***Auburn 52 Arkansas 20 -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am not giving him credit for anything until we see it against quality opponents. 

This . Beat a good team . Then i will be stoked . The hogs are horrible 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CircleDrill said:

Why doesn't Gus let Chip call it like this against opponents who are not completely outmatched?

I am as disappointed with Gus as anyone, but we really have to stop this: when the play  calling is going well, it was Chip calling them. Then, when the play calling is bad, it was Gus calling them. 

Nothing personal whatsoever, but it just doesn’t sound very intelligent.

Just now, AU-24 said:

I am as disappointed with Gus as anyone, but we really have to stop this: when the play  calling is going well, it was Chip calling them. Then, when the play calling is bad, it was Gus calling them. 

you can clear as day see when gus is calling the shots. Lots of runs up the middle? that is gus. Tonight was a step in the right direction but still NOT the full chip offense. He has lot of intermediate routes that we have not seen sans A day.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Why? Chip Lindsey offense does NOT run the ball 17 straight times on 1st down. That is not in his DNA. He throws on 1st down more than anything. This was a CCL offense tonight. The quick 1st down hitters.

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It is true though. Do you think that Chip Lindsey actually throttled the offense last week, without Gustard telling him to do so? 23 Points?

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It doesn’t sound intelligent when it goes from a dynamic offense to running up the middle 16-17 straight first downs and the only legit pass plays are 40 yard bombs and people still blame chip

Just now, AU-24 said:

OK, so every good play call was Chips. Every bad play call was Gus.

Yes that is exactly what we said. 

Just now, DAG said:

Why? Chip Lindsey offense does NOT run the ball 17 straight times on 1st down. That is not in his DNA. He throws on 1st down more than anything. This was a CCL offense tonight. The quick 1st down hitters.

I am convinced that the coaches, whichever one it was I don't know, were doing everything they could to make sure Stidham stayed healthy in the game. Call it being overprotective. Especially since we had guys go down on the offensive line. Might not have been the case, but it makes sense for some of the play-calling that was going on. 

4 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Woah Nellie! Ole Gusto has made me a skeptic.

For sure, we have to see a performance like this against a good team, which would be aTm, or against a great team, which would be GA or AL- until we see this kind of coaching and offensive performance against these teams I will be skeptical too.

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The philosophy is Gusto. HE said we need to squeeze the ball. He said that he counted on the defense too much, in so many words. HE told CL to run the ball against a 8 man front. 17 times on first down. It is easy to tell when he interjects himself.

Like I said in the thread about the loss carrying over. That one will continue to sting unless we reach ATL. I don't recall ever feeling this down about a mid season loss a week later. The game plan in the second half was better but you have to think Gus was adjusting to his criticism rather than Arkansas. 

Just now, AU-24 said:

Dude it’s freakin obvious when it’s Gus. Whether it’s him calling the play, or he is telling Chip what to call. Gus has been the king of sitting on leads. People in the know have said so, people that have clout in the media has said so. This Gus has no blame mentality is why we will never reach our full potential 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Like I said in the thread about the loss carrying over. That one will continue to sting unless we reach ATL. I don't recall ever feeling this down about a mid season loss a week later. The game plan in the second half was better but you have to think Gus was adjusting to his criticism rather than Arkansas. 

That loss stings even more after this game 

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Dude it’s freakin obvious when it’s Gus. Whether it’s him calling the play, or he is telling Chip what to call. Gus has been the king of sitting on leads. People in the know have said so, people that have clout in the media has said so. This Gus has no blame mentality is why we will never reach our full potential 

I don't give him any credit. He was too dang stubborn last week. As Alexava said, he just adjusted to his criticism. Wait till he gets in a tight game against good competition and lets see what he does. He will go conservative and lose. Last years Clemson and Georgia games, and last week destroyed any confidence I had in him as a competent P5 head coach.

This team should be 7-1, ranked in top 10 with a bye week to prepare for a brutal stretch run that could be very special.  Gus robbed his players, coaches and fans by being a bone head last week.  Any win on the road in the SEC should be enjoyed, but truthfully this win feels fairly hollow after last week's debacle. 

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Just now, OnthePlains said:

This team should be 7-1, ranked in top 10 with a bye week to prepare for a brutal stretch run that could be very special.  Gus robbed his players, coaches and fans by being a bone head last week.  Any win on the road in the SEC should be enjoyed, but truthfully this win feels fairly hollow after last week's debacle. 

This has irked me all week 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

It is going to feel like this until we go into the UGA game 8-2. That is the road to redemption.

I’m so glad the coaches took a beating all week because it seemed like they got their heads out of the sand and were smart about things. Obviously lots of good things across the board and we should go to aTm ready to roll. Let’s have a productive off week and finish this thing. 

Archived