***Auburn 52 Arkansas 20 -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, tigerman1186 said:

I would like to see the offensive line drive their man until the whistle....too many times after their initial hit, they are standing and looking around.....'get down and dirty'

yep. Run blocking is still abysmal. at least pass protection is better

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DAG said:

It might not. ND , Penn State, Clemson and TCU. We will need help

Indeed.  Oklahoma or Oklahoma State could emerge from the Big 12 with one loss, or TCU could be undefeated.  Either way, that is one slot taken.  Washington could emerge from the PAC 12 undefeated or with one loss, or Wazzou could do it with one loss.  Another slot taken.  Penn State or Wisconsin could emerge from the Big 10 undefeated, or Ohio State and Michigan State could have one loss.  Another slot taken.  A one loss Clemson, and possibly an undefeated or one loss Miami could emerge from the ACC.  Another slot taken.  A one loss Notre Dame likely gets a nod.  Another slot taken.

There really is a lot of chaos that needs to happen across college football before a two loss SEC Champion takes a slot over the alternatives.

Agree with those that are not sure Gus has really learned his lesson after the LSU game . I will be on nerve medicine during  aTm, Ga., And of course Bama just waiting for the same thing to happen. Of course I will also be very happy if we get big leads against those teams for him to NOT make the same blunder.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

Indeed.  Oklahoma or Oklahoma State could emerge from the Big 12 with one loss, or TCU could be undefeated.  Either way, that is one slot taken.  Washington could emerge from the PAC 12 undefeated or with one loss, or Wazzou could do it with one loss.  Another slot taken.  Penn State or Wisconsin could emerge from the Big 10 undefeated, or Ohio State and Michigan State could have one loss.  Another slot taken.  A one loss Clemson, and possibly an undefeated or one loss Miami could emerge from the ACC.  Another slot taken.  A one loss Notre Dame likely gets a nod.  Another slot taken.

There really is a lot of chaos that needs to happen across college football before a two loss SEC Champion takes a slot over the alternatives.

I'd rather have a two loss Auburn get left out of the playoffs than an undefeated bama get in. 

I want us to get in, but it would be a nice consolation prize knowing we ruined a bunch of bammers Christmas and New Years. LOL 

I hope we are needing to have this conversation in a month, but sadly think we will be exposed again by then.

2 minutes ago, oldman said:

Agree with those that are not sure Gus has really learned his lesson after the LSU game . I will be on nerve medicine during  aTm, Ga., And of course Bama just waiting for the same thing to happen. Of course I will also be very happy if we get big leads against those teams for him to NOT make the same blunder.

Well, the announcers did call it out (again) that there was really nothing for Stidham to check down to from the long-developing pass plays.

16 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Best part about tonight.......

Astros going to the World Series.

now back to football talk.

And being a bug Cubs fan that I am, it was fitting that the Cubs lost their first NLCS playoff game last Saturday night, 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

I'd rather have a two loss Auburn get left out of the playoffs than an undefeated bama get in. 

I want us to get in, but it would be a nice consolation prize knowing we ruined a bunch of bammers Christmas and New Years. LOL 

I hope we are needing to have this conversation in a month, but sadly think we will be exposed again by then.

Unfortunately, an undefeated Alabama gets in.  No one loss team takes a slot over them, and there will most likely not be enough undefeated teams left to justify leaving them out.  The other four conferences can produce an undefeated champion at this point, but it is far from certain that all, or even any, of them actually will.

We are what we are. We have a good qb, a great D, and above average RBs. The play calling and coaching have not changed at all. We will beat the bad teams and struggle with the good teams. I saw nothing that has changed except for KP looked better against a very bad team. I see no way we beat UGA or UAT at this point and will be surprised if we beat TAM  

Prove me wrong Gus. PLEASE! 

17 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Unfortunately, an undefeated Alabama gets in.  No one loss team takes a slot over them, and there will most likely not be enough undefeated teams left to justify leaving them out.  The other four conferences can produce an undefeated champion at this point, but it is far from certain that all, or even any, of them actually will.

