Taylon Snow potential as a freshman

Exciting read on Taylon potential at SS. 

So glad she is a Tiger.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/10/freshman_taylon_snow_quickly_a.html

Freshman Taylon Snow quickly asserts herself as Auburn softball's shortstop of present, future

By James Crepea

jcrepea@al.com

It didn't take long into fall practice for it to become apparent who will be Auburn's starting shortstop for the next four years.

Taylon Snow has asserted herself as Auburn's present and future at the position and likely at the top of the batting order.

The former top-ranked recruit in the country by FloSoftball, Snow is a five-tool player who has quickly made her potential evident to teammates, coaches and observers alike.

"She's legit," coach Mickey Dean said. "She's fun to watch. I love watching her play. I love watching her practice. She has a great attitude and her attitude is really contagious."

Auburn focusing on in-game hitting adjustments after first fall games

Snow has already showcased an ability to hit for power and slap - as a lefty bat - steal bases, great range in the field and the arm needed to gun down runners from the middle infield.

Four freshmen started for Dean at James Madison last season, but he's never had a freshman position player with Snow's ability.

"Absolutely not," Dean said. "She has confidence in her abilities. She never second guesses herself. She just rolls with it; that's the biggest thing. You normally don't see that out of a freshman. She carries a lot of confidence in her abilities."

Auburn sophomore right fielder Alyssa Rivera played with Snow on the USA junior national team this summer and was in awe.

"Getting to know her and getting to know her game, she's just such a great athlete," Rivera said. "I think she has a great year ahead of her."

Snow started at shortstop and batted leadoff in both of Auburn's exhibitions last week. It's clear she's either going to hit at the top or bottom of the order because of her speed and ability to hit for average and power.

"I can't believe it," Rivera said of Snow's hitting ability. "Personally, never really hit with someone like that. Never been on a team with someone like that. It's crazy."

Asked if he's ever had a freshman leadoff and take the volume of at-bats Snow could be in line for this season, Dean said, "Not like that one.

Wish I could make the fall practice games, but work has me tied up last Friday and both Friday and Saturday this week.  Might be able to get the last game on Saturday.  Ready to see out Tigers in action in person!

On 10/19/2017 at 10:45 PM, AUBwins said:

Exciting read on Taylon potential at SS. 

So glad she is a Tiger.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/10/freshman_taylon_snow_quickly_a.html

Freshman Taylon Snow quickly asserts herself as Auburn softball's shortstop of present, future

By James Crepea

jcrepea@al.com

It didn't take long into fall practice for it to become apparent who will be Auburn's starting shortstop for the next four years.

Taylon Snow has asserted herself as Auburn's present and future at the position and likely at the top of the batting order.

The former top-ranked recruit in the country by FloSoftball, Snow is a five-tool player who has quickly made her potential evident to teammates, coaches and observers alike.

"She's legit," coach Mickey Dean said. "She's fun to watch. I love watching her play. I love watching her practice. She has a great attitude and her attitude is really contagious."

Auburn focusing on in-game hitting adjustments after first fall games

Snow has already showcased an ability to hit for power and slap - as a lefty bat - steal bases, great range in the field and the arm needed to gun down runners from the middle infield.

Four freshmen started for Dean at James Madison last season, but he's never had a freshman position player with Snow's ability.

"Absolutely not," Dean said. "She has confidence in her abilities. She never second guesses herself. She just rolls with it; that's the biggest thing. You normally don't see that out of a freshman. She carries a lot of confidence in her abilities."

Auburn sophomore right fielder Alyssa Rivera played with Snow on the USA junior national team this summer and was in awe.

"Getting to know her and getting to know her game, she's just such a great athlete," Rivera said. "I think she has a great year ahead of her."

Snow started at shortstop and batted leadoff in both of Auburn's exhibitions last week. It's clear she's either going to hit at the top or bottom of the order because of her speed and ability to hit for average and power.

"I can't believe it," Rivera said of Snow's hitting ability. "Personally, never really hit with someone like that. Never been on a team with someone like that. It's crazy."

Asked if he's ever had a freshman leadoff and take the volume of at-bats Snow could be in line for this season, Dean said, "Not like that one.

Thanks...really happy to read this.....was uneasy for quite a while after the Myers incidents.....but glad she stuck with AU.  Likely the MD hire convinced her that AU remains serious about softball.  Looking forward to seeing her...and her bat..... in action during the season.

Archived