Richest 400 People Had $93 Billion In '82, Now They Have $2,400 Billion

DKW 86

The wealth did not trickle down folks. It just did not!

America: Top .1% have more than 50% of Wealth in America.

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The wealth did not trickle down folks. It just did not!

America: Top .1% have more than 50% of Wealth in America.

What was the % in 1982?

Can't speak for everyone but the "wealth"  sure trickled down to me. I'm worth a heck of a lot more now than I was in 1982. The factor of increase for the top 400 is 25.8 shown is 25.8. My factor of increase is easily more than that. Much of the increase in all cases is due to inflation, cost of money, etc.

In 1982, the Dow Jones was 800 to 900. I believe it is now around 23000. About a 25 factor. As PT points out, this economic growth was  available to anyone.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

What was the % in 1982?

Can't speak for everyone but the "wealth"  sure trickled down to me. I'm worth a heck of a lot more now than I was in 1982. The factor of increase for the top 400 is 25.8 shown is 25.8. My factor of increase is easily more than that. Much of the increase in all cases is due to inflation, cost of money, etc.

Brother PT the increase is 158%....means if you made $20000, in 82 you make $51,600 now. Most people have probably  exceeded  

41 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Brother PT the increase is 158%....means if you made $20000, in 82 you make $51,600 now. Most people have probably  exceeded  

Actually the % I was asking about is not that one.  It says that today the top .1% have 50% of the wealth. I was wondering what that looked like in 1982.  But no big deal. The real point has been made as you note.

7 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

You do know that wealth and income aren't the same thing.  Don't you?

8 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

In 1982, the Dow Jones was 800 to 900. I believe it is now around 23000. About a 25 factor. As PT points out, this economic growth was  available to anyone.

......with marginal funds.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

You do know that wealth and income aren't the same thing.  Don't you?

Sure Homer, sort of a math stickler. Trying to simplify. The PT factor is meaningless  in my mind but I see how it was derived 

Archived