I know, but a 2 loss Auburn team that gets left out means bama isn't undefeated and not in the playoffs as well. 

It was Ark, and Ark is about as bad as MO.  Auburn's coaches do great against nobody...again.  Put them under pressure and they fold.  Don't they have plays in their book with check off routes rather than just send everybody long?  A&M will give them a good game.  Will our coaches panic and fold again?  I don't see any hope of Auburn beating GA or AL.  And this is not fair to our kids.

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I know, but a 2 loss Auburn team that gets left out means bama isn't undefeated and not in the playoffs as well. 

A 4, or even 5 loss Auburn is what's going to be left out.  AL makes everyone else look like high school teams.

21 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Unless the other four conferences have undefeated champions, I can see a one loss Bama team getting into the playoffs even if they don't get into the SECCG. Just like Ohio State...

50 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

We've beaten one team from a power 5 conference with a winning record. Please place those playoff thoughts on hold. 

More like put em in the trash

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

When we beat a good team. 

2 minutes ago, CJBas said:

Just as soon as we are good.

I guess my sarcasm didn't go over so well.

While it was an entertaining game to watch, I will have to see how we perform versus ATM and UGA before I think Gus has changed at all. He's seemed to have changed at multiple points the last two seasons, only to leave me scratching my head again.

On a positive note, this was the most well called game of the year offensively by whoever was calling it. It was wild seeing something besides a run up the middle after a first down. I had to call Satan a couple times to make sure hell hadn't frozen over.

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Unless the other four conferences have undefeated champions, I can see a one loss Bama team getting into the playoffs even if they don't get into the SECCG. Just like Ohio State...

Assuming the committee is unbiased (which it is supposed to be), Alabama will have lost to the only good team they played, and that has to mean something.  A one loss Big 12 or Big 10 team will have beaten better teams to get there, as would a one loss Clemson.  Now that Washington has lost, the PAC 12 can no longer produce an undefeated champion.  That said, if Washington runs the table, they will have beaten Stanford, Wazzou, and likely USC in the PAC 12 Championship Game.  That is a more impressive resume than beating up a bunch of inferior teams, losing to Auburn, and not winning your division or conference.

20 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

While it was an entertaining game to watch, I will have to see how we perform versus ATM and UGA before I think Gus has changed at all. He's seemed to have changed at multiple points the last two seasons, only to leave me scratching my head again.

On a positive note, this was the most well called game of the year offensively by whoever was calling it. It was wild seeing something besides a run up the middle after a first down. I had to call Satan a couple times to make sure hell hadn't frozen over.

I agree, The ATM and UGA games will be  defining games for Gus.  With the loss to a lacking LSU team, these games have become must wins for Gus.  He has backed himself into amen corner, and he might just need another miracle to get out.

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Well, the announcers did call it out (again) that there was really nothing for Stidham to check down to from the long-developing pass plays.

That never makes sense. I wonder if one of them ran a wrong route sometimes.

UGA is in for a rough day in Auburn.  They have played absolutely no one with a pulse with the exception of an over ranked ND.  The east is beyond horrible.  They are much like us.  The teams they can run on they destroy the teams they can’t they will struggle.  

Stidham is better then Fromm and if our defense can get healthy I think they are better at pass defense.

Our special teams are horrible right now and hope to see a few starters make their way into more prominent roles. 

26 minutes ago, corchjay said:

UGA is in for a rough day in Auburn.  They have played absolutely no one with a pulse with the exception of an over ranked ND.  The east is beyond horrible.  They are much like us.  The teams they can run on they destroy the teams they can’t they will struggle.  

Stidham is better then Fromm and if our defense can get healthy I think they are better at pass defense.

Our special teams are horrible right now and hope to see a few starters make their way into more prominent roles. 

I wish I shared your confidence.

Archived