NBA Thread

aujeff11

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Really happy he is wearing Celtic green. 

I REALLY REALLY hate he is wearing Celtic green! lol. But if your happy then that is good enough for muhhhhhh fammy!!! haha.

• Love 1

On 10/16/2019 at 7:45 AM, Zeek said:

If only the Orlando Magic could be relevant 

Fultz + Chuma + Air Gordon + Isaac + Mo is a nice core to build around IMO

I like Vucci Mane but he's going to stunt Bamba's growth IMO. I get he wasn't ready to take the starting spot just yet and Vuc needed to be paid but it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I do think the Magic make the playoffs again this year though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Fultz + Chuma + Air Gordon + Isaac + Mo is a nice core to build around IMO

I like Vucci Mane but he's going to stunt Bamba's growth IMO. I get he wasn't ready to take the starting spot just yet and Vuc needed to be paid but it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I do think the Magic make the playoffs again this year though

BROTHER. We have to have a discussion. JUST. LET. FULTZ. GO. He is never going to live up to the hype of being the first person taken in the draft!!!! lol. He is a flat out bust who has a more broken shot than Horace Spencer!!!! hahaha. He is not a nice anything to build around! lol

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 2

Thoughts? Seems like the biggest issue people have is Jokic being picked over Embiid. I love great passers so Jokic is one of my favorite players in the entire league. Here's the breakdown:

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

BROTHER. We have to have a discussion. JUST. LET. FULTZ. GO. He is never going to live up to the hype of being the first person taken in the draft!!!! lol. He is a flat out bust who has a more broken shot than Horace Spencer!!!! hahaha. He is not a nice anything to build around! lol

hahahah he's coming bro!!! As a Magic/Chuma fan now I must be ALL IN on the Fultz hype!!! He doesn't need to be a #1 overall pick type of guy just a serviceable PG. He's super athletic and very quick at his size which can mitigate that jump shot of his. Speaking of his J he's been improving I've been following the videos he actually took a few jumpers this summer LOLOL.

The kid got a triple double without his strong side shoulder in Philly. He just needs to find his role and even with his awful deficiency he can still be a good floor general. I know we will never see eye to eye on this you've been telling me to give it up for a while now but I will not relent!!!!!

Unless Chuma gets traded 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Thoughts? Seems like the biggest issue people have is Jokic being picked over Embiid. I love great passers so Jokic is one of my favorite players in the entire league. Here's the breakdown:

I REALLY REALLY want to disagree but I genuinely cannot. Even though I DESPISE 2 players in this top 5. I would say if KD was healthy he would be the best SF. But he is not. And most likely will never get back to the form he was before the worst possible injury you can have as a basketball player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

hahahah he's coming bro!!! As a Magic/Chuma fan now I must be ALL IN on the Fultz hype!!! He doesn't need to be a #1 overall pick type of guy just a serviceable PG. He's super athletic and very quick at his size which can mitigate that jump shot of his. Speaking of his J he's been improving I've been following the videos he actually took a few jumpers this summer LOLOL.

The kid got a triple double without his strong side shoulder in Philly. He just needs to find his role and even with his awful deficiency he can still be a good floor general. I know we will never see eye to eye on this you've been telling me to give it up for a while now but I will not relent!!!!!

Unless Chuma gets traded 😉

hahahaah so basically you are saying is the former number 1 overall pick you are hopeful that he will become...... A ROLE PLAYER?!??!?! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN how the mighty have fallen!!!! He is not even close to being better than the starting PG DJ Augustine at this point. It just is extremely hard for a guard in todays NBA to be productive and be a NEGATIVE asset as a three point shooter. You got to really really be great at a lot of other things to make a difference. Say like a BRODIE!!!!!! That is why I do not think Lonzo Ball will ever make a huge dent in the league. Lonzo would be a perfect for the the 90's NBA!!! But anyways back to Fultz. Who is a better shooter?! Fultz or Ben Simmons?!?! hahahaha. 

The Magic were in a tough position they had to give big money to Nikola and T Ross. Even though they probaly should not have. But they had no choice. It was the only way to stay competitive. But it also screams JOE JOHNSON AND JOSH SMITH ERA HAWKS NBA PURGATORY is their future! lol.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I REALLY REALLY want to disagree but I genuinely cannot. Even though I DESPISE 2 players in this top 5. I would say if KD was healthy he would be the best SF. But he is not. And most likely will never get back to the form he was before the worst possible injury you can have as a basketball player. 

It's hard to argue the list really. I think most people have a problem with Embiid being behind Jokic here but it's pretty damn close. Embiid's reliability in terms of health is hurting him here too I think.

I don't want Harden being rewarded with his BS by being put on this list though. I hate that he's so freaking talented yet so much of his game is predicated on deceiving the refs. Like he's so damn good, he doesn't need to resort to that! 

For the record I think we see scorched earth Lebron this year. I think he's going to blow everyone out of the water with how disrespected he's been over the last year

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaah so basically you are saying is the former number 1 overall pick you are hopeful that he will become...... A ROLE PLAYER?!??!?! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN how the mighty have fallen!!!! He is not even close to being better than the starting PG DJ Augustine at this point. It just is extremely hard for a guard in todays NBA to be productive and be a NEGATIVE asset as a three point shooter. You got to really really be great at a lot of other things to make a difference. Say like a BRODIE!!!!!! That is why I do not think Lonzo Ball will ever make a huge dent in the league. Lonzo would be a perfect for the the 90's NBA!!! But anyways back to Fultz. Who is a better shooter?! Fultz or Ben Simmons?!?! hahahaha. 

