Weekly Presser - Arkansas

RunInRed

54 minutes ago, CR said:

These players are in an awful position. It's terrible to watch

^This. I feel terrible for the players.  After watching the Gus interview I see a guy who is done. No emotion, no fire, no defense of his players.  And he continues to blame the players for "lack of execution."  Kuddos to the reporter that was really busting his chops about how the play-calling looks exactly like last years and doesn't resemble Rhett Lashlee's UConn offense, nor Chip Lindsay's Arizona St offense. He almost sounds like a guy who  doesn't want to be here any longer. 

Auburn WR Nate Craig-Myers: "Coach Burns tells us a lot, when you don't get the ball, what does that tell you?" #MGMAuburn

He won't let it happen again lol. Aside from upcoming ULM, this man has seen the last 20 point lead of his Auburn carreer. Chip this, Chip that-  the lying needs to stop.

14 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

We just lost to a team that was beaten by Troy at night in Tiger Stadium....Let that sink in.

Ya know, we let them of the hook... But it won't happen again. We're going to hold a lead like we did against UGA in 2013 and FSU in the NC, and Bama the next year... Oh wait

Horse feces, here's the dude that wrote the book on HUNH and now won't run it. Plus he wont take what the D is giving. What is all that ? He reminds me of the Dye days, get a lead and squat and then hold on and hope you don't get beat.. Going brain dead in the middle of a game isn't a good thing. Momentum was on the down right before the half and nothing is done to get it back. Then there is a big brouhaha about the 2007 Nat champs at halftime. It boggles the mind that someone could be paid that much money to freeze when the feces hits the oscillator. 

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Auburn WR Nate Craig-Myers: "Coach Burns tells us a lot, when you don't get the ball, what does that tell you?" #MGMAuburn

This was misconstrued. It was "When you don't get the ball, what are you doing?" (making blocks). 

9 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

This was misconstrued. It was "When you don't get the ball, what are you doing?" (making blocks). 

I didnt watch the video but the quote sounds like he means that you dont get the ball if you dont beat your man or do your job. He was misquoted? Wouldnt be the first time i read comments and the video was in sharp contrast.

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

I didnt watch the video but the quote sounds like he means that you dont get the ball if you dont beat your man or do your job. He was misquoted? Wouldnt be the first time i read comments and the video was in sharp contrast.

Yea skip to 0:37 on his interview. I think sometimes the media just likes their news a little spicier. 

Two things Gus said in the presser made me think he has totally lost it as head coach:

1.  He said blowing a big lead will “not” happen again.  He literally said it will “not” happen again.  Is he willing to bet his job on it?

2.  He basically  said he believes this team will improve and finish strong to the end season.  Has he already forgotten the last 3 seasons where he loses to his two biggest rivals before losing the bowl game (minus Bham bowl).  Why is he kidding himself?  Does he really believe what he is saying?  Because nobody else does.

Gus has shown no improvement as a head coach.  How can his team improve when he can’t?

So he turns it over to Lindsey and the offense comes out playing lights out Saturday and destroys Arkansas. Gus can not help himself and stay out of it. When the pressure is on to beat UGA or Bama.. Gus will rear his ugly head and run up the middle 25 straight times instead of 17. He is not going to change. Time to find a new HC. 

Auburn is in danger of letting LSU beat them again this weekend.

I can't fathom a coach letting a team "off the hook".

And we all saw it coming in the second quarter.

Gus, why did you let it happen, tell us your thought process?

I can't watch the presser, blood pressure would spike.  I am glad someone called him out on the play calling though.  Some of you have said he looked and sounded defeated and honestly why shouldn't he?  He knows the deal.  He knows his job is teetering on the brink.  Basically if he loses one of the next 2 he is done because he isn't going to beat both UGA and bama and probably neither which would give him his standard 4 or 5 losses.  I don't know what happened Saturday but I'm disappointed, sad, confused and borderline disinterested.  

We might beat Arkansas, depending on the team's mental state, and we should beat ULM.  So that would make us 7-5 and on our way to lose another bowl game against a team with a pulse.

12 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Two things Gus said in the presser made me think he has totally lost it as head coach:

1.  He said blowing a big lead will “not” happen again.  He literally said it will “not” happen again.  Is he willing to bet his job on it?

Semantics, semantics. He knows we wont ever get a 20-0 lead again. and then say hey guys we never blew that lead again at the end of the year. told ya. durk-a-der!

It was incredible hearing Crepea asking those questions. He freaking referenced Chips past offenses, Rhett's current offense at UConn, and Gus' history. He laid it all out there. And Gus gave the "well we have a certain philosophy. We are a run, play action, vertical team, Chip is here for more balance and we are more balanced you should throw that in there too"...BRUH that doesn't mean you roll out a caveman gameplan of running it up the middle 17 straight times. Yes we are passing more but ALL DEEP SHOTS. What a guy, I don't think he even wants to be here anymore because of all this pressure to get him out of calling the offense.

Counting FBS games only,  last year we averaged 22.2 pass attempts per game. This year we cranked it up to 22.5 per game.

Last year we passed on 31.3% of our plays.  This year its  32.4% of our plays. WAAAYYYYY more balanced, right?

BTW, as a comparison last year Chip at ASU: 48.2% pass    previous year at So Miss 50.9% pass

I don't know who is calling plays, but it's pretty clear whose philosophy we are following. And even if playcalling is Chip it's pretty clear he is being forced to operate way out of his comfort zone.

51 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Counting FBS games only,  last year we averaged 22.2 pass attempts per game. This year we cranked it up to 22.5 per game.

Last year we passed on 31.3% of our plays.  This year its  32.4% of our plays. WAAAYYYYY more balanced, right?

BTW, as a comparison last year Chip at ASU: 48.2% pass    previous year at So Miss 50.9% pass

I don't know who is calling plays, but it's pretty clear whose philosophy we are following. And even if playcalling is Chip it's pretty clear he is being forced to operate way out of his comfort zone.

Maybe someone should ask..

."the fans don't like your philosophy, what do you have to say"

Archived