Great Day for Sessions

Proud Tiger

1 hour ago, HVAU said:

There is nothing other than Mueller, Rosenstein, et al deciding not to act on information.  Your assumption that that decision was made nefariously is premature.

From another perspective you could say that without the FBI, under Mueller's direction, investigating the matter none of this would be known even now.  

It can cut either way.  The calls from the right for Mueller's resignation over this are probably just a play to protect Trump, someone who has as much Russian smoke swirling around him as do those involved in Uranium One bribery schemes.

Time will tell. I'm still waiting for you to tell me some of Session's numerous lies.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sessions-Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Leahy-Several of the President-Elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day? 

Sessions- No.

Now, he certainly left enough ambiguity to, as stated before, retain plausible deniability, but he lied.

If I had the time today, I'm sure I could research other inconsistencies, but, to be honest, I could slap you in the face with a fifty pound sack full of facts and you'd still see what you want to see.

6 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Sessions-Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Leahy-Several of the President-Elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day? 

Sessions- No.

Now, he certainly left enough ambiguity to, as stated before, retain plausible deniability, but he lied.

If I had the time today, I'm sure I could research other inconsistencies, but, to be honest, I could slap you in the face with a fifty pound sack full of facts and you'd still see what you want to see.

The ONLY one you can even attempt to call a lie is the Franken thing which has been beaten to death even though Sessions made a big effort to clarify, something most politicians rarely do. But go ahead, slap me in the face with the numerous (your word) lies Jeff has told without further clarification.

And seeing what you want to see works both ways as is clearly evident in almost any post made in this forum.

I'm not attempting to do anything.  When someone asks, point blank, did you do something and you answer "no", but you actually did do the thing it's lying.

We may have been brought up differently.

12 minutes ago, HVAU said:

I'm not attempting to do anything.  When someone asks, point blank, did you do something and you answer "no", but you actually did do the thing it's lying.

We may have been brought up differently.

OK let's pretend I agree and move on from this one. Now tell me some more of Session's NUMEROUS lies.

19 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

OK let's pretend I agree and move on from this one. Now tell me some more of Session's NUMEROUS lies.

This was my original remark-"Numerous lies have been told by Sessions, Trump children, Kushner, other surrogates and Trump himself, when it comes to Russian conversations"

"Numerous lies" apply to the collective.  I imagine there are other Sessions lies, but I'm going to apply the level of responsibility to my comment that you applied to the Soros thread.

1 minute ago, HVAU said:

This was my original remark-"Numerous lies have been told by Sessions, Trump children, Kushner, other surrogates and Trump himself, when it comes to Russian conversations"

"Numerous lies" apply to the collective.  I imagine there are other Sessions lies, but I'm going to apply the level of responsibility to my comment that you applied to the Soros thread.

I like the way you post. Quit being full blown libtard and come back to the middle and let’s form an alliance. 

33 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Touche but seriously there IS a lot of info out there on Soros you should read up on. I say this an a strictly non-partisan way. He us an evil person.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I like the way you post. Quit being full blown libtard and come back to the middle and let’s form an alliance. 

I'm trying.  Me disdain for Trump is very difficult to get over.

It does occur to me frequently, what will we do when our boogeyman is dealt with?

Hopefully, come back to being productive, non-outraged citizens.

• 2 weeks later...

PT, I just got to get another jab in here:

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/02/jeff-sessions-i-now-recall-that-proposal-for-a-trump-putin-meeting-i-said-didnt-happen/

"Sessions now recalls that he nixed proposal for Trump-Putin meeting, appearing to contradict his previous accounts, sources tell NBC News," Dilanian tweeted on Thursday afternoon.

Cheers mate.

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

This isn't good for ole Jeff. 

I agree that it looks bad, but for months there has been report after report that illustrates the corruption of one politician or another, and the conversation always returns to whataboutism and tribalistic partisanship.  With that in mind I almost expect no consequences for anyone involved in any of this.  

Surkov has won.  The American people can no longer distinguish fact from fiction, or we no longer care to.  

Franken is piling on as well.

https://www.franken.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3798

“Once again, developments in the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election have brought to light evidence that you failed to tell the truth about your interactions with Russian operatives during the campaign, as well as your awareness of Russian contacts by other members of the Trump campaign team,” wrote Sen. Franken in the letter. “This is another example in an alarming pattern in which you, the nation’s top law enforcement officer, apparently failed to tell the truth, under oath, about the Trump team’s contacts with agents of Russia—a hostile foreign power that interfered in the 2016 election. We must get to the bottom of what happened so that we can prevent it from happening again, and I am deeply troubled that this newest revelation strongly suggests that the Senate—and the American public—cannot trust your word.”

1 hour ago, HVAU said:

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/02/jeff-sessions-i-now-recall-that-proposal-for-a-trump-putin-meeting-i-said-didnt-happen/

"Sessions now recalls that he nixed proposal for Trump-Putin meeting, appearing to contradict his previous accounts, sources tell NBC News," Dilanian tweeted on Thursday afternoon.

Cheers mate.

The key words in your post is "it APPEARS"  and"sources." too much of that going onBut wouldn't you think it is good Jeff nixed such a meeting? But I will say again.....I am all for getting to the truth in all this mess. Just hope Mueller gets around to Hillary and the Podesta brothers. And there is this:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/02/charles-hurt-brazile-dnc-revelations-clintons-involved-3-watergate-level-scandals

17 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

am all for getting to the truth in all this mess. Just hope Mueller gets around to Hillary and the Podesta brothers. And there is this

On this I'll agree.  I say  let Mueller investigate the 2016 election until the corruption is ferreted out.

9 minutes ago, HVAU said:

On this I'll agree.  I say  let Mueller investigate the 2016 election until the corruption is ferreted out.

I agree. Just hope Mueller will investigate all sides of this but I am skeptical he will.

1 hour ago, HVAU said:

Cheers mate.

Like Jeff knows who the kid was on March 16, 2016. HV, you did not know he was until the indictments

Jeff Sessions: I now recall that proposal for a Trump-Putin meeting I said didn’t happen

Sessions will be remembered for how selective his own memory is, which may deliver him a perjury charge

2.7K5.3K93
CHARLIE MAY11.02.20172:15 PM

All of a sudden, Attorney Jeff Sessions has regained a specific portion of his memory.

On Thursday afternoon, Ken Dilanian of NBC News reported that Sessions now remembers the March 31, 2016, meeting in which George Papadopoulos, a former foreign policy adviser to President Donald Trump's campaign, announced that he could set up a meeting between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

46 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Like Jeff knows who the kid was on March 16, 2016. HV, you did not know he was until the indictments

Unless I'm mistaken, I wasn't working on Trump's campaign like Sessions and Pap.

18 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I wasn't working on Trump's campaign like Sessions and Pap.

Is Jeff to suppose to know and remember every 30 year old kid volunteer that is pals with comrade Vlad HV? 

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Is Jeff to suppose to know and remember every 30 year old kid volunteer that is pals with comrade Vlad HV? 

If he's going to attend policy meetings with him, yes, probably.

1 hour ago, HVAU said:

Would love to agree with you.... had Hillary won it would equal no corruption and no Mueller Brother HV

So your conjecture is that Trump arranged a meeting with Sessions, Papadapolous and other policy advisers to discuss nothing in particular?  

In March they would probably be discussing policies that they would put forward to the electorate in an effort to garner support for Trump's candidacy.  Parts of that policy would most likely make it's way from campaigning to governance.  Otherwise why even have "policy advisers" low level or not in March.

I know we all like to act a little obtuse due to our partisan myopia, but some of you Trump guys take the cake.

Archived