The Magic were in a tough position they had to give big money to Nikola and T Ross. Even though they probaly should not have. But they had no choice. It was the only way to stay competitive. But it also screams JOE JOHNSON AND JOSH SMITH ERA HAWKS NBA PURGATORY is their future! lol.

LOL yes IMO he can be a role player for the Magic because they gave up one garbage Jonathan Simmons and a 2nd round pick if I'm not mistaken for him. For Philly he needed to live up to the #1 pick hype. For the Magic he can just be who he becomes IMO. I mean the other options are Michael Carter-Williams or DJ Augustin. He's going to need time I'm not giving up on him yet!! I'm very curious to see how he does this season.

And I'm going with Ben Simmons as the better shooter he's at least made a 3 pointer LOL yeah so what if it was against a Chinese team in the pre-season?

You may be right, NBA purgatory is in the Magic's future but they have so many key pieces that are really young maybe they can develop into something in 2 years. Bamba/Chuma/Fultz/Isaac are all like 21 or younger I think. Gordon is only 23. The potential is there, but I think if Fultz finds himself it can unlock the whole damn thing for them. But Vucevic can't be your offensive leader if you're trying to be good IMO. He's a sold, solid player but he ain't gonna lead you to anything.

Magic bring back everyone from a young team that made the playoffs for the first time since Dwight Howard was on the Magic so if they can build off of that maybe they can be a threat in a weak East in a few years. I'm not sure how I feel about Steve Clifford though.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's hard to argue the list really. I think most people have a problem with Embiid being behind Jokic here but it's pretty damn close. Embiid's reliability in terms of health is hurting him here too I think.

I don't want Harden being rewarded with his BS by being put on this list though. I hate that he's so freaking talented yet so much of his game is predicated on deceiving the refs. Like he's so damn good, he doesn't need to resort to that! 

For the record I think we see scorched earth Lebron this year. I think he's going to blow everyone out of the water with how disrespected he's been over the last year

HAHAHAHAHHA you and @Maverick.AU should start a group chat about hating Hardens game!!! baahahaha. Hey man the refs have all come to a agreement of OK OK harden you can get away with this knick knack paddywhack BS in the regular season but come the playoffs?!?! YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!!!!!!! He is one of the best iso players EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is painful to watch unless you just really love to see free throw shooting drills basically which is all a harden game entails! lol 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LOL yes IMO he can be a role player for the Magic because they gave up one garbage Jonathan Simmons and a 2nd round pick if I'm not mistaken for him. For Philly he needed to live up to the #1 pick hype. For the Magic he can just be who he becomes IMO. I mean the other options are Michael Carter-Williams or DJ Augustin. He's going to need time I'm not giving up on him yet!! I'm very curious to see how he does this season.

And I'm going with Ben Simmons as the better shooter he's at least made a 3 pointer LOL yeah so what if it was against a Chinese team in the pre-season?

You may be right, NBA purgatory is in the Magic's future but they have so many key pieces that are really young maybe they can develop into something in 2 years. Bamba/Chuma/Fultz/Isaac are all like 21 or younger I think. Gordon is only 23. The potential is there, but I think if Fultz finds himself it can unlock the whole damn thing for them. But Vucevic can't be your offensive leader if you're trying to be good IMO. He's a sold, solid player but he ain't gonna lead you to anything.

Magic bring back everyone from a young team that made the playoffs for the first time since Dwight Howard was on the Magic so if they can build off of that maybe they can be a threat in a weak East in a few years. I'm not sure how I feel about Steve Clifford though.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE the playoffs EXPOSED Nikola man!!!! IT WAS BRUTAL!!!! I know they played the champs but he was just absolutely atrocious man!!! The playoffs is what really seperates the TOP TIER stars from just the guys who can put up stats in the regular season when most teams are going half ass for 3 quarters. THE REAL superstars are able to go get that 25 points even when everyone is geared up to 1000000x on defense for a whole series and the whole gameplan is geared to stopping you and they are not on the second night of a back to back and have not had time to scout you in the lab. 

Nikola averaged 11, 8 in the playoffs last year. shot 36% from the field and 23% from three. WOOOOOOOOOF.

• Sad 1

On 10/17/2019 at 2:38 PM, Tiger said:

I have a few disagreements with this list as I feel that everybody on here doesn't play the position they are listed at

-Every year I like to guess some players who I feel is coming and just some stuff that I don't hear many people say.

-All the rookie talk you don't hear too much about Garland.....he's a monster. Last year I made some posts about him and carsen Edwards and Ja Morant in our thread about other teams players.....all those guys are special. 

-Ja Morant is one of my favorite players and I'm thinking he'll be rookie of the year.

-Oh and people have forgotten about Michael Porter.....he's the closest thing to Kevin Durant, if he stays healthy he'll be in the running as best player in his generation. 

-Steph is going to show how much he sacrificed when Durant was on the team. Some people didn't realize what level he's really on because they couldn't see the greatness of him and Durant together. 

I have some more stuff but I have to wake up at 4 in the morning for work but I'll post more tomorrow. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

carsen Edwards

Even though he’s going to back up Kemba, I think he’s got the potential to be a sleeper pick for ROTY. He was a steal by Ainge. 

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

I have a few disagreements with this list as I feel that everybody on here doesn't play the position they are listed at

I guess the GMs had to slot them by position but I feel you. Giannis plays a lot of 3 and Harden a lot of PG. I'm digging how fluid the positions are these days

• Like 1

@GwillMac6 thoughts on the Brown extension?

Well worth your 20 minutes.  It is really heartwarming to see him talk about Russ and OKC with a smile.

19 hours ago, aubearcat said:

@GwillMac6 thoughts on the Brown extension?

huyu.gif