Al Borges?

jAUSon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I don't get it, so I'm asking. Where does he fit into all this?

I said when Jay hired Al that Al would be the odd man out. Gus didn't want him.  Jay hired Al.  All Al does is break down game film. 

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I said when Jay hired Al that Al would be the odd man out. Gus didn't want him.  Jay hired Al.  All Al does is break down game film. 

which probably takes about 3 minutes lol

39 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

He doesn’t fit in when running the ball on first down, practically every first down, 3 quarters in a row, on the road in the SEC!

He doesn’t fit in when we are running zero quick release slants or curls over the middle!

He doesn’t fit in, when we’re not throwing the ball to a back out of the backfield or a 5 to 8 yard pass to a tight end or slotback over the middle.

Other than that, Al Borges is fitting in just fine.

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I forgot he was here. What a waste of resource by Gustav.  

could be he is actually working for Steele  as noted by Alexva above....seems that is where his experience would be valuable. Don't need any more confusion or fingers in the offensive "pie".

An al borges system with our athletes and stidham would be crushing opponents.  Al would have every receiver involved.

makes me ill thinking about what we are missing out on.

the bonus would be al’s shirts and his pressers 

35 minutes ago, AU64 said:

could be he is actually working for Steele  as noted by Alexva above....seems that is where his experience would be valuable. Don't need any more confusion or fingers in the offensive "pie".

He breaks down opposing defenses film, has nothing to do with Steele. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

He breaks down opposing defenses film, has nothing to do with Steele. 

He must just be doing the first half ?

3 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Wondering,

Glad you asked?

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

An al borges system with our athletes and stidham would be crushing opponents.  Al would have every receiver involved.

makes me ill thinking about what we are missing out on.

the bonus would be al’s shirts and his pressers 

I'm with you. Coaches dream of a team with this much talent. 

2 hours ago, CR said:

So he's like Cam Martin and Craig-Myers. Talented but basically useless under Gus's reign.

Why stop there.....Martin, Myers, McClain, Barrett, Pettway at H-Back, Miller, Jalen Harris, Larry Porter, Al Borges and Chip Lindsey all useless and development stricken under the grand tutelage of the mighty Gus. 

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I said when Jay hired Al that Al would be the odd man out. Gus didn't want him.  

Is this a fact or just rumor and speculation?

So my question for all of you in the know ........why would the powers that be not cut ties?  And I’m not talking about lame duck JJ.......what is the down side?? I think that is where I’m most frustrated. Could it actually be worse if he were not here? I don’t think so. I realize I am being simplistic and have zero knowledge of what goes on (I live out west for heavens sake!) . What would you say are the top two or three reasons they would have for not cutting him loose now? I’ll hang up and listen.

3 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Why stop there.....Martin, Myers, McClain, Barrett, Pettway at H-Back, Miller, Jalen Harris, Larry Porter, Al Borges and Chip Lindsey all useless and development stricken under the grand tutelage of the mighty Gus. 

And to add to all this it takes Gus about half the season to determine what the philosophy on offense will be, and who plays what position. 

And on going conservitude on offense comes this little nugget from Gus the Great: "That can't happen again, it won't happen again." Until the next time the situation arises then Gus the Great will once again have trouble pulling his head out of his A$$.

Archived