Where is lionheartkc?

abw0004

@lionheartkc I haven't seen you post in a few weeks/months.  Wanted to make sure you were still okay as I know you had a few health scares.  Sending prayers your way!

He said he was taking a break from the forum after the the Clemson game. I checked in before the Mizzou game because I knew he'd be there and I wanted to wish him a good time. All seemed well.

But after this past Saturday, I don't expect he'll be subjecting himself to the current tone and discourse around here anytime soon. Smarter man than me.

(Btw, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone regarding the conversation... I'm contributing as much to the negative vibes as anyone.)

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He said he was taking a break from the forum after the the Clemson game. I checked in before the Mizzou game because I knew he'd be there and I wanted to wish him a good time. All seemed well.

But after this past Saturday, I don't expect he'll be subjecting himself to the current tone and discourse around here. Smarter man than me.

(Btw, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone regarding the conversation... I'm contributing as much to the negative vibes as anyone.)

Through 2015 and 2016, he was as dedicated a sunshine pumper as I have ever seen.  At this point, any efforts to that effect would be utterly futile, and terrible for his blood pressure.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But after this past Saturday, I don't expect he'll be subjecting himself to the current tone and discourse around here. Smarter man than me.

hold_my_beer.jpeg

I got him covered while he is taking a leave of absence.  In all seriousness thank you for the update.  I was worried something health-wise came up.

6 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Through 2015 and 2016, he was as dedicated a sunshine pumper as I have ever seen.  At this point, any efforts to that effect would be utterly futile, and terrible for his blood pressure.

I don't think it had anything to do with sunshine pumping. Lion's frustrated with how things are going, I guarantee it. I don't think he wanted to be around the mass hysteria and negativity. I don't blame him, he's got other priorities.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

hold_my_beer.jpeg

I got him covered while he is taking a leave of absence.  In all seriousness thank you for the update.  I was worried something health-wise came up.

Last I heard things were holding steady in the health department.

9 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

He could put a positive spin to anything when he put his mind to it. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He could put a positive spin to anything when he put his mind to it. 

I think the LSU game would be beyond even his abilities.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I am 51, "I'm a man" and I can't get beyond it.   I am embarrassed to write this, but it is true. 

I will record the game this week and will watch on Monday.  I need an emotional break.  I haven't had these kind of lows since the 80's when we lost a close one.  My beliefs were so high for this extremely talented and experienced team.

I definitely miss him not posting.  He always had some good stats to go along with his arguments.  Prayers that things are going well.

3 hours ago, Strychnine said:

I beg to differ.  abw0004 did an admirable job in his "Now that we have all calmed down" thread that is currently locked.

• Heat 100 degrees for AU vs 80 degrees for LSU.
  • LSU wouldn't allow AU to bring our cooled benches.
  • Injuries
  • Cramps due to heat  
  • Communication mishaps
  • No block in the back penalty called on Eli Stove in LSU's kick return for a TD
  • Aubie trolling LSU in Troy Trojan gear

:jossun:

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

I beg to differ.  abw0004 did an admirable job in his "Now that we have all calmed down" thread that is currently locked.

• Heat 100 degrees for AU vs 80 degrees for LSU.
  • LSU wouldn't allow AU to bring our cooled benches.
  • Injuries
  • Cramps due to heat  
  • Communication mishaps
  • No block in the back penalty called on Eli Stove in LSU's kick return for a TD
  • Aubie trolling LSU in Troy Trojan gear

:jossun:

In November 2012, there were still people arguing on Chizik's behalf.

57 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

In November 2012, there were still people arguing on Chizik's behalf.

About this exact same time in October 2012 when AU was sitting at 1-5, during a radio interview Pat Dye said there was no chance Gene Chizik would be fired even if he went winless the rest of the 2012 season......because "Gene Chizik is a better man than Nick Saban." 

That solidified my notions that Dye was intimately involved with AU football, with that statement I knew right away the old Coach was out of the loop and had no clue what was going on in AU Athletics.  But he was "All In" the "Family" till the bitter end of Chizik's tenure.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

About this exact same time in October 2012 when AU was sitting at 1-5, during a radio interview Pat Dye said there was no chance Gene Chizik would be fired even if he went winless the rest of the 2012 season......because "Gene Chizik is a better man than Nick Saban." 

That solidified my notions that Dye was intimately involved with AU football, with that statement I knew right away the old Coach was out of the loop and had no clue what was going on in AU Athletics.  But he was "All In" the "Family" till the bitter end of Chizik's tenure.

I have never bought into the stories of meddling preventing any head coach from running the program the way that he wants, or that Dye continues to have any substantial input in the program.  Meddlers would not have allowed Gus to hire a very inexperienced Kodi Burns as a position coach, or to bring his inexperienced protege with him as offensive coordinator, and they definitely would have intervened had they known about that 2016 Clemson gameplan.

Personally, I was not really convinced that Chizik was going to be fired, until he was.  Had he fired Loeffler, and forgotten his pro-style offensive transition idea, I would have had no issue with giving him more time.  Delivering the first national championship in many Auburn fans' lifetime earned him an opportunity to correct mistakes; that was the argument I heard most frequently.  I have to say, it was a valid one.

That said, I also fully understood why he was fired, and agreed with it.

Great point ^. Actually would be a great time for a meddler to step in start calling some plays lols. We're dying for a good meddling! And to the topic- Lionheart, you are being missed.

I'm ok. After my surgery, I was diagnosed with a second type of cancer, but both are in remission. Next scans are 11/14.

As for everything else written above about why I've been absent, it's pretty spot on. I can't handle the obsessive negativity right now, especially since some of the people I could always count on to be rational have picked up torches and are on their way to Gus's house.

And, no, I can't explain away LSU. It was a failure on a number of fronts from coaching to execution. That was the first game since 2015 where we had everything we needed to win, from talent to experience, and blew it. There  is no excuse.

Anyway, thanks for checking in. It means a lot. I'll be back sometime after the negativity of the season has died down.

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Back from my doctors appointment and happy to say that I'm still in full remission. 

I'm happy that you got some good news, lion. Keep us updated, please. 

I was just asking about you over on the football forum. It is a kinder, gentler place over there now. :hearts: I even took a week off after LSU, but some good wins after that calmed folks down some and this week has everyone practically giddy! Glad to know you are doing so well. Thank God! Keep us posted. We are family and we should care for each other, even if we don't always agree.

Archived