KJ quote is surprising

CountStandya

In a video clip I just watched. KJ was quoted he doesn't get paid enough to talk play calling.Thought that was cool.

I like this guy ...at first I though he was an average back...but now I think he is coming to his own. He is a work horse.

Just now, aufan57 said:

With a college education

Are we not paying them for being a college athlete like all other schools....more than just an education. It isnt much but Auburn is paying more than just a scholarship. 

5 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Are we not paying them for being a college athlete like all other schools....more than just an education. It isnt much but Auburn is paying more than just a scholarship. 

Here is an article on the stipends paid for Cost of Attendance. Year old article

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/how-the-new-ncaa-player-stipends-are-impacting-sec-football-recruiting

Nah I didn't take it that way at all. I took at like ...look dude you know I can't talk about playing calling. He put some sassy on it with the payment talk...like tongue in cheek .

A lot more refreshing than...Player speak

10 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Hes a very sarcastic/joking guy. If you follow him on twitter youll see what i mean

Agreed. He’s a very likeable guy with a warm personality and coaches naturally gravitate toward him. And I’m sure he’s the same way with the women as well. 

:beer2:

1 minute ago, CountStandya said:

Nah I didn't take it that way at all. I took at like ...look dude you know I can't talk about playing calling. He put some sassy on it with the payment talk...like tongue in cheek .

A lot more refreshing than...Player speak

Agreed. I’ve probably seen it a thousand times- someone cuts their eyes toward me and then say “that’s not in my paygrade.”

KJ was obviously nicer than that but same concept applies.

10 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I use the "That problem is above my pay grade " all the time. 

Yeah I'm sure that's what he was trying to say, but it just came out wrong. If he actually said "that's above my pay grade" it would have sounded better. Either way, using it in an office setting can't be compared to using it as a college football player with today's NCAA. 

Where would we be without KJ right now?  He finds holes where there are no holes. He may not be the biggest, or fastest, or most durable, but the dude has a feel for the game and he's a fierce competitor and hard worker.  Give me more like him at other positions.

14 hours ago, aufan57 said:

With a college education

Have you ever been interested in buying a bridge? Because I have the PERFECT one for sale right now!

It's naive to think that we don't pay players. We are not alone in doing it (in fact, I would wager that the VAST majority of schools do), but I firmly believe that we have before, that we do no, and that we will continue to do so.

Archived