Melania vs. Michelle Payroll

Proud Tiger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine if Melania does nothing ... I wish the Don would do the same ... we'd all be better off.  

But I'd question why she even needs the staff she has ... seriously, what are her initiatives?  Is she doing anything other than prancing around storm-ravaged areas in stilettos for photo ops?

34 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I'm fine if Melania does nothing ... I wish the Don would do the same ... we'd all be better off.  

But I'd question why she even needs the staff she has ... seriously, what are her initiatives?  Is she doing anything other than prancing around storm-ravaged areas in stilettos for photo ops?

Hard to follow ole Michelle in doing first lady stuff. Look at what Zeba of HuffPo says. I like #5 about the arms and hair.....

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/15-reasons-michelle-obama-is-the-epitome-of-first-lady-excellence_us_578e2e78e4b0fa896c3ff008

Didn't Michelle declare war on fat people.......she must have surrendered. Still a lot of fat people walking around.

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Michelle's initiatives ... can you let me know Melania's?  Thanks ...

1. Melania doesn’t have anything to prove as First Lady. The Constitutional framework of the United States didn’t assign any roles or priveleges to the flotus, so bringing initiatives to the table cannot be something that Melania should be judged by. First Lady is not an official position. Melania may be given the title of First Lady but she is still merely a spouse of the POTUS. She isn’t required to become involved in politics any more than I’m required to be involved with my wife’s respiratory therapy career. As a matter of fact, she can be so detached from the Presidency, that if she wanted to, she could divorce him today and there would be nothing that we could legally do about her wanting a divorce. Michelle cared about politics and gracefully enacted measures that benefited women across the country. But to assume that women like Melania are supposed to realign their interests toward the importance of making their husband look good  is about as sexist as Trump bragging about grabbing that ***** whenever he wants to and I know that’s not a concept that you’re co-signing to amirite? If my wife becomes POTUS tomorrow, what would I be? Would I still be expected to use my new powerful platform to engage with the American citizenry or to console the people’s that are wrecked by natural disaster? Nope. I’m not built to console people. I’m more like “Get off my lawn!”

2. Melania has been in the WH about an eighth of the time Michelle was in office. You cannot look into hindsight when those optics are not available right now. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

1. Melania doesn’t have anything to prove as First Lady. The Constitutional framework of the United States didn’t assign any roles or priveleges to the flotus, so bringing initiatives to the table cannot be something that Melania should be judged by. First Lady is not an official position. Melania may be given the title of First Lady but she is still merely a spouse of the POTUS. She isn’t required to become involved in politics any more than I’m required to be involved with my wife’s respiratory therapy career. As a matter of fact, she can be so detached from the Presidency, that if she wanted to, she could divorce him today and there would be nothing that we could legally do about her wanting a divorce. Michelle cared about politics and gracefully enacted measures that benefited women across the country. But to assume that women like Melania are supposed to realign their interests toward the importance of making their husband look good  is about as sexist as Trump bragging about grabbing that ***** whenever he wants to and I know that’s not a concept that you’re co-signing to amirite? If my wife became POTUS tomorrow, what would I be? Would I still be expected to use my new powerful platform to engage with the American citizenry or to console the people’s that are wrecked by natural disaster? Nope. I’m not built to console people. I’m more like “Get off my lawn!”

2. Melania has been in the WH about an eighth of the time Michelle was in office. You cannot look into hindsight when those optics are not available right now. 

jeff.....you know darn well you shouldn't throw facts at liberals.

Archived