Anger grows over Trump’s claims about past presidents and fallen troops

TitanTiger

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I think that could easily be said of most politicians in America today. They all paint their opponents as Evil. 

THEY ALL DO.

That's not true.  Show me an example of Obama doing that.   Or George W. Bush for that matter.

Trump is different.  His first reaction is to blame others in order to divert attention. 

On 10/17/2017 at 7:31 PM, TitanTiger said:

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich tells it like it is:

Another reason I don’t watch the NBA.  Greg is a angry liberal.

25 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Another reason I don’t watch the NBA.  Greg is a angry truthful liberal.

What so funny about this is that there's not one single thing in that statement by Popovich that is tied to being liberal or conservative.  Some of the things he said could have just as accurately been said about Bill Clinton or other Democratic politicians, and been lapped up and shared all over social media by the same sycophants that defend Trump at every turn. But because he's attacking someone's golden calf, he just gets dismissed and the content of what he says ignored.

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What so funny about this is that there's not one single thing in that statement by Popovich that is tied to being liberal or conservative.  Some of the things he said could have just as accurately been said about Bill Clinton or other Democratic politicians, and been lapped up and shared all over social media by the same sycophants that defend Trump at every turn. But because he's attacking someone's golden calf, he just gets dismissed and the content of what he says ignored.

True but Pop is def a liberal. Has voted Democrat, has donated to democrat candidates multiple times, and talks like a Democrat. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

True but Pop is def a liberal. Has voted Democrat, has donated to democrat candidates multiple times, and talks like a Democrat. 

I understand what he is.  I'm just pointing out that PUB78's response was not based on rejecting a liberal argument.  It was base on shooting the messenger, and that is not an acceptable rebuttal in this forum.

Regardless, Pop bashes Trump every chance that he gets. Can easily  see why others would call him a liberal.

41 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Regardless, Pop bashes Trump every chance that he gets. Can easily  see why others would call him a liberal.

I understand that.  But the terms of engagement in this forum are different than what might get said amongst someone and their buddies drinking beer.  "He's an angry liberal therefore I won't even attempt to address the content of what he said" won't fly here.

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's an angry liberal therefore I won't even attempt to address the content of what he said"

Did you really just put quotation marks around a statement that he didn’t even say? 

Let me help you, he said:

Another reason why I don’t watch the NBA. Greg is a angry liberal.

And, quite frankly, I don’t see why this statement cannot fly here. He merely gave his motivation for not watching the NBA. 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Did you really just put quotation marks around a statement that he didn’t even say? 

Let me help you, he said:

And, quite frankly, I don’t see why this statement cannot fly here. He merely gave his motivation for not watching the NBA. 

I wasn't attempting to quote him, I was summarizing an attitude.

He didn't engage what was said.  Because "liberal."  Even going with your take, at best he went off topic.  What was really implied here was that the ideas expressed were not worth engaging because Pop is a liberal.  Either way, such statements or sentiments are reserved for the smack forum, not this one.  Sorry if you disagree but it's not up for debate.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Even going with your take, at best he went off topic.  

Agreed

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

What was really implied here was that the ideas expressed were not worth engaging because Pop is a liberal.  

Not really. I’m sure he sometimes engages in discussions over what liberals say as well.  I could probably see him dismissing the shock of his content like: “well of course he said it, he’s an angry elf.” But have the last word, Titan. 

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Either way, such statements or sentiments are reserved for the smack forum, not this one.

Didn’t realize this was the regular forum. 

The overwhelming majority of the time, the "angry liberal" is making his or her claims based on factual evidence. ie. The actions that warranted this thread. And what's ridiculous is that the Trump conservatives just completely refuse to acknowledge the problem, based on who it's coming from, even if it's backed up by evidence.  So in their mind, it doesn't matter or even it's untrue that Trump made false and slanderous claims against past presidents, in public. Or it doesn't matter that he used fallen soldiers and their families as tool to make himself seem better than his predecessors. That doesn't matter, because it's anti Trump, so it can't be true. Un ****ing believable. And they call themselves true patriots and claim to support troops. I'll tell you one thing. I am a war veteran and Trump using my fallen brothers and sisters as a political tool against Obama offends me way more than an NFL player exercising their free speech to protest police brutality against black people. And it should offend everyone who calls themselves an American!  He's literally lying to our faces, nonstop, and you Trumpers are ok with it, because he's not a Democrat. 

23 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Let's expand on this, as it struck me that Trump has done more for the reputations if Bush and Obama than anyone else. 

Theyboth had at least a basic understanding of how the US government works, and they did both make efforts to work within its confines (with Obama being thwarted a lot). But there was never an impression that either of them did not respect the rule of law or the Constitution. There was never an impression that they were trying to feather their own nests, either.

In W's case, it has really been his demeanor since leaving office which has most impressed me. In this period, he has shown a level of character which, by way of contrast, remains totally absent in Dick Cheney. And one can (at least I can) see in Bush a real empathy for others which I've never seen in Rove. 

But Trump is never going to be reflective. He's never going to feel much empathy for others. He's never going to have "character" because that word and attribute refer to honesty, to transparency, to consistency, to dependability and to an innate sense of community membership.

For conservatives, has your opinion on Obama changed or evolved? 

Same for liberals, same question, only with W.

I liked Bush. it was maybe year 7-8 when the economy tanked and i finally became aware Iraq was a 2nd Vietnam we were misled about the need to invade that i got aggrivated.. after that i was critical of him but this effing moron we have now makes me appreciate W more now. He was a respectful human.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

AuJeff,

I guess we are just not the intellectual giant that Titan believes he is.

I tend to be a person of few words and direct statements. When you manage an organization, people and money, you don’t need to be too wordy.

12 hours ago, PUB78 said:

AuJeff,

I guess we are just not the intellectual giant that Titan believes he is.

I tend to be a person of few words and direct statements. When you manage an organization, people and money, you don’t need to be too wordy.

You're deflecting.

My responses to you have nothing to do with anyone's intellectual abilities or lack thereof.  It has everything to do with how to discuss subjects in here vs the Political Smack Talk forum.  If your thing is snippy one-liners or dismissing arguments out of hand because they come from the wrong source, stick to that venue.  If you want to join discussions over here, bring some game.  Engage the subject honestly.  That's it.

Your move, chief.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:34 AM, TitanTiger said:

You're deflecting.

My responses to you have nothing to do with anyone's intellectual abilities or lack thereof.  It has everything to do with how to discuss subjects in here vs the Political Smack Talk forum.  If your thing is snippy one-liners or dismissing arguments out of hand because they come from the wrong source, stick to that venue.  If you want to join discussions over here, bring some game.  Engage the subject honestly.  That's it.

Your move, chief.

Ah Titan. You validate my earlier statement.

On 10/19/2017 at 12:22 PM, TitanTiger said:

He is saying the same things many truthful, principled conservatives say.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

The overwhelming majority of the time, the "angry liberal" is making his or her claims  based on facts.

You are entitled to that opinion but I respectfully disagree. I guess your majority ignores all the fake news and constant attacks on Trump by the media.

Archived