2017 MLB World Series- Dodgers v. Astros

aujeff11

Both teams are 100 win teams (1st time in 40 years.)

World Series

Pulling for Colt 45s.........uh...the Astros.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Go 45's beat the living dog crap out of the west dodgers

I was a Rusty Staub fan back in the day.....a gulf coast kid who made the jump to the majors as a teenager. .

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I was a Rusty Staub fan back in the day.....a gulf coast kid who made the jump to the majors as a teenager. .

Saw my first major league came at the Astordome in 1972  vs the Cubs and QV Lowe was a coach for the Cubs. Always like Rusty

Let's go Dodgers!! Wish it could've been Dodgers v Bo Sox but at least I get the Dodgers.

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw my first major league came at the Astordome in 1972  vs the Cubs and QV Lowe was a coach for the Cubs. Always like Rusty

I was there a about thee same time for a ball game....don't remember a thing about the game....as a guy from a small Alabama town, I think the Astrodome probably was what captured all of my attention...not the game. 

I had seen the Braves play prior to that a time or two  in that crappy stadium they threw together in about 18 months or something..... but the Astrodome back in those days was unique and amazing.. 

Doubt there will be lot of fireworks in this series. Def from the ‘stros. 1-0 Dodgers, bottom of third.

Great pitching and defense though. If that’s your thing, come eat your heart out.

Edit: And then the next Astros hitter hits a solo homer in the top of the 4th. 1-1.

2 quick home runs ...one by each team and game is tied at one.  I remember Bregman from LSU seems like just a couple years ago. 

Kershaw just destroying the Astro's batters....can't touch him....11 strikeouts in 6 innings.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Kershaw just destroying the Astro's batters....can't touch him....11 strikeouts in 6 innings.

He’s on his game tonight. Both pitchers are playing well really except the teams are making the few combined mistakes pay via HR’s. 

Kershaw known to give up HRs too....but Astros not getting much off of him.....and couple DPs helping both pitchers.  Bobbled DP by Dodgers....hope Houston can make them pay

really strange strike zone.s...all over the place ....but same for both pitchers but batters have to be wondering

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Kershaw known to give up HRs too....but Astros not getting much off of him.....and couple DPs helping both pitchers.  Bobbled DP by Dodgers....hope Houston can make them pay

Yep. Both sides have gotten very timely DP’s. 

Pitching change and then a walk. Dodgers on 1st and 2nd with two outs in bottom of the 7th. 

Nothing doing, still 3-1 Dodgers after 7.

Peacock scares me...but he got out of the problems....so Astros have a couple more shots at it....and despite their bull pen, I'm happy to see CK gone for the night.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

That bullpen is no slouch. 

yep......but I trust batter to hit the fast ball better than that curve CK ate them up with  but that was a pretty quick 8th.

Just now, AU64 said:

yep......but I trust batter to hit the fast ball better than that curve CK ate them up with  but that was a pretty quick 8th.

Jansen coming in the ninth would probably seal it. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Jansen coming in the ninth would probably seal it. 

yep.....maybe....

Well.....on to game 2

quick game.....good pitching both sides....

Just now, AU64 said:

Well.....on to game 2

quick game.....good pitching both sides....

Yep. Quick game indeed. 

1 down 3 to go. Let's go Dodgers!

Game 2 gets under way in a few minutes...Verlander hoping to even the series.  Astros really need this game since Dodgers have the advantage of 4 games in their stadium if necessary.

Archived