Mark My Word-Gruden to Tennessee

TNtiger55

I loved Gruden when he was down here in Tampa. Wish the Bucs never let him go. That said, he's been out of coaching a long time and never recruited in college. Not sure that would be a slam dunk hire.

15 hours ago, TNtiger55 said:

It's about to happen.....Sunday/Monday news.

Finebaum has been hinting at this for 2 weeks, and I AM NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR NOR AM I SAYING THAT YOU ARE WRONG, but I'll believe it when I see it.   Lots of Vols are saying Petrino is the guy

Petrino? In Knoxville? Now THAT would be a soap opera worth watching!!

12 hours ago, hutchids said:

I loved Gruden when he was down here in Tampa. Wish the Bucs never let him go. That said, he's been out of coaching a long time and never recruited in college. Not sure that would be a slam dunk hire.

John Gruden's name will recruit itself. Every kid that plays football knows who he is. He also has a fat Super Bowl ring on  his finger.

Going to Tennessee...Is he calling the Titans game this weekend?

5 hours ago, AubTigers said:

John Gruden's name will recruit itself. Every kid that plays football knows who he is. He also has a fat Super Bowl ring on  his finger.

Class of 2019 Recruits were 2 when he won the super bowl... I think its a terrible hire.

He is making around $8mil yr now to Not Coach.......

The idea of Gruden as a football team's savior makes no sense to me. He won a super bowl with Dungy's roster and was 57-55 in 7 seasons with Tampa before being fired. Recruiting at this level would annoy him pretty quickly I imagine.

Archived