Backup QB

weagle06

Bama goes up by 28 and Saban is actually letting Tua run the offense. What a concept?! Couple years from now we'll have to use the first 5 games to let Malik learn to pass in a live game due to Gus's ignorance though... 

8 minutes ago, weagle06 said:

Bama goes up by 28 and Saban is actually letting Tua run the offense. What a concept?! Couple years from now we'll have to use the first 5 games to let Malik learn to pass in a live game due to Gus's ignorance though... 

Alabama is just a very well coached football team. Their talent level is also off the charts. It is really unreal. What impresses me the most though, is even with the talent disparity, they never seem to get complacent, and play with such intensity. That is a direct reflection of superior coaching. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just trying to be optimistic.

He does look great and I’m excited about his potential for sure. Point is, he isn’t getting to run the real O and doesn’t get to make real game decisions. It would be nice to really see what he’s got versus throwing him in to the fire during a next man up situation. That’s what folks are taking about. 

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

He does look great and I’m excited about his potential for sure. Point is, he isn’t getting to run the real O and doesn’t get to make real game decisions. It would be nice to really see what he’s got versus throwing him in to the fire during a next man up situation. That’s what folks are taking about. 

Unfortunately, under Malzahn, the only time we will see him throw is during a next man up situation like you said, or the Spring Game. 

Jf3 was treated the same way, and even when he was the starter for Vandy, it was heavy run anyways. Hopefully Willis will have better luck.

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I know, I have been on Gus’ case from the first game for not playing MW in that game instead of the walk-on.  SW was not available for the Clemson game and Gus doesnt give MW a sniff.  His personnel management is odd in my estimation.

I have come to the conclusion that Gus will be coaching Auburn (or not) by the decisions he makes during his tenure.  Nothing I can say or do will change that, so for the rest of the season I am going to try to be more optimistic.  I’m not sure I can do that, but I will try.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know, I have been on Gus’ case from the first game for not playing MW in that game instead of the walk-on.  SW was not available for the Clemson game and Gus doesnt give MW a sniff.  His personnel management is odd in my estimation.

I have come to the conclusion that Gus will be coaching Auburn (or not) by the decisions he makes during his tenure.  Nothing I can say or do will change that, so for the rest of the season I am going to try to be more optimistic.  I’m not sure I can do that, but I will try.

Well at least we can depend on Adams to run the offense if Stidham does go out 

I’ll make a prediction, if they turn Willis loose on uat he will make their defense pay. He is the type QB they can’t handle. Not knocking Stidham just saying the the Freshman has the distinct ability to rattle Saben’s defense. The kind that gives Saben heartburn.

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll make a prediction, if they turn Willis loose on uat he will make their defense pay. He is the type QB they can’t handle. Not knocking Stidham just saying the the Freshman has the distinct ability to rattle Saben’s defense. The kind that gives Saben heartburn.

I'll make a prediction that barring injury to Stidham it's not going to happen.  Malik Willis needs to eat a thousand cheeseburgers before he goes live against the Updykes.  He just might make us forget Nick Marshall, but he is not yet built to withstand that kind of beating.

I just don't understand how as a coach you don't want to give your backup the opportunities to run the whole offense to get more comfortable and accustomed to it. Oh wait I forgot we still had Gustav as our coach... Just to give comparison the turds backup has attempted 42 passes. Even Penn St. backup has 17 attempts. We have 6 attempts for 8 yards, with one of them being a glorified handoff that went for a td. Have to get reps to get better. I'm excited seeing the wheels he has brings back fond memories of marshall.

My disdain for AU coaching has increased 10 fold since the UGA game last year BUT if you think logically about the QB situation, Stidham is a soph that has less than 10 starts under he belt. He needs the reps more than Willis. Now I wish we would scrap the Dadgum wildcat and bring in Willis for a change of pace every once in a while but that is a different story. 

18 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'll make a prediction that barring injury to Stidham it's not going to happen.  Malik Willis needs to eat a thousand cheeseburgers before he goes live against the Updykes.  He just might make us forget Nick Marshall, but he is not yet built to withstand that kind of beating.

I WILL NEVER FORGET NICK MARSHALL

Edit: in 2 years I'll be taking credit for the idea that involves someone photoshopping Malik Willis and Nick Marshall into the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" movie poster and renaming it "Forgetting Nick Marshall". I'm calling it already, mystery man/woman.

On 10/22/2017 at 9:28 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll make a prediction, if they turn Willis loose on uat he will make their defense pay. He is the type QB they can’t handle.

Yes, I hope we get Willis in there. He's such a great tool to keep the Bama front 7 from loading the box. Great way to tire them out also.  He's too fast to keep off the field.  Nothing against Stidham, but its clear gus isnt going to allow for Stidham to throw 40 times a game.

5 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

Yes, I hope we get Willis in there. He's such a great tool to keep the Bama front 7 from loading the box. Great way to tire them out also.  He's too fast to keep off the field.  Nothing against Stidham, but its clear gus isnt going to allow for Stidham to throw 40 times a game.

My hope is they use them both maybe even in the same backfield. 

On 10/22/2017 at 8:38 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Not knocking you but Nick Marshall says hello. When you can move as fast as Nick and Willis you usually don’t take hard hits. That iswhere you find advantage with Quick versus strong. Nick = 6’1” 206. Willis 6’1” 202 ? and Willis is faster.

22 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not knocking you but Nick Marshall says hello. When you can move as fast as Nick and Willis you usually don’t take hard hits. That iswhere you find advantage with Quick versus strong. Nick = 6’1” 206. Willis 6’1” 202 ?

Who do you think is faster NM or MW ? NM looks to be the fastest to me. Wonder what are their forty times.

Archived