Kyle Davis (update)

Awbee

It is a shame.  I wish him the best, and I hope he can pull himself together because he is a talented player with the size/skillset for the NFL.  Onwards and upwards!

Watch him goto FSU and turn himself into a 1st rounder. 

Of course hopefully he can manage being asked to run more than 1 route

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Watch him goto FSU and turn himself into a 1st rounder. 

Of course hopefully he can manage being asked to run more than 1 route

Hopefully he can manage to behave himself off the field.

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

top tier receiver

"prospect"....and unfortunately....not too much of that either at this point.   A shame he could not get past his problems but sounds like AU game him more than ample opportunity.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

"prospect"....and unfortunately....not too much of that either at this point.   A shame he could not get past his problems but sounds like AU game him more than ample opportunity.

You could ask most anybody who's seen Kyle Davis play and get an unbiased response that he's elite 

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

We got enough blame for Gus. I don't think this can be put on him. 

Exactly. A player's personal problems and demons are in no way his fault.

14 minutes ago, KerryThachWDE said:

I wonder if this is from his live post on instagram the other day?

What happened on his live post? 

32 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

Exactly. A player's personal problems and demons are in no way his fault.

I am guessing that in  most situations like this the player has brought their problems with them to AU....and some are just not solvable in the environment of college...or a sports team.  

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I am guessing that in  most situations like this the player has brought their problems with them to AU....and some are just not solvable in the environment of college...or a sports team.  

Totally agree. I'm very quick to give a player the benefit of the doubt, but 95% of our kids are able to stay out of trouble. Gus keeps a good locker room. 

The 2011-2012 situation was different. Chizik did not keep a good locker room. That's what it looks like when you have a leadership problem. 

Man, AU could put together a very competitive football team from the collection of kids who have been booted or decided to leave for greener pastures.  Next man up, I suppose.  Apparently he thought himself irreplaceable.  Hope he gets his crap together, but it sounds like he'd rather do other things than football.  I suspect he'll just be another "what could have been" player.  What I wouldn't give to have been blessed with the athletic talent these kids are blessed with!!  What a wasted opportunity.  Plenty of talent, but zero wisdom.  Too bad.    

Kinda lost in the drama of Kyle Davis are the numerous injuries to important players....which  are impacting the team in serious ways on both sides of the ball.

Dunn out for Arky, sounds like Tre and Tray also to mention a few.... and KP seems like he might be out too....just from an ability to help the offense (outside of blocking for JS). 

4 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Tally so far this season: two 5* and one 4* booted.    Great management.   

Plenty of blame can and should be put on Gus this season but these three you speak of, have little to nothing to do with coach management, and everything to do with un-met expectations and off the field problems!

All three of these players were given chance after chance and put in multiple situations to succeed, and they continued to fail. Mostly failed themselves.

Archived