Scaramucci-backed outlet relaunches 'how many Jews were killed during the Holocaust' poll

Auburn85

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/356465-scaramucci-backed-outlet-relaunches-how-many-jews-were-killed-in-the-holocaust

A Twitter account linked to former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has posted another online poll asking, "How many Jews were killed during the Holocaust?" just three days after Scaramucci said he was was "furious" the original poll ran.

The "Scaramucci Post" poll was relaunched on Friday to its more than 25,000 followers with an explanation around why Scaramucci and partner Lance Leifer, a hedge fund manager, decided to proceed.

"If anyone was offended by this act, you have both my sincere personal apology and commitment that it will never happen again," Scaramucci said in a statement on Tuesday after the poll was posted for the first time

"I have publicly criticized the white supremacy movement and understand the Holocaust was one of the most abhorrent moments in world history," his statement continued.

Scaramucci, a former Fox Business Network host and Wall Street financier, asked followers of his personal Twitter account on Friday to vote in the poll.

"Please vote & retweet. Do not let Holocaust deniers and anti-Semites control this poll," he wrote to his 850,000 followers. "Six million Jews perished in the Holocaust."
Leifer, who is Jewish, also apologized on Tuesday via the Scaramucci Post's Twitter account. 

"The intent of the poll was to highlight ignorance of the basic facts of the Holocaust. I take full responsibility for it," the account tweeted.

"This is @lancelaifer and I apologize if anyone was offended by the Holocaust poll."

More than 10,000 votes had been cast in the latest poll as of Friday at 5:45 p.m. EST.

Archived