Sportscall

doverstutts

with what I am listening to on Sportscall....I have now words....There is a sportswriter, Mathew Stevens, from the Montgomery Advertiser doing an interview with the guys and he is making so much sense that I am shaking.   I don't think there are any podcasts available so I'll try to summerise what he was saying, and since halloween is close, it was a very appropriate interview because its literally scaring the hell out of me.   In short:

Fans don't matter, not even seasons ticket holders, only very wealthy donors

As far as firing Nerdy Ned and hiring a new HC, who is going to do it because  even if the idiot AD is fired, it will take several months to hire a new one

Jethro Jacobs has a lot of support to remain as AD

Anyone who says that they know what Leath is saying, thinking or doing, is lying....He is keeping things close to the vest ( i think he is shell-shocked)

Again, former players,alumni, smaller donors,season ticket holders and average fans DO NOT MATTER

Stevens expects that Jethro will "probably" (not certainly) be replaced and that Captain Quirk will still be HC at AU next season....

I am going to take this keyboard out of my lap,let the foot rest down on my recliner, crawl underneath my desk , curl up in the fetal position and blow spit bubbles for the rest of my miserable life......Very close to walking away and letting this become a part of my past....I cannot express my feeling right now....Hell, I don't think I have any

Gotta start somewhere. Might as well be axing the AD. The longer that takes, the longer we are stuck running it up the middle every first down. 

Has a university president  hired a head football coach in recent history? If so, where?

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

with what I am listening to on Sportscall....I have now words....There is a sportswriter, Mathew Stevens, from the Montgomery Advertiser doing an interview with the guys and he is making so much sense that I am shaking.   I don't think there are any podcasts available so I'll try to summerise what he was saying, and since halloween is close, it was a very appropriate interview because its literally scaring the hell out of me.   In short:

Fans don't matter, not even seasons ticket holders, only very wealthy donors

As far as firing Nerdy Ned and hiring a new HC, who is going to do it because  even if the idiot AD is fired, it will take several months to hire a new one

Jethro Jacobs has a lot of support to remain as AD

Anyone who says that they know what Leath is saying, thinking or doing, is lying....He is keeping things close to the vest ( i think he is shell-shocked)

Again, former players,alumni, smaller donors,season ticket holders and average fans DO NOT MATTER

Stevens expects that Jethro will "probably" (not certainly) be replaced and that Captain Quirk will still be HC at AU next season....

I am going to take this keyboard out of my lap,let the foot rest down on my recliner, crawl underneath my desk , curl up in the fetal position and blow spit bubbles for the rest of my miserable life......Very close to walking away and letting this become a part of my past....I cannot express my feeling right now....Hell, I don't think I have any

It’s just a game . No matter how idiotic the coach is . 

If this upsets you this bad....you NEED to walk away.  Happiness in life should not come from a bunch of 18-22 year old kids that are not your own (biologically).  I've cussed, fussed and kicked the dog (not really!) this week but am ready for another game tomorrow night.  If we come out and play like we are capable, the sting of last week will be a little less.  If we lose?  The next week is a bye and we'll have time to rest and recover.

4 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

If this upsets you this bad....you NEED to walk away.  Happiness in life should not come from a bunch of 18-22 year old kids that are not your own (biologically).  I've cussed, fussed and kicked the dog (not really!) this week but am ready for another game tomorrow night.  If we come out and play like we are capable, the sting of last week will be a little less.  If we lose?  The next week is a bye and we'll have time to rest and recover.

As long as Coach Bozo is running this traveling clown show, what you have seen is all you will EVER get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As bent out of shape as you are about a sport, I'd hate to see you in the event of a real tragedy.

Be realistic. Gus will lose at least two most likely 3 out the remaining games. He is gone . Jacobs is already gone just a matter of closing the door. Even if Gus would have had a great year there was to much with the scandals to save Jacob. The law firm will come back recommending JJ be gone . Gus going empty just makes it worse. Leath will appoint a committee to hire the coach and the AD. The new AD won’t have a say. And there is no love lost between JJ and Gus. They couldn’t and wouldn’t work another year together anyway. They hate each other.

1 hour ago, doug3020 said:

Gotta start somewhere. Might as well be axing the AD. The longer that takes, the longer we are stuck running it up the middle every first down. 

