NBA Thread

aujeff11

Hmmm...interesting hypothetical.

Phil's team has two bona fide killers on it (Kobe and Michael) and three of them were elite defenders.

Pat's team has tremendous offensive talent across the board, but I'm not sure how stout defensively they would be.

Peak Shaq vs. Peak Kareem would be something to see.

Yeah, I'd take Phil's team, too.

• 1 month later...

😱😱😱

On 1/10/2022 at 4:25 AM, aubearcat said:

😱😱😱

🙌👌🤯

Man… I miss Steven Adams as a part of OKC.  My favorite center playing today.  Genuinely good person.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I haven't seen a single NBA game yet this year.  That highlight of Ja got me pumped.  I'm going to have to watch one of their games. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I haven't seen a single NBA game yet this year.  That highlight of Ja got me pumped.  I'm going to have to watch one of their games. 

Indeed 

The Lakers seem like they want to dump Westbrook.  The only team that has enough cap space to take him?  COME HOME TO OKC BRODIE!

1138761420.jpeg

In today’s ESPN mock nba draft:

#3 Jabari Smith to the 🚀 

#30 Walker Kessler to the OKC Thunder

#44 Allen Flanagan to the Warriors 

I’m curious how WK and AF would choose about staying or going if not in the lottery or at least close to the lottery. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

15 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Ended up with 42

Wow 👌 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:55 PM, abw0004 said:

The Lakers seem like they want to dump Westbrook.  The only team that has enough cap space to take him?  COME HOME TO OKC BRODIE!

1138761420.jpeg

I'd be interested to know what incentive does OKC have on taking him back? A horrible contract at that. Russ has a player option for over 40+ million. Better believe he's going to op into that. I think the Lakers are stuck with him for another year.

16 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'd be interested to know what incentive does OKC have on taking him back? A horrible contract at that. Russ has a player option for over 40+ million. Better believe he's going to op into that. I think the Lakers are stuck with him for another year.

I think it is more for sentimental reasons.  It seems like everyone is down on Russell at the moment but OKC fans absolutely adore him and stand by him since he stood by OKC.  With as many draft picks as Pokemon cards that I had as a kid, this team hopefully will develop in a year or two with Josh Giddy and Alexander.

Also, if we take Westrbook's contract off of the Lakers, I am sure they will also send us either cash or picks as well.  We did that to offload Melo's contract to the Hawks.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think it is more for sentimental reasons.  It seems like everyone is down on Russell at the moment but OKC fans absolutely adore him and stand by him since he stood by OKC.  With as many draft picks as Pokemon cards that I had as a kid, this team hopefully will develop in a year or two with Josh Giddy and Alexander.

Also, if we take Westrbook's contract off of the Lakers, I am sure they will also send us either cash or picks as well.  We did that to offload Melo's contract to the Hawks.

I get the sentimental reasons. But the Lakers only have one pick to to send with Russ. They were not willing to give it away before the trade deadline this year to get rid of him. The Lakers don't own a 1st round pick until maybe 2025 because of the AD Pelicans trade. Pelicans will own one of the Lakers 2024 or 2025 first round picks. They don't have any draft picks to put with Russ. The Lakers will not know until 2024 if the Pels will take their 1st pick for the year 2024 or 2025 as they get to choose which year to do so. 

I don't think 2nd round picks to the Pels is enough to take Russ contract. Lakers want a star back. They likely will need to involve a 3rd team. I doubt there's many teams that want to help the Lakers but we shall see. 

OKC benefits in no way of taking Russ back now. After next year they can get him to come back to OKC for a lot less than 40+ million that's he's going to opt into.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

OKC benefits in no way of taking Russ back now. After next year they can get him to come back to OKC for a lot less than 40+ million that's he's going to opt into.

Don't ruin my dream!

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Don't ruin my dream!

lol. My bad! I do think it would be a good idea for him to go back to OKC though. 

• Haha 1

when Time Lord comes back…Cs are a for real contender to win it all. 

• Like 1