NBA Thread

aujeff11

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Check that. He has had a rough 4th quarter. The whole team has been bad in the second half.

Atlanta sports curse is undefeated. SMH. That game was there for the taking. Philly played like s***. Atlanta played worse. 

• Like 1

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Atlanta sports curse is undefeated. SMH. That game was there for the taking. Philly played like s***. Atlanta played worse. 

It was awful to watch. If I'm not mistaken, they could have won just by hitting 75% of their free throws. Don't love their chances in Philly.

Oh, and Joel Embiid is a big whiny bully baby. Wish he was on my team but he's not so he's a punk beeyatch.

• Thanks 1

Well, heck, I like my crow served medium with a bit of Tabasco...Bucks came through in a big way on the road tonight. Glad to see them do it, too.

• Thanks 1

If I played for the nets, everybody would have to hold me back to stop me from beating Joe Harris ass

• Haha 1

So much for home court advantage...big ups to the Hawks.

Philly...woof. That team as structured isn't winning anything important. You can't have a point guard/forward/whatever Simmons is that you can't play down the stretch because he's such a liability.

First time since 1994 that neither top seed made even the conference finals (Hawks were the 1 seed in the East that year, ironically enough). Going to be a fun finish. 👍

Edited by SLAG-91
Research
  • Like 1

Happy for my brodie and lifelong die hard ATL sports fanatic @McLoofus!!!!! CONGRATS FAMMY!!!! 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Happy for my brodie and lifelong die hard ATL sports fanatic @McLoofus!!!!! CONGRATS FAMMY!!!! 

Dude. That was so un-ATL-like. What do I do with my hands?!?!? A father's day miracle!

The playoffs have been fantastic in general! 

• Haha 1

People talked about Lonzo Ball's shot needing to be fixed, and it did, and he's improved. Simmons is at that point and beyond, even.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but damn, you can look at Simmons' FT stroke and see how jacked up it is...and he went from poor to awful from the line in the postseason.

There is no excuse whatsoever for an NBA player to be as bad as he was from the line...I mean, hell, even Andre Drummond and Ben Wallace look at his postseason FT numbers and say "damn, you sucked more than me."

Fix the FT shooting and he'll be more assertive offensively. That will be as much of a mental fix as a physical one, because it's almost impossible to be LESS assertive offensively...got scared to shoot because he was in the tank mentally from the line.

• Like 1

What a crazy-assed ending to that game tonight...wow.

• Like 1

I think we can all relate to the Bucks and they’re incompetence at the head coach position. Coach not making adjustments and making stupid, befuddled faces when it doesn’t work. Also skating by when he should’ve been fired last year and this year getting by a talented squad only to then end the season in a dud.

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I think we can all relate to the Bucks and they’re incompetence at the head coach position. Coach not making adjustments and making stupid, befuddled faces when it doesn’t work. Also skating by when he should’ve been fired last year and this year getting by a talented squad only to then end the season in a dud.

Why you trying to jinx the Hawk's bruh?! It's 1 game!! 😂😂. @McLoofus this dude is playing with fire teasing the ATL sports curse like this fam!!! Lol

• Love 1

I hate Beverly so much ever since he intentionally tore Westbrook’s knee up.  In 10 years no one will remember this guy.  

Phoenix and Milwaukee. 

I wonder how much a $10 wager in the preseason on this as your Finals matchup would have paid...

Looking forward to this matchup-wise, but am wondering just how healthy Giannis will be for this series. I'd lean toward Phoenix winning right now. It's not like either team has a Finals experience advantage over the other.

Stephen A and company, the flights to PHX and MKE aren't that bad. 😁

Last time Phoenix was in the Finals, 1993, the Internet was still very much a niche commodity.

Last time Milwaukee was in the Finals, 1974, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was still Lew Alcindor, and the NBA was headed toward the ratings desert in a few years.

It's hard to imagine NBA Finals games not being broadcast live, but that's exactly what was happening in the late 70s and early 80s. Here's a short read about it.

Magic vs. Dr. J on tape delay? Yep...

Giannis' block on the alley-oop to Ayton is on the medal stand for all-time great blocks...it doesn't have the series-deciding impact of Lebron's in 2016, but as an athletic feat, it's probably more impressive...from showing to get in front of Booker to turn and time up that alley-oop in one smooth motion and send it back clean...goodness.

Plus, without that block, the game is tied and who knows where it goes from there. The Bucks may not win this series, but they have hope now.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:24 PM, SLAG-91 said:

Giannis' block on the alley-oop to Ayton is on the medal stand for all-time great blocks...it doesn't have the series-deciding impact of Lebron's in 2016, but as an athletic feat, it's probably more impressive...from showing to get in front of Booker to turn and time up that alley-oop in one smooth motion and send it back clean...goodness.

Plus, without that block, the game is tied and who knows where it goes from there. The Bucks may not win this series, but they have hope now.

Going back to this, one could argue it was series deciding. Definitely swing the pendulum the other way.