New Gus Theory

Beaker

I do think Muschamp is a better HC than Gus right now.  I don't think Muschamp would return to AU with Jay Jacobs as AD although Muschamp fits the JJ hiring criteria to a T.  I hope a new AD can make a better HC hire than Boom though.

wde

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I do think Muschamp is a better HC than Gus right now.  I don't think Muschamp would return to AU with Jay Jacobs as AD although Muschamp fits the JJ hiring criteria to a T.  I hope a new AD can make a better HC hire than Boom though.

wde

I, in. no way want Muschump as head coach. He has come to Auburn twice and both times slapped Auburn in the face. I know I will be raked over the coals but that is just the way I feel about him

I'm really not understanding why people want Muschamp as the next head coach. Other than the fact that he fits the hiring criteria (aka previous Auburn ties and affiliation). I don't think he's fit to be our head coach. His head coaching experience comes from the weak division of the conference. I'm not sold.

13 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I, in. no way want Muschump as head coach. He has come to Auburn twice and both times slapped Auburn in the face. I know I will be raked over the coals but that is just the way I feel about him

He slapped AU in the face once by going to Texas (as did Chizik when he did the same thing as Muschamp).  Him taking a HC job in the SEC at a decent program was a no brainer. I don't want him as HC either because I think we can and should do better.

wde

11 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

I'm really not understanding why people want Muschamp as the next head coach. Other than the fact that he fits the hiring criteria (aka previous Auburn ties and affiliation). I don't think he's fit to be our head coach. His head coaching experience comes from the weak division of the conference. I'm not sold.

Who wants him as HC?  I was just saying that in my opinion he is a better HC than Gus right now.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Who wants him as HC?  I was just saying that in my opinion he is a better HC than Gus right now.

wde

My 89 year old mother is a better head coach than Gus the Great.

11 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

My 89 year old mother is a better head coach than Gus the Great.

Mine too. Literally. Her texts during the game? She's spot-on, smh.

20 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

I think he would be just as successful calling plays if he took a pair of dice  and assigned a play for numbers two through twelve.  roll the dice and call what ever number pops up.

Nope.  He would lose one of the dice and only have 6 plays. 

I feel like we took a sports car and gave it to a teenager who is insisting on driving it at the off-road park.  AND, he thinks "It's not the end of the world," as he plans to do it again.

Guscob and Jayzalhn ??? who is the worst?

Why are we even talking about Gus? I have wanted a new Athletic Director for over 4 years. Get a first class guy, not tied to AU politics and he will get rid of Gus. 

Solve our biggest problem first!

20 hours ago, around4ever said:

Nope.  He would lose one of the dice and only have 6 plays. 

That's double what we have now.

1. Dive

2. Wildcat dive

3. All-go

I think Gus has one way of running an offense and can't adapt. I'm sitting here flipping through games, and with the exception of Army, all the offensive teams are much more diverse than our five play offense. Gus may be a good head coach if he could ever give up control of the offense. Since we all know he can't do that he needs to move on.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:05 PM, Cooper said:

I will be honest I have thought about it all week.  Im beginning to wonder if there may be some points shaving going on and it went bad at LSU and the NC game

I heard Clay Travis (i know, i know...but he does have some good points) say that is how some boosters may come up with money to pay and donate to the program. 

On 10/19/2017 at 7:16 AM, AUDevil said:

Gus is great when he can focus.  Gus is also a control freak.  Gus cannot focus on being the head coach of a major university program AND control an offense.  He's not built for the multitasking required of a successful HC.  After Auburn, he'll get another opportunity at another college.  He needs to decide what he's going to focus on...and it should probably be an OC job...b/c that's where his passion is.

Agreed and on point. It is very difficult to be successful as a heard coach and manage the offensive (or defensive) side of the ball too. I think if Gus would just be a head coach and manage the team, he/we would do fine. For some, it's hard to let go of the things you are so passionate about, and believe you are good at. Gus needs to decide which does he want to be, a HC or a OC, and then do just that. He can be great at one, but I doubt at both.

Archived