halftime interview with Saban vs Gus last week

AUIH1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

with he big boys and win championships with Gustav.

wde

Cliff notes or a link might help illustrate your point.

Yeah, one demands perfection and never misses an opportunity to send a message to his team. The other is just trying to hang on.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Cliff notes or a link much help illustrate your point

He basically said they had a bad week of practice and their lackadaisical play in the 1st half was the product. Alluded to an ass chewing at the half.

Let's add to it the fact that they have a 21 point lead to start the second half and they're running a hurry up offense with passes down field. Compare that with Gus' slow, kill clock run up the middle conservative approach when up big. This is the difference between playing to win and playing not to lose. 

Gus is perfect for millennial youth soccer and the culture that exists there. He is all about moral victories and everyone getting a trophy and NEVER running up the score on anyone. Good job! good effort! That is gus. " We are up 9. I like where we are." WELL WE DO NOT like where we are as a program Gus.

• WarTiger changed the title to halftime interview with Saban vs Gus last week
1 minute ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Let's add to it the fact that they have a 21 point lead to start the second half and they're running a hurry up offense with passes down field. Compare that with Gus' slow, kill clock run up the middle conservative approach when up big. This is the difference between playing to win and playing not to loose. 

AND saban use to be mr conservative who would run run run and just want to wear you down. Saban offense now operates how Malzahns USED to.

Really hoping TN comes back on them now reading these comments. 

Ha.

Sorry - not trying to be a jerk, but it makes me laugh to think about the possibility.

He also went up and out his backup qb in and actually let him run the offense not just hand off every play. Couple years that'll pay off while auburn will still be breaking in a new qb every year with basically zero game experience.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Cliff notes or a link might help illustrate your point.

See ValleyTiger's  post.

wde

Gus is a wuss, mediocre coach who was happy with a 9 point lead after squandering a 20 point lead.  Saban is a great football coach who demands perfection.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Gus is a wuss, mediocre coach who was happy with a 9 point lead after squandering a 20 point lead.  Saban is a great football coach who demands perfection.

wde

Captain Obvious, is that you?

On 10/21/2017 at 4:46 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Gus is perfect for millennial youth soccer and the culture that exists there. He is all about moral victories and everyone getting a trophy and NEVER running up the score on anyone. Good job! good effort! That is gus. " We are up 9. I like where we are." WELL WE DO NOT like where we are as a program Gus.

I just watched my 9 year old son's first club soccer tournament.   Those coaches are far more hard core than the Gustopher.  

Sidenote.  Reason #12,675,427 why soccer sucks, screaming at a ref will get you "asked to leave"?   

You saban worshippers have no idea.....just none at all. He is one of the main reasons that college football has been ruined. It's sickening to see a whole thread on an AU forum giving him undeserved respect. 

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You saban worshippers have no idea.....just none at all. He is one of the main reasons that college football has been ruined. It's sickening to see a whole thread on an AU forum giving him undeserved respect. 

Wow. Just...wow...

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

College football is definitely getting harder to enjoy. Not sure which contributors I dislike the most but Saban has been a huge part. The media of course and then social media has hurt. It's said that the golden age of sports is your childhood. I guess it's really the innocence of youth that makes it golden. Want a real shock, in about 15-20 years things will be so different that some 10 year old kid right now will think these were the good old days. 

25 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Why don’t you give us an idea 

So, Saban is ruining college football because he is very good at his job?  And because he has figured out how to win more than anyone else?  

The New York Yankees won 20 world titles over a 39 year span, did they ruin baseball??  

The Boston Celtics won 10 titles in an 11 year period, did they ruin basketball????

Why is he ruining football because he wins a lot and does his job well.  Did Bill Gates ruin software? 

And before we hear the "Saban is mean, or Saban is just not a good person" stuff we usually hear let me address that.  (A) I don't particularly like his attitude in media sessions but you can't judge a guy off of that. The media drives everyone crazy and our boy Gus ain't exactly a peach in his. (B) He does a lot of charity work for kids (C) Talk to some of Coach Dye's old players and see how nice of a guy he was out there in practices and especially the famous spring camp where he ran off like half the team when he first got there but was crucial in building a successful program. (D) Apparently, he has a pretty good bed side manner to go into all these top recruits homes and convince them to go to school in "beautiful" Tuscaloosa, AL.  

I don't like the guy but to say he is "ruining" college football is just folly and short-sided.  His run will end soon and college football will live on.  It won't be Saban that kills college football, it will be head injuries and the never ending debate about paying players what they are worth.  

22 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

So, Saban is ruining college football because he is very good at his job?  And because he has figured out how to win more than anyone else?  

The New York Yankees won 20 world titles over a 39 year span, did they ruin baseball??  

The Boston Celtics won 10 titles in an 11 year period, did they ruin basketball????

Why is he ruining football because he wins a lot and does his job well.  Did Bill Gates ruin software? 

And before we hear the "Saban is mean, or Saban is just not a good person" stuff we usually hear let me address that.  (A) I don't particularly like his attitude in media sessions but you can't judge a guy off of that. The media drives everyone crazy and our boy Gus ain't exactly a peach in his. (B) He does a lot of charity work for kids (C) Talk to some of Coach Dye's old players and see how nice of a guy he was out there in practices and especially the famous spring camp where he ran off like half the team when he first got there but was crucial in building a successful program. (D) Apparently, he has a pretty good bed side manner to go into all these top recruits homes and convince them to go to school in "beautiful" Tuscaloosa, AL.  

I don't like the guy but to say he is "ruining" college football is just folly and short-sided.  His run will end soon and college football will live on.  It won't be Saban that kills college football, it will be head injuries and the never ending debate about paying players what they are worth.  

Like I said....you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. It goes so far beyond being a jerk....and the whole bammer football program is much darker than people understand.  Why in the hell would you drag Gus into this discussion?. He has absolutely nothing to do with it. The  whole "charity work stuff makes him a nice guy" literally makes me ill.....

Hard to believe that AU fans would listen to a Saban interview...I can barely watch a bammer game and can't wait to turn the sound off when play stops.

Archived