NBA Thread

aujeff11

• Like 2

This isn't a told you so post as I'm not saying it's been proven I'm right but I'm just pointing out how this really started here.

But anyway @abw0004 years ago we argued about Steph curry and Kevin Durant and now years later it's a point of discussion on every major sport network. I'm just saying people can find quality stuff on these forums and this is tooting my horn a bit but I really believe that I say and point stuff out that at the time may be controversial but turns out to be legitimate and quality thoughts.

Like I said I'm not trying to self promote too much I just can't help but to think and notice as the finals continue and you see the themes of what every major news outlet talk about.

“ Let’s go Celtics” 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻☘️☘️☘️

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

This whole, wait 3 or 4 days between NBA finals games is absurd.  Can't be good for audience ratings. Well it could cause some to lose interest for instance.

Edited by AUBwins

I might do a write up and talk about all the different ways that Steph curry impacts the game that many may not see, and how he's even better than you think. He's the engine to make engine to make everything go

• Like 1

What they going to say now? Steph curry one of the greatest players to ever play and to make it perfect had a very strong defensive performance in the finals. Carried the team. Other guys are falling off, he's getting better. 🐏

• Like 2

There is no doubt in my mind that Steph Curry qualifies as a generational player. He has unlimited range on his 3 point shot that he shoots at a high percentage. He is able to pull up on a drive and sink his shot, he has a great handle and can beat a player off the dribble and  get to the rim and finish or find an open player.  What I described above is just how he impacts the game offensively. Offense is what most people see but as great as he is offensively he is a complete player he has great on ball defensive capabilities, he plays the passing lanes like he has ESP and knows where the pass is going before the passer does.  He can board when he needs to.  The final piece of the pie and probably the most important is that he is a leader that his team looks to. He can fire up his team and the crowd. He can finish off an opponent with a dagger 3 point shot when it is needed, but most importantly is he makes all the players around him better. 

As far as I am concerned he is in the same class as Jordan, Byrd, Magic, Lebron, etc. as to his impact in leading his team to Championships. 

• Like 3

Been a Warrior fan since 1974 when we had Rick Barry and Nate Thurmond. Nate av. 20 rebounds /20 pts per game for a few seasons. Fun to watch

• Like 2

I will go as far to say that Steph has clearly shown to be the best teammate and leader of this generation of basketball

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

I will go as far to say that Steph has clearly shown to be the best teammate and leader of this generation of basketball

I will also add to that and say he is a great role model off of the court too.  Seems to be a great husband, father, and brother.  I don’t think he has ever been in the news for a negative reason.  Even when he is upset on the court, it really isn’t that bad.  The worst thing he ever did was throw his mouthpiece.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:20 AM, aubearcat said:

I was really rooting for you guys to win man.  It was incredibly frustrating to see all of those unforced turnovers.  It was dumb turnovers too.  If they had been better focused and taken those turnovers away they are champions.

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I was really rooting for you guys to win man.  It was incredibly frustrating to see all of those unforced turnovers.  It was dumb turnovers too.  If they had been better focused and taken those turnovers away they are champions.

Indeed 😔

Just wait until Golden st gets Wiseman going. They won without an athletic shotblocker and finisher

On 6/19/2022 at 4:45 PM, cole256 said:

Just wait until Golden st gets Wiseman going. They won without an athletic shotblocker and finisher

And don't sleep on Kuminga. If he can learn some things on D from Draymond, he'll be a powerhouse. 

• 3 weeks later...

Banchero outplayed Jabari significantly in the part I watched. I watched the first quarter.  Banchero looked really good, crisp and made multiple wow plays.  Finished with 18. Jabari had 10 points I read.  He missed catch and shoot 3 in first.  He seemed to have settled in more late. First NBA game handles differently for everyone.  But on night 1 looks like Orlando is pleased with their selection. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Banchero outplayed Jabari significantly in the part I watched. I watched the first quarter.  Banchero looked really good, crisp and made multiple wow plays.  Finished with 18. Jabari had 10 points I read.  He missed catch and shoot 3 in first.  He seemed to have settled in more late. First NBA game handles differently for everyone.  But on night 1 looks like Orlando is pleased with their selection. 

Banchero did very well overall. Jabari looked a little timid in first half but seemed more comfortable in second

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bill and MJ = 1A & 1B.