In Order to Beat Georgia and Bama

shabby

Options to beat UGA and Bama

1) Both of their buses break down and they have to forfeit

2) Both of their teams infected with severe cases of Montezuma's Revenge

3) See #1

Auburn play a full  60 minutes like they have played for the first half in two or three games this year.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Assuming you might be serious....there is little history out there to prove that....and like as not, the team would totally collapse..  I recall Brother Oliver a while back...and also what happened at South Carolina when Steve was eased out.  Basically when you fire a coach in mid season you have written off the season.

Blame it on talent maybe in those cases....but when I school gives up on the coach it's also giving up on team.   It's a real stretch to think that having some interim coach like Steele or whoever ....would increase the prospects for beating anyone left on our schedule.   

Still mystifying, if so, that LSU pulled a 5-2 under Coach O. following Les Miles' forced farewell last year...and that one of those W's was their bowl game against Louisville on December 31...

I don't mean to be rude, but wasn't this thread a joke?  I think some got it and some didn't.    

Gus is like 2-6 against these guys.  UGA is closing the talent gap and Gus will not go back and relearn how to beat bama.  The two wins he does have, were on great, 1% kinda plays.  

How to win?  Lose to Ark or aTm so he believes he will be fired, then he will turn the O loose and let the staff call the shots.   I am not being silly, that's my answer.

We bring in some voodoo experts to create voodoo dolls of uGa players and coaches. These experts will injure the Georgia team and there is one win. Against bama we will let Kerryon Johnson get bit by a radioactive spider giving him super powers. He will use his spidersense to dodge tackles and win the game for us. After the game KJ will bound Nick Saban up in a web and turn him into the authorities for all the NCAA violation surely he caused over the years. The end

10 hours ago, Beaker said:

I don't mean to be rude, but wasn't this thread a joke?  I think some got it and some didn't.    

Gus is like 2-6 against these guys.  UGA is closing the talent gap and Gus will not go back and relearn how to beat bama.  The two wins he does have, were on great, 1% kinda plays.  

How to win?  Lose to Ark or aTm so he believes he will be fired, then he will turn the O loose and let the staff call the shots.   I am not being silly, that's my answer.

Not a joke. Auburn fully has the ability to hang with both of those teams. It's ignorant to say otherwise. Some things have to change. We acknowledge the gus factor. Now lets move on to scheme and play calling. What would have this team operating like the top ten team it's capable of being.

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Not a joke. Auburn fully has the ability to hang with both of those teams. It's ignorant to say otherwise. Some things have to change. We acknowledge the gus factor. Now lets move on to scheme and play calling. What would have this team operating like the top ten team it's capable of being.

The only way to fix this is to remove Gus from the equation.

21 hours ago, shabby said:

So here's the topic. What must Auburn accomplish in order to have a legitimate chance to beat these two top tier teams. Let's get the obvious out of the way first. Gus can't meddle. Let's assume Gus stays out of the way and let's the coordinators do their job. Long shot I know but just go with it. Assuming that is done, what other fixes are needed to beat these teams.

Offense:

Mid routes created for receivers

Greater percentages of passes on first down.

Stidham keeps more on the read option

No more Pettway

adjust to the blitz

Better run blocking

Half time adjust ments- could we make some please???

Defense

More Blitzes (4 man rush aint generating the necessary pressure)

Please don't respond to this thread with anything Malzahn. we get it. What is amazing is how good this team could actually be. They should have a legit shot in these games if improvement is made in some areas. What are your areas???

One might as well get a leopard to change his spots.

In order for Auburn to beat Georgia and Alabama, we all must pray real hard that their bus breaks down coming from their hotel to Jordan-Hare Stadium and they can't find another way to get to the Plains.

50 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

The only way to fix this is to remove Gus from the equation.

and this was done most games which is how we know aubirn is a good team. however Gus steps in eventually and takes it back. that's not the point of this thread.lets say Gus stats removed in these games .  I'm asking if the play calling and schemes are on point what would it look like. Can anyone discuss this topic in a meaningful way. if not please go to one of the 38 other threads discussing Gus. 

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

and this was done most games which is how we know aubirn is a good team. however Gus steps in eventually and takes it back. that's not the point of this thread.lets say Gus stats removed in these games .  I'm asking if the play calling and schemes are on point what would it look like. Can anyone discuss this topic in a meaningful way. if not please go to one of the 38 other threads discussing Gus. 

Play a full game like the first 20 minutes of the LSU game or first half of OM or MSU.....that would do it in my view. Everything is there ......just have to have a better game plan for the ENTIRE game.

These two rivalries bring out the best in our players, so it's a shame they get stunted by such horrible play calling. 

I think the reason our team has been able to put up a fight these past few years, regardless of the questionable coaching, is because a lot of our players are playing with a chip on their shoulder versus these two teams. Our players from the state of Georgia who didn't get recruited by UGA or didn't get recruited as heavily by UGA as they were by Auburn...our players who--even though they don't want to play for Alabama--want to show the Turds what they missed out on. I'm not saying these players would have rather played for UGA or Bama, but just wanna show those teams what they missed, if that makes sense.

15 minutes ago, shabby said:

We have the proper schemes and playcalling already to potentially beat the two. As far as I am concerned nothing needs to change to scheme and playcalling if you remove Gus from the equation. 

15 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

We have the proper schemes and playcalling already to potentially beat the two. As far as I am concerned nothing needs to change to scheme and playcalling if you remove Gus from the equation. 

see I disagree. I think our wide receiver routes and lack of tight end usage is harmful. have these things improved under Lindsey. there seems to be A lot of areas for improvement that seem rather simple fixes. 

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

Assuming you might be serious....there is little history out there to prove that....and like as not, the team would totally collapse..  I recall Brother Oliver a while back...and also what happened at South Carolina when Steve was eased out.  Basically when you fire a coach in mid season you have written off the season.

Blame it on talent maybe in those cases....but when I school gives up on the coach it's also giving up on team.   It's a real stretch to think that having some interim coach like Steele or whoever ....would increase the prospects for beating anyone left on our schedule.   

So you lose either way, what is your point. Should we just keep G us and continue to lose games we could win because we don’t want to upset the players? I think your wrong. From listening to players real comment I think they are pretty much done with Gus any way, just not saying it in public. The sooner Gus is gone the better off the players and the school will be. Don’t forget Gus has been warned over and over but due to his stubbornness he will not change. No one here to blame except  Gus.

I am still puzzled as to why JJ hasn't told Gus to let his OC do the coaching. If an employee of mine was doing what Gus appears to be doing, we would have a come to Jesus meeting and change or be terminated.....contract or no contract.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:06 AM, shabby said:

If Gus has diarrhea all day, and stays in the locker room all game, we might have an outside chance at beating GA. We ain't beating Alabama, we DO NOT have the talent to hang with them, no matter how much that fact may hurt. Our problems go way beyond just game day coaching. You prepare teams to win football games consistently, long before gameday, and that is where our coaching staff has severely failed. It is not just Gus, he has surrounded himself with yes men, and many coaches in training. There are a couple of exceptions on staff, but not nearly enough.

Two things:

1) Develop short / medium passing game

2) Less predictability on 1st down.

Archived