Gus still claiming that Chip runs all the plays

WFE12

He is insulting each and every fan's intelligence! He lied once already about pettway and pretty sure he's lied about other stuff. There's no freaking way Chip has called every single play. How long does Chip last?

Chip may be calling the plays but he is calling the plays Gus tells him to call.  There is no way that what we saw in the final 3 quarters against LSU was Lindsey's offense.  There was no resemblance to a Lindsey offense. 

So as a HC, you're gonna sit there and watch that display and not call the OC and tell him to fix it? Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

I really don't care who is calling the plays, Gus is the head coach and is responsible for the product on the field.

Lashlee has UConn ranked 49th in total offense. They were like 108th last year and really bad several years before.

I'd say he made a smart move getting away from Gus "Run up the middle and Punt" Malzahn.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So as a HC, you're gonna sit there and watch that display and not call the OC and tell him to fix it? Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

That’s exactly right, Bird!  Gus is a complete fraud and a serial liar.  Please, AU powers to be, do something about this clown. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

@WFE12 think you missed the joke...or I'm just bad at sarcasm. 

No lol I understoood the sarcasm. I facepalmed because I wouldn't be surprised if that was true..facepalming at Gus

Two options:

1. Gus is lying about Chip calling all of the plays; or

2. Chip really is calling all of the plays and Gus hired a moron to be the offensive coordinator.

Neither of those options puts Gus in a good light.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

haha I don't know, mutual understanding, something like that. 

Hmm...who's randy savage and who's hulk?

This is an example of why I stopped listening to Gus’ press conferences.  What he meant to say was “I’ve been doing the same thing all the time (the only completely true statement in the quote).  Chip’s calling the plays (leaving out; I tell him to run).  He’s a heck of an OC (leaving out; as long as he does what I tell him to do).”

You just have to know how to interpret his coach speak.

51 minutes ago, hqsi99 said:

Two options:

1. Gus is lying about Chip calling all of the plays; or

2. Chip really is calling all of the plays and Gus hired a moron to be the offensive coordinator.

Neither of those options puts Gus in a good light.

3. Chip is "calling" all of the plays ... in Gus' Offense. (Run up the middle, wildcat, throw deep).

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

He's telling the truth. Chip is allowed to choose whichever run on first down that he wants to. 

As long as it straight up the gut.

Chip is calling plays under Gus' direction. I watched ucon and they were out matched but offensively competent. Looks like our offense with better play selection and a more athletic qb. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Fix what?  He was already running the ball on 1st and 2nd down.

I swear, sometimes I think you guys don't understand Gus' Desperation Turtle offense at all...  :-\

5 hours ago, kd4au said:

I really don't care who is calling the plays, Gus is the head coach and is responsible for the product on the field.

This is so true.  I don't think any of us can really state facts about who is calling the plays, but it's basically irrelevant.  I don't care who is calling the plays, I care about results.

If Gus IS calling the plays he should remember why he hired Chip and allow him to do his job.

If Chip isn't calling the plays, it's well within Gus's rights (and responsibility) as a HC to correct the issue.

Ultimately it's Gus's job to get this back under control.

How is he a heck of an OC with the offense not performing as well as it should to finish ball games?

How is he a heck of an OC when the whole world is laughing and confused at the offensive play call?

I don’t know but I think that may be a low blow at chip. 

Archived