2017 MLB World Series- Dodgers v. Astros

aujeff11

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Game 2 gets under way in a few minutes...Verlander hoping to even the series.  Astros really need this game since Dodgers have the advantage of 4 games in their stadium if necessary.

Hitters have to do a little more for the Astros that’s for sure. Can’t win on strong pitching alone. They probably won’t come completely alive due to the Dodgers strong pitching, but jneed a little bit more to get a win.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hitters have to do a little more for the Astros that’s for sure. Can’t win on strong pitching alone. They probably won’t come completely alive due to the Dodgers strong pitching, but jneed a little bit more to get a win.

Absolutely....they lead the majors in hitting or runs or something like that...but bats have been quiet most of the way since the season ended. ....maybe like our offense,...made their stats against the weaker teams in the league:)

BTW....guess they are playing National League rules in LA and designated hitter in Houston?

I stopped watching around the 4th but I’d say their bats woke up just fine. Series is now 1-1 and headed to the Astros for a three game stretch

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

BTW....guess they are playing National League rules in LA and designated hitter in Houston?

Pretty sure this is correct. 

Outstanding finish...way past my bedtime but Astros got their bars going.  Some clutch hitting to even the series...in 11 innings. 

Fantastic game last night.  Over-managing really hurt L.A. last night though.  No need to pull Hill after 4 innings when he was cruising.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Fantastic game last night.  Over-managing really hurt L.A. last night though.  No need to pull Hill after 4 innings when he was cruising.

Yep...Dodgers .used up their pitching staff too early but rolled the dice and figured they could keep the Astros at 1 with the strong bull pen.....which did not work.     Some amazing clutch hitting from both teams....

Truly fantastic on so many levels. Legitimately looked like a heavyweight boxing championship match. To think Verlander had a no hitter through 4 innings and Dodgers only 2 hits through 9 innings, ended in a slugfest. I hope we get 5 more games with this...unless the Stros win at home in 5 :P

25 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Truly fantastic on so many levels. Legitimately looked like a heavyweight boxing championship match. To think Verlander had a no hitter through 4 innings and Dodgers only 2 hits through 9 innings, ended in a slugfest. I hope we get 5 more games with this...unless the Stros win at home in 5 :P

Two best teams playing each other....that's great and does not always work out that way.   Yep...Dodgers with more runs than hits for most of the game.

And your analogy of a heavy weight fight was great.....especially the last few innings and the OT.   Until that third strike on Puig the game did not look over..... no matter the score at that point...it still could have gone either way..

• 8 months later...

Go Stros! Still lighting up the Dodgers with back to back Jacks in top of 10th in the All Star game. Bregman than Springer!

Archived