Malzahn and Arkansas

doverstutts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is something that Gus wants then I hope his on the field interview goes well for him this Saturday. If he has trouble winning nine or more with Auburn talent he could really struggle to win seven with Arkansas talent. I hate change but I hate being average even more. I get that their expectations are lower than Auburn as the article states but are they that much lower?

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

If that is something that Gus wants then I hope his on the field interview goes well for him this Saturday. If he has trouble winning nine or more with Auburn talent he could really struggle to win seven with Arkansas talent. I hate change but I hate being average even more. I get that their expectations are lower than Auburn as the article states but are they that much lower?

who cares !!!! sing, dance, laugh, and be merry...be fruitful and multiply!!!!!!!!! play dat' funky music white boy!!!!!!....we're marching to pretoria....

So if Arky came calling, and Gus took their offer, would it mean we don't have to pay him (Arky would pay his buyout)?  That would be good for us.  But if Gus knew he was about to get fired but could hold Arky off for a bit, he might get fired, get to keep getting paid by AU and take a lower pay from Arky afterwards.  Hope JJ does screw this up.

Gus is already testy about some tough questions coming his way, this could really get interesting. Would be a polarizing hire for Arkansas for sure.

Maybe it will be a better fit for him.  I wish him no bad luck i'm just ready for him to go.  If Arky is where he wants to be then its a win win.  He gets what he wants and most of us get what we want. 

I wish him well if he is able to coach his dream school, in a state he is well beloved. I still wish we wouldn't have to face him. His potential to re-find his mojo is scary to think about. I am ready to move on as well in regards to Auburn becoming consistently in contention again. I do think his offense as OC was near impossible to defend. Of course he would go as head coach which could keep his offense muted. 

I hardly believe Jerry Jones would pork out 2 buyouts to bring Gus there. I don't think they're ready put up BB's buyout for anyone for that matter, certainly not double down for Gus

First, Arkansas would have to offer him the job. The U.of Arkansas is a major state university with deep pockets. They'll have a wide field to pick from if they decide to make a change. They won't be looking at any coach that's already on the hot seat at his current job. The idea of Gus to Arky, at this point, is nonsense.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jerry Jones is not even close to being the one dishing out the money for buyouts for U of A.

The Walton family?

wde

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

First, Arkansas would have to offer him the job. The U.of Arkansas is a major state university with deep pockets. They'll have a wide field to pick from if they decide to make a change. They won't be looking at any coach that's already on the hot seat at his current job. The idea of Gus to Arky, at this point, is nonsense.

no its not

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

no its not

You think Arkansas can't do better than a coach that's in trouble where he already is? Why would that be? They were able to hire a highly successful coach away from Wisconsin last time around. What makes you think they will settle for less this time?

10 hours ago, GBAU83 said:

So if Arky came calling, and Gus took their offer, would it mean we don't have to pay him (Arky would pay his buyout)?  That would be good for us.  But if Gus knew he was about to get fired but could hold Arky off for a bit, he might get fired, get to keep getting paid by AU and take a lower pay from Arky afterwards.  Hope JJ does screw this up.

Jay usually structures the buyout so that whatever earnings you make from you next coaching job are subtracted from the buy-out.  I don't think Chizik's TV gig lowered AU's buy-out, but his UNC paycheck did.

Archived