-Lauri-Wendell... Looks promising IMO. Defensively not that great, but lots of talent.

No future superstar in that group but that will be fun to watch as long as they are healthy. Sometimes in the NBA if you are not going to be a contender just at least be exciting and fun to watch to give the fans hope and something to keep their attention till you can find that superstar.

• Like 1

Raptors are finalizing a deal to acquire Kawhi Leonard. Trade includes DeMar DeRozan (ESPN)

Interesting. The Spurs are my second favorite team. Perhaps Pop can a consistent performance out of Derozan. Aldridge probably needs to go as well. 

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Interesting. The Spurs are my second favorite team. Perhaps Pop can a consistent performance out of Derozan. Aldridge probably needs to go as well. 

Pop’s coaching relationship with Aldridge has improved since their first year. He’s probably back. 

The San Antonio Spurs have agreed to trade Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to the Toronto Raptorsfor DeMar DeRozanJakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Toronto's first-round pick to San Antonio is a protected 1-20 selection. After one year, it becomes two second-round picks.

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I would say he is a consistent performer. He just is not a superstar. 5 straight seasons of 20 ppg or more in the regular season and playoffs.  Pop absolutely finessed them in this deal. They got a legit all star level player who is under contract for at least 2 more seasons for a guy most likely to be a rental. No other team was close to offering a player as good as demar for fear of kawhi leaving. Good on pop to wait and get the absolutely most he could of in a deal with someone. Demar gets to go to the team who has the best shooting coach in the game and can most help him in trying to get that elusive 3 point shot in his arsenal. Right now he is just Mid Range Jesus jr. Just remember Kawhi as great as he is only has 2 total seasons of 20 ppg or more in his entire career.

Edited by GwillMac6

• Like 1