KS - He's fine but a job jumper

HH - Job Jumper

RG - I can live with him

GB - He's okay

TH - I like him but his connection is Arkansas

LP - I like him but his connection is Arkansas State

TW - Doing a good job but again basically a high school coach

KB - A WR coach...what? Connection is Arkansas State and recent former player

RR - Time for a change at strength and conditioning - Connection is Arkansas State

Too many high school coaches and connections to Arkansas/Arkansas State - Auburn should not be a training ground for coaches. I think for the most part that's where we are now. My 2 cents FWIW!

Great

Travis Williams

Kevin Steele

Rodney Garner (major improvements last couple of years out of him)

Good

Tim Horton (is he really responsible for ST's?...keeps him from the great category)

Greg Brown

Chip Lindsey (could be in the Meh category...not sure where he ends and Gus begins)

Meh

Larry Porter (we have TE's?)

Ryan Russell (Awful lot of injuries)

Get em Out of Here

Kodi Burns

Herb Hand

Gus

24 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Great

Travis Williams

Kevin Steele

Good

Tim Horton (is he really responsible for ST's?...keeps him from the great category)

Greg Brown

Chip Lindsey (could be in the Meh category...not sure where he ends and Gus begins)

Meh

Get em Out of Here

Kodi Burns

Herb Hand

Gus

I would move Greg Brown to the great category. His DB's are playing better than last  year. Injuries are starting to affect DB play but he inherited most of these guys and all are playing better than previous year. Only time will tell if he is a top notch recruiter and this is a tough year to be recruiting for Auburn,

1 hour ago, Apraser99 said:

KS - He's fine but a job jumper

Is "Job Jumper" really correct?

Wasn't he fired from LSU and Clemson? And semi-fired/demoted at Alabama? Fired from Baylor?

8 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

That's 4 of his 13 stops....yeah he's a jumper!

13 stops in 38 years of coaching.  Most people on here think 13 stops is a lot, but reality is when you have been doing something for almost 40 years then once every 4-5 years is not that big of a deal.  Especially based on the turnover of head coaches.

Greg Brown is a job jumper. I wouldn’t call Kevin Steele one though. Regardless, I just don’t foresee this staff being here next year. There will be a lot of changes at the end of the year.

You lost me at saying "I can live with Rodney Garner".  He's universally recognized as one of the best d-line coaches in the country and you're saying "Sure, I guess he's fine".   Devil's breakdown is much more realistic and fair.  I still think CL is a dang good coordinator, but Gus is killing any chance of showing that.

Devil's breakdown is his opinion. My post was info taken from bios and my opinion. I like RG. He is one of the few I would like to see stay. You read more into my comment about Garner than what was there. At any rate, it is time for change.

RG was an offensive lineman in college.   He is a hard nosed coach. But if it were me, I would prefer a hard nosed coach that has actually played the position and knows little tricks of the trade.

KB is a question mark hire to me. But seems like this staff could've gone all the way with this team, if their HC would just walk off and have a cigarrette. 

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Is "Job Jumper" really correct?

Wasn't he fired from LSU and Clemson? And semi-fired/demoted at Alabama? Fired from Baylor?

I don’t think Steele was fired from LSU (definitely from Clemson). Think he took a lateral to AU

I am ok with the entire D staff too, but  I would not want a new HC to be made to keep them if that new HC was not comfortable with them. To me, TWill would be the one on the D staff that I would hate to lose the most.

Horton is the only one on the O staff  worth keeping and that includes Gus of course.

wde

21 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

KB is a question mark hire to me. But seems like this staff could've gone all the way with this team, if their HC would just walk off and have a cigarrette. 

He has walked off and had multiple illegal cigarettes evidently.  Halftime Saturday.  Every practice before last years Clemson game, how else do you explain that 5 quarterback joke.  Heck that cigarette may have been laced with other hallucinogens.  

1 hour ago, Apraser99 said:

Devil's breakdown is his opinion. My post was info taken from bios and my opinion. I like RG. He is one of the few I would like to see stay. You read more into my comment about Garner than what was there. At any rate, it is time for change.

I put my list out because I just wanted to look at it a different way...not so much as job hoppers or connections to arky, but as my perceived value to the program.  You're right...it's all opinions.

Can't really give Porter a "meh".  Its not his fault his position is never used.

D staff is elite. I would keep chip and porter and remove the rest from the O

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can't really give Porter a "meh".  Its not his fault his position is never used.

D staff is elite. I would keep chip and porter and remove the rest from the O

You would keep Chip? (Not being sarcastic) so you really feel he has not been allowed his full potential at any point? Again, no sarcasm here, real question.

Just now, BJCrawford said:

You would keep Chip? (Not being sarcastic) so you really feel he has not been allowed his full potential at any point? Again, no sarcasm here, real question.

I think if left alone and allowed play call his way, he would be very good.

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Great

Travis Williams

Kevin Steele

Good

Greg Brown

Meh

Get em Out of Here

Kodi Burns

Herb Hand

Gus

Archived