Arkansas Game Report Card

StatTiger

We did what we should have done. Had this been the coaching mentality last week we would be heading into the bye week undefeated in the SEC and at least #7 in the nation. 

To credit the play calling this week it seemed we ran off tackle on first down as opposed to always straight up the gut.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic
4 hours ago, lala said:

I am concerned about the lack of intermediate passes.    We have to work on this.  

I think this horse has been beaten! Last night we had at least 3 - maybe 4 - pass plays (that I saw) where we had no check down. Only 3 deep routes and everyone else blocking. Even the SECN announcers picked up on this. I wish we would at least run one 10-15 yard in-route out of those 3. Maybe this is why I am not coaching. 

We have already seen what happens when you play 50/50 on every pass play with talented DBs. I do not expect anything more against Armani Watts and the bama DBs. Probably uga, but I just do not know enough about them yet.

One of the plays that stidham took a hard hit .. tv guys discussed him holding on to the ball too long ... there was a 12 yard crossing route that was open a count or 2 before he airmailed the ball.

i think gus has scared the crap out of him about turnovers and he isn’t throwing the smaller window balls.

there aren’t as many middle, midrange throws - but there are some.  Stidham isn’t throwing the few we have.

btw, a few other games they have been dropped

Edited by mustache eagle