does lsu loss carry over

aubiefifty

14 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

At risk of drifting OT,

Somebody remind please me, how many previous coaches lived in a world with an FBS playoff at all? To handle well, poorly, or indifferently?

Good point...not that long ago a good bowl game was viewed as a successful season and fans were pretty happy to make it to the Sugar Bowl....or Citrus Bowl....certainly that was the case under Dye and most of Tub's years.  .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good point...not that long ago a good bowl game was viewed as a successful season and fans were pretty happy to make it to the Sugar Bowl....or Citrus Bowl....certainly that was the case under Dye and most of Tub's years.  .

Yeah, I view most bowl games as exhibition games, pointless, but there to make money.  There are way too many bowl games in my opinion.  

My expectations for Auburn to have a successful season is to have at least a 10 win season, or go to SEC championship, and/or obviously playoffs.  My expectations may be higher than some, but I feel Auburn should be held to a higher standard than most based on recruiting alone.

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gus is 1-3 in bowl games with the lone win vs Memphis in the freaking Birmingham Bowl. 

Times have changed, and things that "used" to make fans pretty happy in the Dye/Tubbs years such as making a decent bowl game will turn a fan sour when our coach can't even win those decent bowl games. :banghead:

If he beats retired coach Barry Alvarez's Wisky team in '14, we end up 9-4.

If he beats Oklahoma in the Sugar in '16, we end up 9-4.

Finishing 9-4 just looks and sounds better than losing the bowl game and going 8-5.

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

Gus is 1-3 in bowl games with the lone win vs Memphis in the freaking Birmingham Bowl. 

Times have changed, and things that "used" to make fans pretty happy in the Dye/Tubbs years such as making a decent bowl game will turn a fan sour when our coach can't even win those decent bowl games. :banghead:

If he beats retired coach Barry Alvarez's Wisky team in '14, we end up 9-4.

If he beats Oklahoma in the Sugar in '16, we end up 9-4.

Finishing 9-4 just looks and sounds better than losing the bowl game and going 8-5.

Bowl games used to mean something .....the luster has gone off of all of them now with the playoff system.  I was at the AU -Syracuse and AU-Michigan  Sugar Bowl games and the teams gave it 100% because national ranking was still on the line.   

Other than a bit of pride perhaps, the Sugar bowl now means very little as a bowl game other than a party and $$$.....just ask Nick :).

I'm fine with lots of bowl games...people who don't like or want them can do something else.....but to me it's college football which I love....and I watch just about all of them...:dunno:  even the WeedEater Bowl but I don't put much stake in the meaning of the outcomes.. JMO

Archived