Has a university president  hired a head football coach in recent history? If so, where?

Ole Miss I believe did....Freeze

Keep Jacobs and your asking for more scandals to hit the Athletic Department and the University. Keep Malzahn and you'll continue to whatch a this high school coach turn out more records between 7-6 and 8-5 during each year that he stays. We'll also continue to be the laughing stock and punching bag for the media to take shots at. Oh yeah, if Auburn ends up at 8-5 after this season, it will mark the 3rd time in 5 years that Gus Malzahn has coached Auburn to another 8-5 record. Who the heck would anyone want to keep this as head coach? Only the powers at be at Auburn. Auburn NEVER EVER wants to championships. Their happy having head coaches that wins 7, 8 or 9 wins a years. Mean while, across the state, Alabama continues to beat our ass and keep winning SEC and national championships EVERY year.

17 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Be realistic. Gus will lose at least two most likely 3 out the remaining games. He is gone . Jacobs is already gone just a matter of closing the door. Even if Gus would have had a great year there was to much with the scandals to save Jacob. The law firm will come back recommending JJ be gone . Gus going empty just makes it worse. Leath will appoint a committee to hire the coach and the AD. The new AD won’t have a say. And there is no love lost between JJ and Gus. They couldn’t and wouldn’t work another year together anyway. They hate each other.

yeah, that festered up over the OC hire, didn't it?

1 hour ago, autkidd2823 said:

Step back and take a breath. Don’t let a college athletics department ruin your life. 

Great advice kidd and welcome to AU family. I started drinking heavily last years UGA game, hit rock bottom this past Saturday 3rd quarter........trying to get the life back together now but hard 

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great advice kidd and welcome to AU family. I started drinking heavily last years UGA game, hit rock bottom this past Saturday 3rd quarter........trying to get the life back together now but hard 

Having this egotistical jackass for a coach really is detrimental to my health.   I don't drink, nor do I do drugs, but it sure would help if I did

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I think stutts is being dramatic. Hard to know what's the truth out there in sportsmedia world reguarding Auburn. War Eagle.

I am kinda' jesting somewhat, but I did have issues this past weekend due to a buildup of anger toward Malzahn that has festered ever since he was hired.   He is a fraud......Dramatic, not hardly, my utter contempt and disgust are real

I would rather have another year of Gus than another day of Jacobs.  Honestly Gus will take care of himself.  He gets in his own way and finds a way to lose.  Jacobs is doing exactly what I suspected he would, trying to convince anyone that will listen to him that he is still the guy to lead Auburn athletics.

So Matt Stevens is suggesting there is a power vacuum in Auburn?...not true and never will be true.  Jay is not pulling the strings...he’s a yes man...he answers to the money people behind the scenes.  We can hire a coach without a puppet AD.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

So Matt Stevens is suggesting there is a power vacuum in Auburn?...not true and never will be true.  Jay is not pulling the strings...he’s a yes man...he answers to the money people behind the scenes.  We can hire a coach without a puppet AD.

I'm with you on that.....I'm just so sick of this jackass society inside the AD.....I am so afraid that nothing will get done....I am going to bed hoping Arkansas wins tomorrow.....Pretty sure that won't last past kickoff, but I need to stay pissed off until then,anyway

6 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I would rather have another year of Gus than another day of Jacobs.  Honestly Gus will take care of himself.  He gets in his own way and finds a way to lose.  Jacobs is doing exactly what I suspected he would, trying to convince anyone that will listen to him that he is still the guy to lead Auburn athletics.

I keep looking closely at your avatar, i do not see a sniper dot. lols. JJ has to look up to his superiors and try to maintain that Gus is the man, keep pulling the line after that contract extension. He's also fighting scandal fires in his office all day. Five dollars says he doesn't know the score from last week. And fans/allums/donors are barely on his map. Of course that's just my opinion. I do believe no matter what happens, JJ will not be the one to fire Gus.

13 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Having this egotistical jackass for a coach really is detrimental to my health.   I don't drink, nor do I do drugs, but it sure would help if I did

Well Dover, if he continues as is and remains here next year.....my bet is that you will be doing  straight whisky chased with cocaine.

Archived