Arkansas score predictions.

alexava

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Are you kidding me?  After what happened last week, you're going to say that?!  This is a revenge game, we always play awful in Fayetteville, and look at what happened last week...  Not necessarily a recipe for success.

That's why we are here. To opine. Thx

29 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

Anybody pulling for the Hogs this week in hopes for a final straw??? 

No. As much as I dislike the situation we are in I will always pull for AU to win every game. 

45 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Unless Gus has completely lost the team, which is a possibility, Auburn wins on talent alone in this game. If not he will be fired and he knows it. Every game he is coaching for his job now. 

Gus could save his job by making 1 simple adjustment. Take off his headphones during the game. Coach off the field from Sun. to Sat. & stand on the sideline and watch Chip and Kevin coach during the game. I believe he is either too dumb or too stubborn or both to do this though.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Gus could save his job by making 1 simple adjustment. Take off his headphones during the game. Coach off the field from Sun. to Sat. & stand on the sideline and watch Chip and Kevin coach during the game. I believe he is either too dumb or too stubborn or both to do this though.

The problem with this is Gus has the final call on the game plan and play calling during the week. We are going to run the plays and game plan that we practice. Even if chip is calling plays during the game, he is not going to override the game plan. Basically if gus says before the game to go conservative if we get up 2+ scores, that is what we are going to see regardless of who is calling plays. Gus is the boss. 

16 hours ago, alexava said:

I won't be surprised if we beat them worse than last year. I have never seen Gus seem that defeated as the presser today. The statistics thrown at him by reporters were just so pointed and factual. One basically called him a liar by pointing out Chip's previous tendency and Rhett's current tendency at Ucon. 

Numerically it may not be as bad as last year but I think he tries to get the heat off. We score 40+. Win by 24+. 

do we have a link to the presser?   what all did they specifically ask him and could he even dignify a response.  I hope he cried..  I wanna see him catch hell.

I officially hate  Gus now.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

The problem with this is Gus has the final call on the game plan and play calling during the week. We are going to run the plays and game plan that we practice. Even if chip is calling plays during the game, he is not going to override the game plan. Basically if gus says before the game to go conservative if we get up 2+ scores, that is what we are going to see regardless of who is calling plays. Gus is the boss. 

Yep I got that message LOUD AND CLEAR  from the press conference! "We have a certain offensive philosophy here". Read:  I'm in charge of offense and Chip can join in if I see fit. 

That press conference pissed me off worse than any others. Gus getting aggravated about questioning the offense. YOU MAKE 5 MILLION! DEAL WITH IT 

I hope for recruiting sake that we blow them out and I think we will. If they do fire Gus we need to have our team look as good as possible for the recruits we have and the recruits we still want. If for that reason alone it should matter to all of us. Anyone hoping the rest of the seasons goes bad just so Gus will be fired has lost their minds. We have a lot of talent coming back next year and a lot of talent coming in. Whoever the coach is next year needs to hang on to as much of it as possible.

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

No. As much as I dislike the situation we are in I will always pull for AU to win every game. 

I feel ya and semi jest course, but think about it, if a bad loss Saturday could get him fired now and we let Steele finish as interim, wouldn't the rest of the season be a lot more enjoyable? Also might help Beliema keep his job, which would be better for our future 

4 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I feel ya and semi jest course, but think about it, if a bad loss Saturday could get him fired now and we let Steele finish as interim, wouldn't the rest of the season be a lot more enjoyable?

2 SEC losses means we have no shot at making it to Atlanta. Right now we need to win out and for LSU to lose another game (they'll lose to Bama). Fire Gus now so he will no longer cause further problems. Borges and Lindsay can run the offense.

I honestly think the guys were embarrassed last weekend in losing like they did. I think they will try to prove a point this week if our coaches get out of there way. I see a big win. 

2 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I feel ya and semi jest course, but think about it, if a bad loss Saturday could get him fired now and we let Steele finish as interim, wouldn't the rest of the season be a lot more enjoyable? Also might help Beliema keep his job, which would be better for our future 

Of course that is the quandary. Everything you said may be true, but since we still have a shot at the SEC (hahahaha) I just can't do it. It is like rooting for Alabama to win when you know it may help AU. It goes against my inner soul. 

Plus with the shape of the AD there is probably no way they will fire Gus before the end of the season. 

AUBURN 16
Arkansas 10

But after what Malzahn did or didn't do, I really don't give a rats butt what the score might be. However, I do know if we're up by say 21 or 28 with any time left, Gus will again take his foot off the gas and Arkansas will come back and win.

Archived